diy solar

diy solar

EPever all in one

All in one, under 25dB..
1600 watt.

Price.... under £275
And 10 year warranty.

(UK sales office and looks like they have stock)

I think 1600 watt should be sufficient for most RV appliances.

Silent, totally silent.

Last edited:
It looks like they are mmpt inverters that feeds directly into the grid,
So they don't have a battery charger in it, and they are not ment to supply power to your sockets.. and they won't charge the batteries when plugged in the grid..

Looks like you are right, I didn't look careful enough selecting one of their models.

"sofar" does have the correct inverter / mppt.

My internet is extremely slow.
Loading their page takes 3 or 4 minutes.
I was happy to find this one :),

Please search a bit more on their site, as I know they have what you are looking for.

Perhaps tomorrow our atmosphere is better for data, and I can search.

I had a look, and from that brand anything that goes closer to EPEVER cost upward of 900£ :/

:-(
Sorry to read this.

It's "the" solution you are looking for, silent enough to sleep with.
But higher pricetag.

Alternative is to change the fans.
That can be less invasive as I did.
Or 2 separate units, where many inverter can be loud also*.
(Passive models more expensive)
(Or change fans)
Cheap are earplugs, cheaper is outside the RV or accept the noise.

Trouble with inverter is its own power consumption.
2-5%, always.
Less load, more silent.
3000 watt unit uses 100 watt always, if you use 800, you consume 900.
1000 watt unit would be loud at 800 watt, you consume 830watt

@1000 watt, it's small difference.
Many people buy for their peak and add 25%.(I did at start)
Don't be surprised if the 6000w inveter consume 300watt always.
That will have huge impact on the batteries.

Sadly, always a trade-off.
Do you want
- efficiënt
- quality
- Silent
- Cheap
Choose two. :)

Trouble with inverter is its own power consumption.
2-5%, always.
Less load, more silent.
3000 watt unit uses 100 watt always, if you use 800, you consume 900.
1000 watt unit would be loud at 800 watt, you consume 830watt
THis is something important to know. I had watched many videos, read lots, had inverters in the past etc. but when I got my 6kw inverter I had never read thatyou could expect for the inverter to ALWAYS consume 2-5% of it's MAX rating even when it's not working so hard.
I would have gotten an inverter half the size. Now it's like I have an extra refrigerator on ALL THE TIME even if all I'm powering is my actual refrigerator. I had just assumed 15% loss to inverter inefficiency not what is sometimes 100% (double) loss due to buying an inverter bigger than I needed.

Epever UP3000 HM10022

New to the site and I was going to start a separate post but i have done some research and i believe this Epever UP3000 HM10022 is a good option to buy and compliment a 280ah lipo4 battery pack , this is the product for lipo4 charging , it is also an all in one unit , whilst i probably wont use the Solar charging i intend to do it outside the Inverter and use a Electrodacus BMS and Solar charging system for that

questions i have are

Has anyone

: Had experience with this inverter
: disconnected the inverter from the Electrodacus BMS and Solar
: recommend anything else or have i missed something in considering this solution , battery voltage intended is 24V 8S ah utilising DSSR 20s for the Solar panels
: I believe this will be a very cost effective solution as the inverter /charger is about $825 USD delivered

DSSR 20s ??
Google didn't help me there.
What are they??

Electrodacus, most users are happy for long time.

If I understand you correctly, you aren't going to use the build in MPPT, but external solar?
And not build in charger but external charger?

That doesn't make sense.
Then it's just an inverter with options you choose not to use.
24v, 3000 watt, there are cheaper options out there, with higher quality.

If you are using the charge capacity of the hybrid, and use the system for emergency power, sure, no problem.

Inverters and BMS have nothing to do with eachother.
They aren't connected that a disconnect would do something.

BMS does control the electricity from / to the charger / inverter, stopping charge if one cell goes beyond threshold (usually 3.60-3.75v) and for discharge beyond 2.5-2.0v)

DSSR 20s ??
Google didn't help me there.
What are they??

Electrodacus, most users are happy for long time.

If I understand you correctly, you aren't going to use the build in MPPT, but external solar?
And not build in charger but external charger?

That doesn't make sense.
Then it's just an inverter with options you choose not to use.
24v, 3000 watt, there are cheaper options out there, with higher quality.

If you are using the charge capacity of the hybrid, and use the system for emergency power, sure, no problem.

Inverters and BMS have nothing to do with eachother.
They aren't connected that a disconnect would do something.

BMS does control the electricity from / to the charger / inverter, stopping charge if one cell goes beyond threshold (usually 3.60-3.75v) and for discharge beyond 2.5-2.0v)
DSSR20s are Electrodacus modules used with the SBMSO BMS,

In regard to the solar charger yes , it gives me the chance to understand balancing and managing cells for my own information & learning , in regard to the BMS controlling the inverter yes, thats my understanding that the BMS will turn off the inverter in case of low temperature and low voltage

Ah,
Ok.

