diy solar

diy solar

Epever controller settings for lithium.

Colormannz

Change fro Gel to Sunnytech 200amp lithium ion battery which think is only sold in New Zealand, but has a JBD-SP04S028A-L4S-150A-B-U BMS.

Using a Epever Tracer3210AN which they say to stick with the Sealed settings. It does have user settings but suppliers recommendations are quite different to these.

Anyone got any user settings that have worked well.

Also although new to lithium, can contoller setting just be based on BMS settings?

You should set controller charging voltages low enough that the BMS doesn't trip. For example, the BMS is likely set at the cell level for 3.60-3.65v to stop charging. On a 12v battery, if you set charging to 14.8v, the BMS will trip on one cell before you reach 14.8v. If you set to charge to 14.4v, the BMS will still likely trip on one cell unless the cells stay in perfect balance, which should not be expected. 14.0v would be a better target or maybe 13.8v would be fine too. Also, turn off the charger and let the battery settle after charging. See where the battery settles to. You might want to set your "re-enter boost" to just below the settle voltage so it doesn't reboost every day if there is no drain. This of course very dependent on your battery usage. if used daily, boost daily would be expected. If only for emergency standby, no reason to boost it every day.

suppliers recommendations are quite different to these.

Anyone got any user settings that have worked well.

I would set the USER profile to the suppliers exact recommendations.

As for me, I charge my LFP to 13.8v and float at 13.4v.

I would set the USER profile to the suppliers exact recommendations.

As for me, I charge my LFP to 13.8v and float at 13.4v.
Obviously rebranded in NZ and local supplier has limited info. Here is battery, quite different with centre front terminals, small lcd display and handles. Top cover is allan screws all round althogh haven't opened it.
Screenshot_20220910_130247.jpg
Any other brands like this?

Back