diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER Aggervation AN6415

Dacflyer

I'm trying to use this SCC in USER mode, I have tried everything i can, but i cannot get any of the parameters to change.
I changed the setting from Automatic to 48v,
I can change the numbers, but every time i wanna save it says "PARA ERROR" No matter which parameter i goto i cannot change it.
the default settings are as if they are in 12v settings, even tho i selected 48V and i get success message.
I can click on a default setting and it'll also say PARA ERROR... what do i gotta do to get these changes to take ?
This SCC is starting to be more aggravating than i planned for...
I'm sure I am not the only one to have this issue. but i cannot find anywhere on here or the net a resolve.
And i have tried every parameter page that there is..
I know i am some dumb, but i'm not plumb dumb... HALP !

Parameter error; USER mode meaning battery type?

Do your parameter settings:

The following rules must be observed when modify the parameters value in user battery type (factory default value is the same as sealed type)
a. High Volt Disconnect > Charging Limit Voltage ≥ Equalization Voltage ≥ Boost Voltage ≥ Float Voltage > Boost Return Voltage;
b. High Volt Disconnect > Over Voltage Reconnect;
c. Low Voltage Reconnect > Low Voltage Disconnect ≥ Charging Limit Voltage;
d. Under Voltage Recover > Under Voltage Warning ≥ Charging Limit Voltage;
e. Boost Return Voltage > Low Voltage Reconnect;

Parameter error; USER mode meaning battery type?

Do your parameter settings:

The following rules must be observed when modify the parameters value in user battery type (factory default value is the same as sealed type)
a. High Volt Disconnect > Charging Limit Voltage ≥ Equalization Voltage ≥ Boost Voltage ≥ Float Voltage > Boost Return Voltage;
b. High Volt Disconnect > Over Voltage Reconnect;
c. Low Voltage Reconnect > Low Voltage Disconnect ≥ Charging Limit Voltage;
d. Under Voltage Recover > Under Voltage Warning ≥ Charging Limit Voltage;
e. Boost Return Voltage > Low Voltage Reconnect;
I have tried that, no matter which page i try to set, i get the error..
The manual is not friendly to use either.
The manual should state to work in a certain method,,,but the pages on the controller don't work in the order as you should set things.
I have tried to set the HV dis 1st,,didn't work,, have tried to set lowest voltages 1st, that did not work either..
I'm starting to think you cannot set the unit with the MT50.. I'm thinking you must use the PC software...
No one seems to know for sure.
I'm trying to set up for 48V system, but all default values show for 12v system even if i set the unit from auto to 48V, 12 defaults still show...

Ok, So apparently you cannot program the controller with the MT50, I did have success with the PC program, altho i had a time to link it all up.
Had to scour for info to be able to get communication..
once i got things going, i was able to set parameters. I got a few small errors, but carefully reading the error messages, i got things in order. and I think i am set now.. i got the SCC powered up for a few min just before dark, just long enough to see that things are working ok.
Now Next challenge is to get the BMS's Setup.. I'll Probably be asking for help on this as well... Stay Tuned..

ok,, i have my parameters set in the controller,
i learned that you must use the laptop to set the darm thing..
i got it set up, but I'm not getting power in like I'm supposed to
i have 2,655 watts of solar.
3x 855W..but the controller is only showing 3.6 @ 101vdc
i should be getting nearly 1kw of incoming power..
my batteries are down to 75% and not getting a charge. .
i can't see what's wrong..

Attachments

• 20210918_144352.jpg
    20210918_144352.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 6
  • 20210918_144445.jpg
    20210918_144445.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
my batteries are down to 75%???
the photo in post #5 shows battery state of charge at 98%
Solar input power at 45.16 watts = .44 amps X 102.37 volts

This seems fine, solar providing small charge (0.83 amps) but battery at 55.08 volts which is between your min and max settings (54.22 to 56.97).

ok,, i have my parameters set in the controller,
i learned that you must use the laptop to set the darm thing..
i got it set up, but I'm not getting power in like I'm supposed to
i have 2,655 watts of solar.
3x 855W..but the controller is only showing 3.6 @ 101vdc
i should be getting nearly 1kw of incoming power..
my batteries are down to 75% and not getting a charge. .
i can't see what's wrong..
I have used the PC interface to set up 4 of the Tracer units. Once you get it connected and talking, it is pretty good to manage the settings.

Even when the battery needs a charge and even when you have good sun, you may never see more than something beyond the 2000-2200 watt range, except in some very specific conditions.

my batteries are down to 75%???
the photo in post #5 shows battery state of charge at 98%
Solar input power at 45.16 watts = .44 amps X 102.37 volts

This seems fine, solar providing small charge (0.83 amps) but battery at 55.08 volts which is between your min and max settings (54.22 to 56.97).
the photos i showed, are different than what my BMS's are showing.. ( this i do not understand yet either )

I have used the PC interface to set up 4 of the Tracer units. Once you get it connected and talking, it is pretty good to manage the settings.

Even when the battery needs a charge and even when you have good sun, you may never see more than something beyond the 2000-2200 watt range, except in some very specific conditions.
I should be getting something more than a few watts right now,,,that's whats not making sense to me.

I think i may see what my issue is,,
The SCC I think is dropping off before the batteries are fully charged..
the SOC on the SCC is showing almost full, but the batteries are way lower, Less than 50%.
But right now, the SCC is pushing out over 30A So that's good.
I just need to figure out which setting is throwing things off for me..
Something simple for sure...
Once i get this all figured out, I'll probably do some sort of tutorial on what i learned and dedicated to 48V systems.
And i'll thank everyone for their help..

I am having the same problem but with an Epever XTR 4215N. I have a shunt inline which was calibrated when doing full discharge and full charge battery testing. The shunt is telling me that the batteries are 85% charged but the Epever 4215N is saying 97% charged. This morning it started out at 89% on the 4215N and my solar voltage was at 78 volts putting out about 300 watts (today is hazy/cloudy and I have 4 each 200 watt panels connected in series on a 24 volt battery system - LiFePO4 280 Ah cells)). However, as the SOC approaches 96% or so the solar voltage gradually drops to around 28.9 volts and only about 50 watts. So I am wondering how the SCC calculates SOC. I just now wrote an email to Epever support but haven't sent it yet as they are on holiday.

Just for review, assuming you,
1. are charging to 58v
2. you have a 60 amp charger with lots of PV power available to it
3. your battery is largely discharged
4. your battery is larger than (random guess) 100 ahr

You should expect that as charging starts, you should see about 60 amps. As the state of charge gets high enough, 60 amps will push the voltage at the battery terminal higher than 58v (because there is some voltage across the internal resistance of the battery) and the current start ramping down in order to not go over 58v. While it does depend on several factors, the current will always ramp down as the state of charge ramps up near the end of the charge cycle.

A test that you can do is when you see this and you think something might be "wrong", add a load to the battery. If you start drawing 20amps out of the battery when the charger is putting 15 amps into the battery already, you should expect the charger to go up to 20+15 amps if there is solar power available to do that. When want to test my charger current, I do with the battery below 70% charge and a load on the battery that is similar to what power I expect to see coming from the charger. That is about the only time you can really expect the amps to max out on the charger.

Back