diy solar

diy solar

Enphase and Schott compatibility

multilectical

I'm sitting on top of a pile of these heavy oldish Schott Solar ASE-300-DGF/50-290 panels. Does anyone here know if these might be compatible with Enphase microinverters? It checks out on Enphase's compatibility checker, but the specs say these are 18 cell panels, while Enphase say their micro inverters work with 60 and 72 cell panels. Any reason these wouldn't work together?

Specs for the Schott panels are here: http://www.solardesigntool.com/comp...-300-DGF-50-290/specification-data-sheet.html

I don't see how 18 cells can make 62 volts.....

Searched and cells are supposed to make 0.6 volts DC....

18 x 0.6 = 10.8
60 x 0.6 = 36
72 x 0.6 = 43.2

If you put 4 panels with 18 cells in series you get 72 cells and that should work with enphase inverters.

Double check with a volt meter.

I don't see how 18 cells can make 62 volts.....

Searched and cells are supposed to make 0.6 volts DC....

18 x 0.6 = 10.8
60 x 0.6 = 36
72 x 0.6 = 43.2

If you put 4 panels with 18 cells in series you get 72 cells and that should work with enphase inverters.

Double check with a volt meter.
Well. It looks like they're doing some goofy 18 cell grouping and then running those in series and advertising the bypass diodes between them rather than just stating the full panel cell count.

Displaying them as 18 cells might just be an error on that spec sheet as a result of someone badly transcribing it.

@Short_Shot, I agree. The spec sheet is probably wrong. Turned out those panels are too big and heavy to work out with permitting on that particular roof anyhow. Pretty sure those would work with the IQ7x. Can't imagine why the inverter itself would ever even care about cell count if the V are in range and there's enough amps to turn it on.

Back