diy solar

diy solar

Epever keeps cutting out when it gets near voltage disconnect level…

Were your units EP Solar or EP Ever, I dont know what happened there but the design appears to be the same with the same remote display. Company reorigination?
AN40 Epever I bought and installed in March this year. Could’ve been April.
AN40 is back in the box with a 1-1/2-year-old never before installed AN50 Epever in its place (that I only needed for the 150V headroom to accommodate going from 3S2P to 4S2P).

Both have been great for me. (Anecdotally I liked the AN40 better.) I’m also 12V storage and lead acid. Maybe the 24V had issues? Maybe they’ve changed some hardware or software? I don’t know. Other than the high-end equipment people the local folks I know with the epever controllers have no complaints. (The people with the $2K or $6K controller systems always eloquently describe their equipment as superior. While they’re right, they usually lack the recognition that some more economical equipment can be a good value. It has been for me; it enabled me to have a comfortable situation and not look and smell like a fringe hippie while it let me save thousands of dollars not renting a place to live. And by save I mean actual money in the bank.)
there where no parts , and no one knew any thing about it .They just wanted to send me a new one for full price .
I was 15 days out of warranty
I can confirm there is no way to get parts. May not even be parts even if you are ok paying for them.

If you could get oem parts these things would be the VW Beetle of charge controllers: inexpensive and serviceable. A more tinkery electronics guy with a soldering iron can probably fix them with generic pre-value-added supply chain parts but guys like me that could handle the work fine don’t always know what to order- or where.

Performance-wise I can only assume they corrected a ‘bug’ and incorporated that in the running assembly line? I have read that 2(?) years back Epever did make some changes across the line. Dunno.

Imagine how good Epever could be if they stepped it up a bit.

996BAB7E-4066-4082-AAEC-3D56050FA351.jpegI would imagine they would be as good as a out back fm80 or mid nite Classic but would cost the same .
I payed 200$ pluse for my 40 amp unit

UPDATE

My Epever continued to cut out when current was higher than about 13amps for longer than about 5 seconds...

Bought a Victron 100V/50Amp MPPT controller and it works as it should with my lithium battery pack.
I moved my Epever to my moho lead acid battery and it works fine just topping it up and my other Epever works fine topping up my Diesel Heater lithium battery pack as that never falls low at all... That is a 3S config...

Wish I had known sooner it was the Epever as I've wasted so much time trying to find out what the issue was!

I also bought a Victron shunt which is fantastic for monitoring everything going in and coming out of my battery...

Victron all the way now for me. The extra cost is worth it... :)

Back