diy solar

diy solar

Epever Tracer 4210 AN controller

ranjanty

I recently started getting a rated voltage error on the MT-50 screen. I think my 1k solar array is exceeding the 100v max voltage with the 90degree temps we been having. My question is can I hook up another 4210 AN to the existing one in parallel to make it a 80A controller? I did buy Will's e-book, but although he mentions in his video on the 24V system you can hook them up together, it's not discussed in the book. I'm not sure how to do it and don't want to experiment and fry my charge controllers. I sure would appreciate someone sharing their knowledge with a 67 yr old newbie. Thanks

Might be better to just change to one 40a 4215BN EPever MPPT rated for 150v. Unless you needed more charge amps.
BTW PV VOC does not increase at higher temps. Colder weather would increase you VOC. (y)

Might be better to just change to one 40a 4215BN EPever MPPT rated for 150v. Unless you needed more charge amps.
BTW PV VOC does not increase at higher temps. Colder weather would increase you VOC. (y)
i already have another brand new controller still in the box. I'm on a budget. Thanks for replying. I thought it might be because of temp because it was working fine for months.

Good morning
I bring you a problem with my 24v system
I have 4 epever controllers
Each one has 2 48v 300w panels.
In the morning all 44210 mppt turn on and charge the battery.
The problem is that once my batteries are full, 2 chargers disconnect and even if the battery runs out they don't restart.
The only way to do it again is that I detach the panels and then reattach them.
At that point the charge of the two who got stuck resumes.
I don't know how to fix it.
Who can help me understand the problem?
Grazie

Are you using tbe mt50 to set the program limits on the controller or ? A lot of answers needed as far as how you have set the programing set and type of batteries, panel specs, etc. I have 3 of the epever 40 amp controllers that work flawlessly.

I have 8 300w photovoltaic panels
Voltage pv open 39.5v
Max current 9.5A.
For a total of 2400 watts.
There are 4 separate plants
With 4 chargers 4210 mppt with 4 'mt50
For the settings.
All 4 connected in parallel.
each one has two 300w panels configured has 48v i
which charge a single 270A lifepo4 24v battery

Attachments

• IMG-20211209-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20211209-WA0000.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 8
Do you have a laptop or computer you can connect? And screenshot the parameters you have set?

Q? If you plug the ‘problem’ arrays one at a time into the controller that’s apparently working ok does it work ok?

It sounds like a settings issue. Like it runs boost but not float?

The other thing is the controller won’t charge much if at all if the battery(s) are full.

Test the problem arrays as stated, and see if you can’t use a PC to check individual SCC settings.

I have 8 300w photovoltaic panels
Voltage pv open 39.5v
Max current 9.5A.
For the settings.
which charge a single 270A lifepo4 24v battery
Check to see what your settings are on your MT50, the values below is from Battleborne , double them for using 24 volts like I have.
Update for Case SUP21927 - "New Inquiry Battleborn Batteries - 2022-01-06 14:50:02"

Good evening,

I will listed the EPever settings below:

Battery Charging SettingUser
Over voltage disconnect voltage14.7V
charging limit voltage14.6V
over voltage reconnect voltage14.6V
Equalize charging voltageOff or 14.4V
Boost charging voltage14.4V
Float charging voltage13.6V
Boost reconnect charging voltage13.3V
Low voltage reconnect voltage12.0V
Under volt. warning volt11.5v or Off
Low volt. disconnect volt.11.0v
Discharging limit voltage10.5 or Off
Equalize duration (min)Off
Boost Duration (min.)180

Thank you,
Brandon

Last edited:
I thank you
but if I connect only one of the 4 chargers it works fine.
the problem is when I plug 2/3 / have 4 chargers in parallel on one battery.

Attachments

• 20220127_194714.jpg
    20220127_194714.jpg
    360 KB · Views: 14
Nice drawing by the way.

The drawing shows two chargers and four panels, two in series to each charge controller.

So am I to assume you have a total of eight panels? Going into 4 charge controllers - going into one battery?

I recently started getting a rated voltage error on the MT-50 screen. I think my 1k solar array is exceeding the 100v max voltage with the 90degree temps we been having. My question is can I hook up another 4210 AN to the existing one in parallel to make it a 80A controller?

Yes.

I have a 4210AN & 2210AN in parallel. Each have to have their own array.

Also PV voltages usually go down when the environmental temp goes up.

So there’s a couple things
yes you got it right
Each one has 2 48v 300w panels.
Your diagram shows 2 300W panels in series with these specs:
300w photovoltaic panels
Voltage pv open 39.5v
Max current 9.5A.
For the settings.
which is 79VOC 9.5A not 48V
have 4 epever controllers
Do all four have the same exact settings on them? That “shouldn’t” be a problem but something’s going on.

79VOC 9.5A in perfect conditions is potentially over 100% of the 40A output of the 4210s. That’s ok. However unlikely it seems as though the units mppt signals are ‘fighting’ each other. On the surface anyway. But that would be unusual imho

That you are pumping potentially 160A into a 250Ah battery means you potentially fully charge in 90 to 100 minutes. It is more likely that one 4210 has more resistance in the cabling or something and carries float by itself while the other three ‘see’ a full battery and perhaps discern high voltage and do not reengage the charging cycle.

I would explore that.

I’m curious, however, why you do not use a pair of higher capacity controllers or a single, higher capacity unit for your robust small system.

What are you running with the 12V system? Amps/watts and duration?

I also think you should have another battery for the input watts- but knowing your usage is a much better way to figure that out

thank you for your help.
I am waiting for two more batteries for a full 810 A storage.
I hope that with the bigger battery the problem is solved by itself.
but I'm not sure.

I thank you
but if I connect only one of the 4 chargers it works fine.
Is it the same controller that shuts off every time or is it different controllers at different times? If it is the same one then the programing on that controller may not be set properly. That is why I listed my settings above. Like the reconnect voltage. If you haven't programed it to come back on at a pre set setting, that may be why you have to turn it off to have it reset manually. Have you checked all of your settings to verify that the ones shutting off match the ones staying on?

Back