diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER Low Temperature Protection

bri2k

Does anyone have experience with the Epever SCC low temperature protection for lithium batteries? It's not really advertised anywhere that I've seen but if you read the manual for at least the Triron and Tracer AN, it seems to be a feature. See page 37.

" When the temperature detected by the optional temperature sensor is lower than the Low Temperature Protection Threshold(LTPT), the controller will stop charging and discharging automatically. When the detected temperature is higher than the LTPT, the controller will be working automatically (The LTPT is 0 °C by default and can be set within the range of 10 ~ -40 °C) "

If it actually works, wouldn't that alleviate the need for a low temp cut off handled by the bms, assuming solar was the only charging source?

It would as far as I know
You can't set it from control itself though
I think it has to be set through themt50 or the software with the rs485 port on the controller

Does the Tracer SCC in Lithium Mode cutoff charging separately (at different temps) from discharging? I see they have 2 different cutoff setpoints in the Device Parameters menu.

I've only tested the charging cutoff personally (as described in the other thread), but my impression is similar to yours that the other temperature set-point can be used to stop discharging. Obviously make sure to test (perhaps with some dry ice) before relying on the feature though... ?

Back