Electrodacus uses Contactors, or better close a circuit or open it.

This can be 12v (voltage of contactor, not the system) circuit that is closed or open, with result that the contactor will close (or open) the high ampere line.

You don't need to use a Contactor, the power on/off switch works the same, it is closing a circuit.

You can use the 2 wires from the power switch and hook them up to the electrodacus relay.

The word relay (+/-5A) is usually used in low current setup, contactor in high (+50A)

Relays can be normally open or normally closed type.

That is, if the electrodacus has no power, the normally open results in open circuit, not closed.
The (continuous) signal from the electrodacus makes it closed

With normally closed its the otherway around.
Usually not used in BMS, as you want something to stop if controll is lost. (No power)

Long way of saying, yes you can, but you bypass the on/off switch of the inverter.

Compare it to light switch, it does not have power, but close the circuit to give the light the closed loop it needs.

Epever UP3000 HM10022

New to the site and I was going to start a separate post but i have done some research and i believe this Epever UP3000 HM10022 is a good option to buy and compliment a 280ah lipo4 battery pack , this is the product for lipo4 charging , it is also an all in one unit , whilst i probably wont use the Solar charging i intend to do it outside the Inverter and use a Electrodacus BMS and Solar charging system for that

questions i have are

Has anyone

: Had experience with this inverter
: disconnected the inverter from the Electrodacus BMS and Solar
: recommend anything else or have i missed something in considering this solution , battery voltage intended is 24V 8S ah utilising DSSR 20s for the Solar panels
: I believe this will be a very cost effective solution as the inverter /charger is about $825 USD delivered
Hi, did you ever buy one? If so, hows it performing?

Dobrý deň, chcela by som sa opýtať. Máme pripojený solárny systém s meničom Epever UP3000-M6322. Batérie síce nenabije na 100%, no na konci dňa majú cca 47%. Každý deň, keď zapadne slnko, je zapnuté nabíjanie zo siete a ventilátor beží celú noc a nevyužíva batérie. Ďakujem za každú radu.

Dobrý deň, chcela by som sa opýtať. Máme pripojený solárny systém s meničom Epever UP3000-M6322. Batérie síce nenabije na 100%, no na konci dňa majú cca 47%. Každý deň, keď zapadne slnko, je zapnuté nabíjanie zo siete a ventilátor beží celú noc a nevyužíva batérie. Ďakujem za každú radu.
Google translate from Slovak:

Hello, I would like to ask a question. We have a connected solar system with an Epever UP3000-M6322 inverter. Although it does not charge the batteries to 100%, at the end of the day they have about 47%. Every day when the sun goes down, mains charging is on and the fan runs all night without using batteries. Thanks for any advice

I would suggest to first make an installation without mains.
Just the inverter, solar panels and battery.

Just to confirm everything is working as it should.

Yes, the fans are spinning 24/7.
Nothing to worry about, 12v fans, on max speed 7 watt each.
Say 15 watt, thats for a 12 hours night 180 watts (if they would be running at full speed)
What will drain more, is the inverter "standby" or "own power consumption" roughly 50w for the 3200 watt model.
In 12 hours 600 watt drain from the battery. (0.6 kWh) (this includes fan power consumption)

I don't know how many kWh battery you have, nor what type (LifePo4, lead acid)

With the wrong settings or (old)lead acid, dropping to 50% is not "strange".

Besides this, the voltage measured at the battery is usually not the same as the inverter sees.
You need to compensate this offset.

Also... During charge or discharge the voltage will be seen higher or lower then it actually is.

LifePo4 is famous for its inaccurate state of charge.
We know at 2.5v the cell is seen as "empty". While it is safe to go to 2.0v, the capacity between 2.0 and 2.5v is not a lot.
For safety reasons we use 2.5 as "bottom" voltage and seen as empty.

We know at 3.64 the cell is seen as "Fully charged". While its safe to go a bit higher, capacity won't really increase.
For safety reasons we use 3.65 as full.

Every voltage between 2.8 and 3.4v is "estimation" of the capacity, and depending on what happened to the cell in the last 6-8 hours.
At 3.4 the cell can have been charged 100% and rest for 6 hours.
Also can be 90 or 80%...
At 2.8.. between 20 and 40%..

To "know" then state of charge, many cycles are needed and a smart meter and an accurate shunt, calculating the estimated SOC.

Voltages are a really rough estimate.
Easy 20 to 30% wrong

47%...

I'm curious how you got to this number.
Probably 40-60% is more realistic.

