diy solar

diy solar

Epever 4210AN "drop outs"

I would like to know that story. Just got a 4210AN and I can’t make the software work. I want to know stuff.

Like my P30L pwm was doing 11-12A + when I disconnected it and 5 minutes later I’m at .5 with the default of the 4210, no apparent change in conditions.

Without the logged info I can’t judge if there actually is a problem and if so what it might be!

So how did you figure it out? The “software” I mean.

The monitoring software was/is a pain to install. The issue I had was getting my pc to use the USB connection drivers and using the proper com port. I was using a Toshiba netbook running 32 bit Windows 7 and installed the driver several times with no success, or so I thought. I finally went into device manager, selected the com device representing the Epever USB connection and updated the driver selecting the file folder that contained it. I then loaded the software, opened it, opened "Port Config" and selected the displayed com port. Then created my "station" under "Station explorer" using the configured com port and it worked and is still working great. I also installed the software on a Windows 10 64bit desktop with no problems but that could be because I had an idea of what I was doing after yelling at the netbook. I use the netbook with the software for readings, for me, It's easier to read/understand the information. I've also installed the JBDTools V1.8 software to monitor my Overkill Solar BMS's in my battery builds. Each battery was assigned it's own com port so on the little Toshiba netbook I can run four windows for batteries and the Epever software at the same time all because I was able to assign them there own com ports. Hope this helps but your experience may be different due to Windows version.

Attachments

• Settings.jpg
    Settings.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 9
Thank you for your helpful response.
I think I’m seeing the pattern! Windows itself (when I went into the devices exploring) indicated the com port was not working properly.
I was able to solve ‘my’ issue with changing baud on the com port on my cheapo win10S laptop from 9600 to 115200. I caught that after reviewing several details folks were kind enough to post here: https://diysolarforum.com/posts/249061/

I have a 4210AN (750w array) in parallel with a 2210AN (300w array).

Current will stop when it's not needed.

I set one controller to run the normal charge cycle and the other to boost for 10mins (minimum allowable) and then float. The voltage is steady all day and the current only ever increases as the load increases.

I have a 4210AN (750w array) in parallel with a 2210AN (300w array).

Current will stop when it's not needed.

I set one controller to run the normal charge cycle and the other to boost for 10mins (minimum allowable) and then float. The voltage is steady all day and the current only ever increases as the load increases.

Do you have the controllers in parallel using a bus bar?

Back