diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER Tracer 4210AN programming problem

Rascal

I am having difficulty programming my EPEVER Tracer 4210AN solar charge controller to the battery manufacturers custom charging specifications. Specifically, I'm trying to set the Boost charging voltage to 14.6 volts. The default is 14.4. The solar charge controller shows PARA.ERROR and will not accept the setting. The setting is in range per the user manual.

I know there are some really smart people in this forum, so although I've sent this question to the manufacturer, I'm posting the same question here in hopes y'all can beat the pants off the support folks at EPEVER. I'm not optimistic that they will respond. I do hope to be disappointed though! :) I have more confidence in this forum.

I suspect that the setting is in conflict with one or more others as it took several iterations to get all the settings programmed as shown below (except of course the boost charging voltage). For example: Over voltage disconnect voltage (14.7v per manufacturer) would not take until about the third iteration of adjusting the other parameters.

Here's some background, and then I show the charging parameters the battery manufacturer sent me.

Background:
My battery bank is two Battle Born LiFePo4 100 amp/hour batteries wired in parallel for a total capacity of 200 amp/hours. The solar array is 4 Renogy 100 watt panels wired in parallel so that if any panel is shaded the array will still generate power.

This is a DIY system that I have designed to be totally portable for camping, ham radio activities, or power outages. I'm attaching a link so that you can see pictures of the system. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Fbuo8TENelmmndBXc4w37FZsMWjWY8Uz?usp=sharing

Battle Born User Charging Specifications:

Over voltage disconnect voltage: 14.7v
Charging limit voltage: 14.6v
Over voltage reconnect voltage: 14.6v
Equalize charging voltage: Off or 14.4v (I set 14.4 as off seems not to be a choice)
Boost charging voltage: 14.6v (PARA.ERROR) remains at 14.4 for now
Float charging voltage: 13.6v
Boost reconnect charging voltage: 13.3v
Low voltage reconnect voltage: 12.0v
Under volt warning voltage: 11.5 or Off (I set 11.5)
Low voltage disconnect voltage: 11.0v
Discharging limit voltage: 10.5v or Off (I set 10.5 as off seems not to be a choice)
Equalize duration (min): Off
Boost duration (min): 180

Thanks! Sequencing is everything it seems. To my astonishment, I received a reply from EPEVER this morning with some parameter rules. I need to read them carefully, and also sent them to Battle Born to get their input. I'm actually impressed that I got such a speedy response!

Cheers! :)

Back