diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER MPPT not working right, HELP!

Cable should be here to day, mail should be here in 3 hr, Ill let you know what I learned about this li program downloaded both, thanks for the reset info.
so, did it work? Is your system running?

I just replied to another about his problem was the same as mine. Thought it was you, my mistake. Hope you’re doing better now. My system continues to do the normal thing - work.

so, did it work? Is your system running?

I just replied to another about his problem was the same as mine. Thought it was you, my mistake. Hope you’re doing better now. My system continues to do the normal thing - work.
Sorry to say its still not up, cable came in last night, spent about 6 hrs trying to get the computer to recognize it. Waiting to hear from support. did some research and found that the earlier versions shared a common + on panel and battery, now its the - , and support had the guy rewire his cable on another forum. Waiting to see if that is my problem before I cut the new cable.

Attachments

• the guidance of modify the sequence of CC-USB-RS485-150U.pdf
    122.9 KB · Views: 32
Ive reset it about 10 times now, factory about 5,
Same result, some times it will seem to work but only for a minute or so and then it disconnects from solar.
No error codes, but it seems to me to be a software problem and not anything damaged!
Strange ive had this one for 3 years now and it breaks basically at the same time asyours. :ROFLMAO:

Ive reset it about 10 times now, factory about 5,
Same result, some times it will seem to work but only for a minute or so and then it disconnects from solar.
No error codes, but it seems to me to be a software problem and not anything damaged!
Strange ive had this one for 3 years now and it breaks basically at the same time asyours. :ROFLMAO:
Yes, very strange... and why is mine working? I glad it is, but not confident with it when I leave home!!! If it does this again, I’ll try my old PWM controller. Do you have any old controller to try? Or, can you get one and try it? Just thinking of possibilities....

Can you guys tell me how you do the factory reset?

It’s in the manual. I’m at work right now, but on the MT50, hit “esc” and “down arrow” until you get to factory reset, I believe.

I have scoured that dang manual and never found it. Maybe I'm getting old. Thanks for the tip. I'll try that.

Its in one of the settings, on these things the menu is kind of strange.

I havent heard anything from Epever, now i was looking for the cheapest Charge controller i can get, can be pwm or Mppt just to have as a spare in case of something else hapening. Something i can hook up to my extra 1000 watt solar array but i cant find anything reliable.

There are PWMs that state up to 100 amps :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: but that must be bullcrapp!

Everyone,
Got a reply from EPEVER on my situation and it’s in the attached photo as I want all to see what they said!

Attachments

• B902EC38-6347-4999-9EE3-13416C80505C.jpeg
    B902EC38-6347-4999-9EE3-13416C80505C.jpeg
    82.9 KB · Views: 186
I have a one-year-old 4215BN, it can be used for Li just fine. But you must set the battery to "User" and make sure the boost and other voltages are set properly, and below your bms trip points. What are your boost, equaliz, float and charging limit voltages? All of them need to be well below your bms trip voltage.

The PC software to download from Epever is "Solar Station Monitor V1.95" (or higher, if there is one). I don't think the lithium-named utility will work. You have to set up a com port for the software to use in Windows if you're connecting the PC (USB) cable. The software isn't great but it works. If you get it running, note that you have to hit the "Read" button to populate the fields each time you open the control parameter window. Here are my current settings for LiFePO4 batteries, which I charge to just under 28v on purpose:
1596634915905.png

Several of these settings are subjective, folks will have different opinions on them.

The bms on one of my packs trips at around 28v (presumably because one or two cells get past 3.65v), and if that happens your controller will say "what the hell just happened" and take a while to recover even after the bms reconnects. Also, if there is a sudden drop in PV, the unit will drop to zero amps for a while and then gradually will build back up again.

The "load" output being on or off has nothing to do with the battery charging, unless the load is high and the PV is inadequate to support both.

Sorry to say its still not up, cable came in last night, spent about 6 hrs trying to get the computer to recognize it. Waiting to hear from support. did some research and found that the earlier versions shared a common + on panel and battery, now its the - , and support had the guy rewire his cable on another forum. Waiting to see if that is my problem before I cut the new cable.
Update: my system is running normal. How is yours?

just got my 2nd battery, now have 200 ah and hope this will be smooth sailing from now on.
So, what do you think about the pc software for the MPPT? Is it more robust? Does it mention “Lithium” battery?

