diy solar

diy solar

Envision 315Ah Cell

All I will say is that let someone else be the guinea pig for these 550 AH cells. Wait at least 2 years before buying them to make sure there are no issues.

Or you can be like the people who bought the 280K, all thinking it was nice only to find out No its worse than the previous 280N... It took them 2 years and 3 attempts to fix and now they are calling it a 280K version 3 (that is assuming it is even fixed).

So yeah, exciting, but at the same time, you better be cautious. Personally I would stick with the 304 as they have a good track record. Also rept 280 are nice alternative to the EVE 280 and hithium 280 looks promising as well.

After some back and forth with the supplier I did order a set of 8 to try out in my 24v system in my RV.
These are showing ETA of mid July...I will report back once these arrive.
Do you have tracking on these yet?
I'm really tempted to order 16 but want another guinea pig to give first impressions ?

They didn't arrive yet, in Canada we have had a few things that slowed freight via Vancouver, hope to see them soon and let ya know!

Edit: update (since you guys got me worried there for a bit) yeah these are still crossing the Pacific, will hopefully see them soon and then I will put them to a test. I have a Zketech EBC40 tester, so we will be able to see what the cell capacity test at.

Last edited:
The cells have Arrived!
I have 8, 315Ah cells (ok lets just say claimed 315Ah cells until the testing) sitting on a work bench in the shop ready to be connected to the Zketech 40 for capacity testing.
BUT:
I am out the door, going on a work call out to a remote fly-in site for a week. No time to set up any cell testing - sorry!
The suspense continues to build! {que musical track from Hitchcock's Psycho} AHHHHH!:eek:

Okay Meh, "not great" :unsure:
They test above my 304's but not a full 315Ah - I have 8 cells and the avg tested capacity result it 311.3Ah
The cells themselves are not great looking either in my opinion, ie a few arrived scuffed up a bit, which can't be from the shipping since someone tried to patch the scuffs with blue tape. They will be ok for my back up 24volt system I expect but definitely not going to buy any more, nor recommend them. Live and learn.

Okay Meh, "not great" :unsure:
They test above my 304's but not a full 315Ah - I have 8 cells and the avg tested capacity result it 311.3Ah
The cells themselves are not great looking either in my opinion, ie a few arrived scuffed up a bit, which can't be from the shipping since someone tried to patch the scuffs with blue tape. They will be ok for my back up 24volt system I expect but definitely not going to buy any more, nor recommend them. Live and learn.
Sounds like you got Envision 305ah. Or B grade Envision 315, or even used Envision 315ah. There is a lot of disassembly still happening, and in all honesty, its maybe not such a bad thing if you get A grade with a small amount of use.

Not sure, it doesn't seem the 315's have been around very long. I had to wait to get them when I tried to order in April they were not 'stock' yet, then there was a mixup on the delivery but we got that sorted out eventually, finally got cells in October (2023).
I can say the cells have been running for a few months now, in my mobile (8s) set up. They have run heavy short-term loads like the MIG (while I fixed a gate near the road) and they have run low power long-duration loads like fans and lights in the greenhouse, they perform, and I have nothing to complain about.
Maybe I paid too much per cell? -cell prices fell while I waited five months to get these. I guess if cell prices had been rising during that time, (and since) I would feel like I got a bargin. LOL :ROFLMAO:
The final word: they work.

Back