diy solar

diy solar

Epever 4210an stays in night mode despite PV delivering 38V??

Lady Rover

We have 3x Trina Solar 400W Vertex panels. Each has its own dedicated Epever 4210an Mppt 40A charge controller.

All controllers are wired to the Lifepo4 battery and the displays work.

Two of them charge properly and show the solar panel module in the display.

The third one does display night mode and no input voltage from the PV.
We did measure the panel wiring directly before it goes into the Epever, it shows 38v (+- are correct too!).

We cover the panel up to stop voltage. Than we connect the wires on the Epever and remove the panel cover.
The panel is definetly producing power, but the cable which we checked above shows 0V over the terminals at the Epever input.

Fuses in the Epever are OK.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

did you ever resolve this? I have had the same problem with a new one
thanks Steve

I have the same problem. I just installed new panels and the MPPT just displays that it is in night mode. I am guessing it is not getting any voltage from the panels, but I have checked them and everything seems to be plugged in correctly.

I think one possibility is that you connected the solar input before the battery. Try disconnecting both a wire from the solar panel, and also a wire from the battery, and leave the controller off for a few minutes. After resting stone-cold for several minutes, reconnect the battery cable ONLY. Allow the unit to fully boot up on battery power, and only then reconnect the panel wire. Letting the controller reset may fix your problem. If it does not, I suspect your controller is faulty.

Back