Update: my system is running normal. How is yours?

just got my 2nd battery, now have 200 ah and hope this will be smooth sailing from now on.
So, what do you think about the pc software for the MPPT? Is it more robust? Does it mention “Lithium” battery?
Some thing in the dell computer keeps changing the description of the cable to “Intel(R) Active Management Technology-SOL (Com4)". Got an invite from epever to load a program that allows them to go into the computer and modifies files. Software recognizes it, but wont communicate, and they don't believe its the cable. Haven't done anything yet, been running on a ebox wifi 01, and it seems to work great.

On another note I've been working on the panels got them all up and running. Yesterday was a 7.9kwh day of production at 1020.4 watts. Added the 3 Fridges, and went from a 11 hr battery reserve 17 hr reserve, after addition.

Following this. Seems like my MPPT from EpEver is doing the same thing. It was working fine and now it won’t even turn on. I’m getting Volts from my panels but the charger is not turning on.

Attachments

• EDF35342-00B6-4B2C-A5C9-261EE88A5DF2.jpeg
    EDF35342-00B6-4B2C-A5C9-261EE88A5DF2.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 29
  • BCC08A3A-48ED-431A-86FC-EE6826FF3FC7.jpeg
    BCC08A3A-48ED-431A-86FC-EE6826FF3FC7.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 7D275F7C-AE79-43DF-A248-78B85683EFDD.jpeg
    7D275F7C-AE79-43DF-A248-78B85683EFDD.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 26
Following this. Seems like my MPPT from EpEver is doing the same thing. It was working fine and now it won’t even turn on. I’m getting Volts from my panels but the charger is not turning on.

the first photo is what’s coming in from the solar panels. 400 Wat. The second photo is what’s coming out of the charger. 0

Attachments

• 8FBD37C8-54A2-40A4-BFCA-088D4D5C4CC9.jpeg
    8FBD37C8-54A2-40A4-BFCA-088D4D5C4CC9.jpeg
    142 KB · Views: 33
  • 6570FDD2-359B-4442-882A-F829CF07F806.jpeg
    6570FDD2-359B-4442-882A-F829CF07F806.jpeg
    136.1 KB · Views: 32
Sorry to hear that. It’s frustrating and I never figured it out. After several resets ( disconnect from battery) it finally started working. Epever never gave any good help....!

I am new to this forum, but have been subscribed to Will's You Tube page for a year or so. And...in the same boat as others in this discussion. Epever Tracer 4215BN. No green LED for PV. This is what I sent to their support. Heard back, was informed China is on a national holiday. Hope to hear by October 9. Will try all of the above, re: resests, etc.
Sent to support..."
Good day. I am getting no PV LED indicator when panels are connected to my Tracer4215BN controller. I am using two Renogy 100 watt PV panels connected in parallel and with two 125 Amp Hour AGM batteries, also in parallel. Controller battery type is set to default. The battery LED is green.
The PV LED on the controller is not illuminated. The MT50 meter indicates Battery "good" (13.4 volts), PV "night".
I checked the output from the panels at the leads before connecting to the controller. The output (on an overcast day is 19.2 volts, 2.6 amps). After connecting to the controller, I was getting no PV LED indicator light. I checked the voltage at the + and - terminals on the controller and it read 0.58 volts. The amps read 2.6 amps.
I disconnected the + lead from the controller and read the voltage between the + lead and the - terminal in the controller. It read 19.2 volts. I reconnected the + lead to the controller and disconnected the - lead. I read the voltage between then + terminal on the controller and the - lead. The voltage read 19.2. Once again, I connected both leads to the controller and read the voltage between the + and - terminals. Again, it read 0.58 volts and no green LED.

Please advise what can be done to insure I am getting full voltage from the PV panels to the controller. Or, what can be done to check what is wrong. Or, are the details described above indicating a faulty controller?"

Does any of this indicate "normal operation, or does it look like something is wrong? If and when I hear back from Epever, I will post a follow-up. Thanks.

Are your panels connected the right way around on the controller's input, ie not reverse polarity?

Back