diy solar

diy solar

Enphase IQ8 Microinverters Ready for Prime Time

el-guapin

Trust no One
Not sure if this has already being posted but looks like Enphase has begun rolling out the IQ8 inverters

Enphase Energy Introduces IQ8 Microgrid-Forming Microinverter

1635219952427-png.725847

I've been searching around and haven't been able to find any line diagrams of how the IQ 8 can be hooked up. What I'm trying to understand is how they create a micro grid AND anti-island from the main grid during grid down situation?

I've been searching around and haven't been able to find any line diagrams of how the IQ 8 can be hooked up. What I'm trying to understand is how they create a micro grid AND anti-island from the main grid during grid down situation?
They use a smart transfer switch that aggregate solar, battery, generator, loads/load-control, grid into one device. With the use of current transformers, very fast switching and power flow control they can always keep power on.

Well Merry Christmas! Thanks!

I wonder why they have the 208 variant?

IQ8H-240-72-2-US
IQ8H-208-72-2-US

The footnote says: (1) The IQ8H-208 variant will be operating in grid-tied mode only at 208V AC.

Last edited:
Well Merry Christmas! Thanks!

I wonder why they have the 208 varient?

IQ8H-240-72-2-US
IQ8H-208-72-2-US

The footnote says: (1) The IQ8H-208 variant will be operating in grid-tied mode only at 208V AC.
Some properties/electric service is only 120/208V. I thought it was interesting they aren’t making an IQX variant (96 cell)

So you need the IQ system controller with a Combiner 4 (looks like envoy will be powered from the system controller). Can’t wait for a system review to see what it can power.

So you need the IQ system controller with a Combiner 4 (looks like envoy will be powered from the system controller). Can’t wait for a system review to see what it can power.
4IQ 10T batteries in parallel is 40kWh and 15.36kW continuous and 23kW peak output. What would you like to power?

Back