EPEVER MPPT Solar Charge Controller 40A wattage

12VoltInstalls

Solar Addict
hose of electrons into a pail it will only flow if there is a complete circuit
True; I wasn’t trying cover my entire knowledge base, just the idea of electricity related to a supposed capacity. Water just runs over at capacity of a receptacle, electricity just… stops at capacity. Capacitors aside ;)

DerpsyDoodler

Photon Sorcerer
True; I wasn’t trying cover my entire knowledge base, just the idea of electricity related to a supposed capacity. Water just runs over at capacity of a receptacle, electricity just… stops at capacity. Capacitors aside ;)
The bold is incorrect. Electricity doesn't just stop because "capacity" is reached.

Imagine the water is contained in a sealed system. It stops when there's either an open circuit (no where to flow) or when pressure prevents it from flowing. If I'm pumping the water at 40psi, once the pressure in the pipe is the same, i can no longer push anymore water without increasing the psi. In the case of a capacitor, back pressure prevents current from flowing once it is charged to the source voltage.

12v source charges capacitor, capacitor reaches src voltage and begins pushing back with the same amount of electrical pressure. If you up the voltage, the capacitor will continue to charge until it either fails spectacularly or once again reaches the source voltage.

12VoltInstalls

Solar Addict
The bold is incorrect. Electricity doesn't just stop because "capacity" is reached.
If you read back you’ll notice I stated that what I wrote was a not very good analogy of differentiating between water that has a physical volume and electricity, but not a scientifically sound description. Just an imperfect banal ‘visual’ to contrast the difference from water.
You are taking this far too seriously. :)

DerpsyDoodler

Photon Sorcerer
If you read back you’ll notice I stated that what I wrote was a not very good analogy of differentiating between water that has a physical volume and electricity, but not a scientifically sound description. Just an imperfect banal ‘visual’ to contrast the difference from water.
You are taking this far too seriously. :)
I was trying to help you in your search for a good analogy. That's what you said you'd been looking for, right? Hope I helped. If not, feel free to ignore my post.

Tecnodave

Solar Addict
Its very hard to teach basic concepts to someone who is just getting into an area of study. I started doing radio before i was a teen, by now its been 55 years.....tinkering endlessly and following up with a career in all facets of electricity from DC to microwave. cant sum that up very easily.

@DerpsyDoodler very good analogy, heard that many years ago.....still valid