diy solar

diy solar

Enphase Inverters together

Nitr0

Does anyone know if I can mixed IQ7Plus and IQ7X inverters together? I have one Enphase X-IQ-AM1-240-3 M combiner box and only 4 panels with IQ7Plus inverters today. I want to move (2) 96 cell panels onto the system that are currently on a string inverter. I called a couple places about having them come look at my DIY project and the one guy freaked out when I mentioned having the two microinverters together but didn't explain. I can see that the VA is higher so I'd just assume I need to connect them on a separate branch?

You can mix different Enphase iQ series inverters and it will work just fine. Since you have an iQ combiner, you should be able to use the "Enphase Installer Toolkit" app and add the new inverters into the system for power reporting. I have it on my iPhone, and I see delete/add inverter, but I don't see any way to locate it in the array display. I think you need an Android tablet to get all of the features, and maybe an installer license, but at least you should be able to see the power per panel by the serial number.

The only thing you need to watch is to make sure the max constant current on the trunk line does not exceed 16 amps on the 20 amp breaker and 12 awg wire. If you add a second string into the iQ combiner, make sure to run one of the leads through the CT to add the current to the reading in Enlighten.

I'll check my current load tomorrow, if it's sunny, with my amp meter to see what I'm currently at. I was able to do everything when I initialled installed my 4 IQ7plus microinverters with my Samsung Tablet in August.

I bought my inverters from Northern Arizona Wind and Solar and they told me to expect about 3 amp per inverter on the plus but I didn't ask when I ordered the X.

The iQ7 is just 1 amp each, you can run up to 16 on a 240 volt 20 amp circuit. The iQ7+ is 1.2 amps each and can run up to 13 on a 240 volt 20 amp circuit. The iQ7x is 1.3 amps each, so only 12 of them. And the latest iQ7A is 1.45 amps, so only 11 of them.

When you mix, you have to multiply how much of each type, and don't exceed 16 amps total.

So you now have 4 of the 7+ which could top out at 1.2 amps x 4 = 4.8 amps. You can add 11.2 more amps. Two iQ7X's at 1.3 amps each, is just another 2.6 amps, for a total of 7.4 amps, so you still have plenty of room still on your 20 amp circuit.

Similar related question. I've been using the IEEE 1547 default 2015, no export profile (in western PA) since August. How do I find my profile for my area. Only thing I found online was to use IEEE 1547

How do I find my profile for my area. Only thing I found online was to use IEEE 1547
I am only aware of two variations to the standard profiles in Hawaii and California. Otherwise I would not worry about it.
My utility either specified CA21 in my Permission to Operate and/or they specified that my inverter had to be CA21 compliant.

Back