diy solar

diy solar

Epever Tracer 4210 AN controller

Is it the same controller that shuts off every time or is it different controllers at different times? If it is the same one then the programing on that controller may not be set properly. That is why I listed my settings above. Like the reconnect voltage. If you haven't programed it to come back on at a pre set setting, that may be why you have to turn it off to have it reset manually. Have you checked all of your settings to verify that the ones shutting off match the ones staying on?
the settings of the 4 chargers are identical.
I reset them. planned but nothing has changed.
they block 2 out of 4 alternately.

the settings of the 4 chargers are identical.
I reset them. planned but nothing has changed.
they block 2 out of 4 alternately.
Wow, very interesting. Identical panels, power, controllers, settings, wiring,etc all into one battery connection. That boggles the mind. I have 3 controllers paralleled and not having an issue. I would say go back and check everything with a fine tooth comb and see if there are any differences anywhere.

^^^ I have heard conflicts can happen in that kind of situation but I’ve never heard of it happening.

You could step the boost/charge/float disconnect points .1V less for each controller. That way when the battery is low they all hug and hold hands but they drop of progressively as an experiment.
the plant and for home offgrid
What I meant was what are the devices, how many amps/watts does each use, and for how long?

^^^ I have heard conflicts can happen in that kind of situation but I’ve never heard of it happening.

You could step the boost/charge/float disconnect points .1V less for each controller. That way when the battery is low they all hug and hold hands but they drop of progressively as an experiment.

What I meant was what are the devices, how many amps/watts does each use, and for how long?
interesting proof

in the next few days I will do other tests.
thank you

took your advice
let's see how it goes tomorrow
You’ll have to watch it. .1V isn’t a big difference but it might reveal something. If you’re not seeing enough you can do like one at 14.6, 2nd 14.3, 3rd 14.0, 4th 13.7 and see what the deal is.

You’ll have to watch it. .1V isn’t a big difference but it might reveal something. If you’re not seeing enough you can do like one at 14.6, 2nd 14.3, 3rd 14.0, 4th 13.7 and see what the deal is.
os tried and does not go.

Just a question, are all of these panels on the same direction and angle to the sun or are some different? The "one" battery they are hooked up to, what is the size of it? I think that you said that you were using the MT50 for programing, when the units shut off does it give an error code or does the screen go blank or? Are you using the set up like a micro inverter just pulling off as much power when the sun is at its peak or?

all 8 panels are oriented south.
a single 270 Ah battery
I use MT-50.
when they stop, the screen does not go dark
there are no signs of error.
all four chargers turn on
when and charge two stop charging.
then when the battery voltage drops the two chargers that did not charge do not resume charging.
the only way to restart them is to detach the panels and then reconnect them.
per hour they restart until the battery is charged.

Ok, lets back up a little, each 4210an controller can handle 40 amps/1040 watts/92 volts without over paneling.
Currently you have them wired in series creating 75 volts / 9.5 amps / 712 watts which is well below the threshold of overpowering each controller. Just a question, on each MT 50, what has been your max or highest solar production in amps and watts per unit when battery is low and charging well?
You could leave them as they are or try over paneling them where you "could" push up to 1560 watts per the manual. Therefore with early morning, shading or evening sun- you could produce more energy at those times. So you could put three panels per controller in a 3P array generating 28.5 amps/39.5 volts =1125 watts. Now you will be running three controllers instead of four.
Also theoretically, you could do a 2S/2P config on your panels making 19 amps/79 volts and 1500 watts which would reduce your controller needs to two instead of four. I realize that 1500 is close to the 1560 max but in my experience panels do not put out advertised wattage due to a number of conditions. Of course this would be your decision. I am actually running 4- 305 watt panels that should be generating 1220 watts but have never in its life produced 925 watts on the best day of the year.
Will this fix your issue, not sure but it will take controllers from 4 to 2 or 3 maybe making them less finicky.

Next, earlier I listed programming limits with my MT50. I am running Battleborn LPO4 batteries on a 24 volt setup. I am guessing that you are also running LPO4 batteries? If so where did you get your programing limits? Below I will list what was given to me by Battleborn vs what you have your controller set on.

First I noticed that you have controller set on user settings with 123AH battery but earlier you said that your AH is 270? Which is it? If it is 270 program your controller for 270 AH not 123 AH.

Here is the balance of my settings vs your settings: First is yours then mine
Over voltage disconnect 27.6/ 29.4
Charge Limit 27.5/ 29.2
Overvoltage reconnect 27.4/ 29.2
Equal charge(not needed) 27.4/ 28.4
Boost charge 27.4/ 28.8
Float charge 27.4/ 27.2
Boost Rec 26.4/ 26.6
Low voltage reconnect 26.3/ 24
Under voltage reconnect 26.2/ 24
Under voltage warning 26.1/ 23
Low voltage disconnect 26/ 22
Discharge limit 25.9/ 21

This is info from Battleborn, these values may be different with your battery manufacturer. You would need to contact them directly for info on setting your limits for your specific batteries.

Hope this helps.

the parameters of the chargers gave them to me by a friend who uses the same lifepo4 batteries as mine.
my friend to a small package of 123 Ah.
my battery pack is 260Ah.
thanks for the advice or need a few days to rehearse.

Back