diy solar

diy solar

Epever 4210A - trouble changing paramaters to go fro 12v to 24v system

bluefin

My old Inverter/charger gave out so replaced with a 24v outback. I reconfigured my 4 6V Surrettes ftom a 12v to 24v system and new Inverter/charger works fine. I then disconnected my solar panels and connected my MPPT controller to the new battery configuration. It reads that voltage is now 25.8 but obviously has alarms on it as it is configured for a 12v system.

However, i am struggling to change paramaters to 24V settings. No matter what I do I get "para error" and wont allow me to increase all the various voltage settings ( manual says to double the 12v ones ).
I have tried changing from "flooded" to "user" and it still wont allow me to change the 12 battery settings ?? what am i missing ?

thx

Is there a way to reset to factory settings?
Is there a auto detect for voltage?

If you can do either of these, then completely unpower your SCC and then reconnect battery.

Or, connect to a 12V battery and see if you can change to 24V. Then disconnect and reconnect to 24V.

My old Inverter/charger gave out so replaced with a 24v outback. I reconfigured my 4 6V Surrettes ftom a 12v to 24v system and new Inverter/charger works fine. I then disconnected my solar panels and connected my MPPT controller to the new battery configuration. It reads that voltage is now 25.8 but obviously has alarms on it as it is configured for a 12v system.

However, i am struggling to change paramaters to 24V settings. No matter what I do I get "para error" and wont allow me to increase all the various voltage settings ( manual says to double the 12v ones ).
I have tried changing from "flooded" to "user" and it still wont allow me to change the 12 battery settings ?? what am i missing ?

thx
Are you connected using a PC and cable or do you use one of the little LCD MT50 devices?

thx
I had the same problem when I switched to 24v, it took me a while to figure it out. If you have a MT50, you have to switch the voltage from auto to 24v. If no MT50 then I don't know. I'm 300km from my system right now.

Back