diy solar

diy solar

Epever Tracer 3210an incorrectly displaying discharged battery icon

jsinger

I've been troubleshooting my Epever tracer controller for a while and I'm learning about problems with changing configuration without buying an additional device.
I saw that there are some options for choosing the battery type. I chose the user profile just to try it out and immediately it started showing that my battery is fully discharged. It definitely is not. I did this while the PV array was disconnected. I tried disconnecting it from the battery and disconnecting from the pv array which I understood should reset it to the original settings. But still when I turn it on it's showing me that the battery is fully discharged. I also returned the battery setting to the flooded type which was correct and was working before. I'm afraid this icon is telling me something different. From monitoring the battery otherwise I don't think the battery is been affected and the PV array panels were disconnected the whole time.
Any ideas?

Disconnecting the battery will not reset the battery type or change any settings. I'm not sure why USER isn't showing the battery correctly unless the parameters in the settings are way off.

My starting point would be to disconnect the PV array, connect to the battery and change the programming back to flooded. You can practice making changes to learn the buttons. I have the MT50 and find that programming is easier with practice. What is your current battery voltage?

Back