diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER MPPT not working right, HELP!

AlanGriff

Ok, been doing this for a short while and all was good. Now the PV is out on MPPT, but solar panels are good, have 20v with 0a. Why?

Did a reset with breaker, then with battery. Both restarted MPPT, it started working right but PV light went out and no Amps!

Is this new MPPT bad? I did a factory reset and still not working normally.

HELP

Attachments

• 2AC73832-E4E9-4C31-8F58-4C66846FCA90.jpeg
    2AC73832-E4E9-4C31-8F58-4C66846FCA90.jpeg
    50.3 KB · Views: 110
  • 3A13C96F-B626-4FE4-9795-EDF8679CB44F.jpeg
    3A13C96F-B626-4FE4-9795-EDF8679CB44F.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 107
  • 1210E947-3E61-4B77-8FF2-A3F8BB014D20.jpeg
    1210E947-3E61-4B77-8FF2-A3F8BB014D20.jpeg
    50 KB · Views: 117
If there is no load there will be no current. Is your battery fully charged?

Ok, been doing this for a short while and all was good. Now the PV is out on MPPT, but solar panels are good, have 20v with 0a. Why?

Did a reset with breaker, then with battery. Both restarted MPPT, it started working right but PV light went out and no Amps!

Is this new MPPT bad? I did a factory reset and still not working normally.

HELP

Your output is switched off, hence 0v and 0A

Press the 'ok' button on the right and the light bulb symbol will show as filled and the output switched on.

Batteries are charging fine at 21.4A

Hope that helps.

No, battery 100ah is not fully charged and when I do a reset on the MPPT, it comes on for 2 minutes and shuts down.

Your output is switched off, hence 0v and 0A

Press the 'ok' button on the right and the light bulb symbol will show as filled and the output switched on.

Batteries are charging fine at 21.4A

Hope that helps.
There is no output switch. It shows 20v at 0a on the PV, that’s very strange.

Update:

I did a reset again (about 7th time)...
Now, MPPT seems to be normal for the past 10 minutes... it charges up my battery and now on a float charge at 0.7amps, looks normal.

so what happened? When I’m gone and if this happens again, my battery will not be charged and get depleted.
I’m a bit concerned....!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 51
If there is no load there will be no current. Is your battery fully charged?
Even if the battery was fully charged, the PV light should be on all the time, & a float charge of maybe 0.5amps should be flowing.

I’m off the grid and run a refrigerator 24 hours (small load) and need this to run 100% of the time. PV light is flashing or On, never off as that indicates a “problem”,
but don’t know what it is right now!

Last edited:
How many panels do you have? If more than one maybe try them in series.

How many panels do you have? If more than one maybe try them in series.
I have 4 panels as I plan on getting another battery soon, but MPPT is working now and hope it stays that way.

Don’t know what the glitch was? But thankful for the problem to be gone and working right now.

Was the unit set to the right battery size and type? I'm seeing the same thing but have no m-50, and been waiting for a cable to set up from lap top.
Thought the tracer was not amping to not over charge for size.

Was the unit set to the right battery size and type? I'm seeing the same thing but have no m-50, and been waiting for a cable to set up from lap top.
Thought the tracer was not amping to not over charge for size.

sorry for the duplicate
I have set the battery as USER and changed only the Low Voltage to 11.6 as I have a Tess Electric Lifepo4 100ah.
It’s still working fine after about 7 restarts!!

I’ve been using this new upgrade for a couple of months now and still watching it a lot ...

I have set the battery as USER and changed only the Low Voltage to 11.6 as I have a Tess Electric Lifepo4 100ah.
It’s still working fine after about 7 restarts!!

I’ve been using this new upgrade for a couple of months now and still watching it a lot ...
Oh, btw, I don’t have my computer hooked up neither... don’t know if it would make a difference?!

Oh, btw, I don’t have my computer hooked up neither... don’t know if it would make a difference?!
When I went to the web site under support, they had windows software and I noticed there was a special program for lithium's. Don't know if it adds, or if it just changes charge parameters in user. Bought mine bare bones with no cables etc., bought a wifi unit, it is not for a computer. The android tab I set up too keeps saying its 12 volt.

So your MPPT is still not working?! Ouch.
All I can say is do what I did...
1) Trip circuit breaker between battery and MPPT and reset , then check if PV is working
2) disconnect battery and reconnect, then check if working
3) do a factory reset and change parameters if needed, then check if working
4) I checked my connections to my solar panels and they seemed fine, just moved them to make sure connection was tight
Do these until it starts working... crazy but it did fix what it was.

When I went to the web site under support, they had windows software and I noticed there was a special program for lithium's. Don't know if it adds, or if it just changes charge parameters in user. Bought mine bare bones with no cables etc., bought a wifi unit, it is not for a computer. The android tab I set up too keeps saying its 12 volt.
Oops, meant to reply

Well seems like my EPever 4215BN is doing the SAME as yours! :cry::cry::cry:
Shows volts from solar but no amps, after re setting, it did work for about a day
Now it seems to connect to solar stay connected for about 4 seconds then disconnects itself from solar, does this over and over and i even connected it to DIFERENT Solar panel set and still the same...
Batteries are at 50%:mad: i opened it but everything seems ok and i havent looked online for any values i should measure.

Well seems like my EPever 4215BN is doing the SAME as yours! :cry::cry::cry:
Shows volts from solar but no amps, after re setting, it did work for about a day
Now it seems to connect to solar stay connected for about 4 seconds then disconnects itself from solar, does this over and over and i even connected it to DIFERENT Solar panel set and still the same...
Batteries are at 50%:mad: i opened it but everything seems ok and i havent looked online for any values i should measure.
Wow, that’s bad. You didn’t get any failure info from the program? My MT50 didn’t show any failures. Guess I’m fortunate in getting mine working somehow.
How many times have you reset the power to the controller?
How many times have you done the factory reset?
Hope you can figure it out. I’ll be contacting EPEVER tomorrow when I’m at work and see what they say why it did what it did.
Keep me, this thread, posted. We need to learn what’s going on here.

Back