diy solar

diy solar

Epever 2-wire plug

SomebodyInGNV

Hello. I just received a Relay Control Slave module for an Epever Triron. It did not include the green 2-wire plug that goes in the relay socket. The likelihood of the seller providing it zero. Does anyone know where I can get one?

It's the same green plug as is found on this temp sensor on Amazon. I have a temp sensor with the plug but don't want to butcher it for the plug. I also don't want to spend $10 for another one.

Amazon.com : Remote Temperature Sensor for EPever Tracer

I sent an inquiry to Epever support but haven't gotten a response, yet. I doubt they'll provide me with one.

Thanks

Is it something like this?

You have to check the 'pitch' which is the distance between the terminal centers to make sure you find one that matches yours.

I bought some 4-prong ones like this awhile ago, and measured my pitch first to get same width.

If the connectors aren't exactly the same, you can also buy the plug and PCB receptacle connector set and re-soldier new one on the PCB so they are compatible with each other (that's what I did on my 4-pin setup I needed), I couldn't find the right plug, so I just bought the set of PCB header receptacle and plug (with correct pitch), then de-soldiered old PCB header, and soldiered on the matching one.

In my case of the 4-pin ones, I bought this set which came with both receptacle and plug:

Thanks for the help. I would never have come up with something like that on my own.

Support@epsolarpv.com just provided a similar link to Aliexpress: 10PCS KF2EDG 3.81 2P/3P/4P/5P/6P/8P Pluggable Terminal Block Connector 3.81mm Pitch|Terminals| - AliExpress. Since they provided the link, the pitch must be right. I ordered them for a total of $2.95 but it reports a delivery time of 30-50 days. In the meantime, the vendor of the RCS module refunded $1 for not having included the connector.

Fortuitously, I found that the temp sensor on a cable that I already have included in the box a temp sensor (looks like a little resistor) mounted directly to one of the plugs. I guess it's intended for measuring the environmental temp of the SCC rather than being directly on the battery by way of a cable. Since I plan to use the sensor on the cable, I can remove the one from the other plug and use it for my inverter relay connection. When the items I ordered above come in, I'll reassemble the small temp sensor. I don't think I'll ever have a use for it but I won't throw it away.

Thanks for the help. I would never have come up with something like that on my own.

Support@epsolarpv.com just provided a similar link to Aliexpress: 10PCS KF2EDG 3.81 2P/3P/4P/5P/6P/8P Pluggable Terminal Block Connector 3.81mm Pitch|Terminals| - AliExpress. Since they provided the link, the pitch must be right. I ordered them for a total of $2.95 but it reports a delivery time of 30-50 days. In the meantime, the vendor of the RCS module refunded $1 for not having included the connector.

Fortuitously, I found that the temp sensor on a cable that I already have included in the box a temp sensor (looks like a little resistor) mounted directly to one of the plugs. I guess it's intended for measuring the environmental temp of the SCC rather than being directly on the battery by way of a cable. Since I plan to use the sensor on the cable, I can remove the one from the other plug and use it for my inverter relay connection. When the items I ordered above come in, I'll reassemble the small temp sensor. I don't think I'll ever have a use for it but I won't throw it away.
that's pretty much all the small connector with the temp sensor does tbh
I changed mine so the wire could go nearer my battery bank (disconnected the orignal temp sensor and soldered it to a length of wire and attached that to the green connector

Back