Not sure what question you are asking? Is it about the fans running all night? Or about the state of charge at the end of the day? Can you be more specific? Google translate didnt work for me so using the translation from frank above

47% shows the display just before sunset. After sunset, the inverter switches over and starts supplying power from the electrical ntwork. and doesn't use batteries. Why? I think than the batteries should by charged during the day and used at night but it isn't. Our technician is an incompetent idiot. I want to set it to use battery at night and not use power from the electrical network. The fan is too noisy. Thak

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230307-214920_EPEVER Pair.jpg
    Screenshot_20230307-214920_EPEVER Pair.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_20230322-085856_EPEVER Pair.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322-085856_EPEVER Pair.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 5
47% shows the display just before sunset. After sunset, the inverter switches over and starts supplying power from the electrical ntwork. and doesn't use batteries. Why? I think than the batteries should by charged during the day and used at night but it isn't. Our technician is an incompetent idiot. I want to set it to use battery at night and not use power from the electrical network. The fan is too noisy. Thak
Yes, the fans are loud.
They are high quality fans, but loud.
You can replace them like I did.

I made ducts and used 120mm "silent wings 3" high speed fans,
Less power usage, 30 years lifetime at full speed and almost silent.

What ever you do with the fans, replace them will void warranty.

Why silent wings 3? (Now new version nr 4) Static pressure.
The air flow inside the inverter is highly restricted so a standard fan won't provide enough cooling.

Why it doesn't work the way you like?
I don't know.

Trouble shooting 101:
- Minimize complexity.
- measure and double check.

Do your Solar panels work?
Does the battery charging work
What is the state / quality of the battery?

And what are the settings?

So first simplify.
No AC in
No AC out

Just solar and battery
When this works, add AC out.

Last step, use AC from the grid.

Do not trust any information from the inverter.

Only trust a quality multimeter.

As i explained the "47%" is anything between 35 and 60% State of charge

I have the Hi up3000 hm10022 version, so different from yours, but does yours have 'inverter priority', 'solar priority', 'grid priority' -? As this may explaing why it switches to grid charging once the sun goes down. Also, the 'AON' and 'AOFF' settings determine when grid power should charge the batteries.
If you cant sort it, use a contactor to switch on grid supply to the inverter via a smart plug, then you can shedule charging. This is what i have done. (set aon and aoff so it charges all the time, when the contactor switches the supply on..)

I'm aware yours is slightly different.

It doesn't change the basic troubleshooting steps, not why most hybrids use loud 80mm fans (they provide high Static pressure)

If you like to know the how what why, you need to eliminate any "extra".

Basic functionally is het power from solar panel and store or convert this energy.

As you don't start with a fully charged battery, that's step one.

Just solar and battery.
When that works OK, , convert to AC.
When that works OK, start with charging / providing energy via grid.

After all this works OK, start playing with scheduling.

Of you like to do all at once, up to you.
Just don't ask the question "why".

As trouble shooting, working step by step slowly increasing complexity will reveal where things go "strange".
Without those steps you won't be able to answer the "Why".

It already started with the battery and the charge settings.
Is it lead acid?
Is it lithium?

If it is lithium, is it S15 or S16 as standard charge cycle setting?

Way too little information to provide any answers.

I understand you like a "quick fix"
And you might get a lucky hit via trial and error. Then it might work.

You still won't get the answer to the why.

Silent wings 3 120 PWM high speed is $25-30 for 1 fan.
You need minimal 2.

I used 4 in push pull configuration, one set powered by the hybrid inverter, one set via external power source.

I've lost a few inverters due bad thermal management, so I don't take any risks.
The fans will last decades longer then the inverters...

But its an additional investment.
Now you can relax on a few meters distance, with the inverter and solar working at peak performance :)

Before? Need ear protection...
(No joke)

I have the Hi up3000 hm10022 version, so different from yours, but does yours have 'inverter priority', 'solar priority', 'grid priority' -? As this may explaing why it switches to grid charging once the sun goes down. Also, the 'AON' and 'AOFF' settings determine when grid power should charge the batteries.
If you cant sort it, use a contactor to switch on grid supply to the inverter via a smart plug, then you can shedule charging. This is what i have done. (set aon and aoff so it charges all the time, when the contactor switches the supply on..)
This is our setup in foto. We had smart plug too, but sometimes was problem with battery capacity. The refrigerator didn't turn on due to limited battery capacity.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230322-105650_EPEVER Pair.jpg
    Screenshot_20230322-105650_EPEVER Pair.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 4
Toto je naše nastavenie na fotografii. Mali sme aj inteligentnú zástrčku, ale niekedy bol problém s kapacitou batérie. Chladnička sa nezapla z dôvodu obmedzenej kapacity batérie.
ja don't understand why the solar doesn't supply more energy to the batteries so they have more %.

Back