diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER Tracer 4215BN Charge Controller - low temperature cut off?

Dutchman

Based on Will’s videos I bought a pair of EPEVER 4215BN MPPT charge controllers for an off grid cabin, thinking they supported LIFEPO4 batteries.
Besides having no lithium settings, I find it has no low temperature cut off. My Zooms/Redodo battery BMS’s do not have a low temperature cut off internally.
Suggestions?
Epic Solar( EPEVER ) is non responsive so far. I am so tired of crap support from manufacturers.

Wait till you have to deal with the 14v bug. You can set it up for lifepo4 in USER mode but I wouldn't bother, I would just send them back. The setting have to be done in correct order for each voltage change otherwise it will complain. I have the correct order I used when I set mine up. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for low temp protection other then keeping them protected insulated and adding heaters.

I don't think anyone should review a product they are not using on a day to day basis. Lots of issues come up after you use them, not during "unboxing" day. Will does good reviews, but he should mention wether or not he has done extensive testing or usage.

I had 17 EPEVER 40a tracer after watching Wills review and recommendation. I returned the bulk of them and just kept a couple for some FLA batts I have doing side jobs. They aren't horrible, just not what I thought I was getting. I picked up some victron 100/30's and they are doing fine.

Wait till you have to deal with the 14v bug. You can set it up for lifepo4 in USER mode but I wouldn't bother, I would just send them back. The setting have to be done in correct order for each voltage change otherwise it will complain. I have the correct order I used when I set mine up. Sorry, I don't have any suggestions for low temp protection other then keeping them protected insulated and adding heaters.

I don't think anyone should review a product they are not using on a day to day basis. Lots of issues come up after you use them, not during "unboxing" day. Will does good reviews, but he should mention wether or not he has done extensive testing or usage.

I had 17 EPEVER 40a tracer after watching Wills review and recommendation. I returned the bulk of them and just kept a couple for some FLA batts I have doing side jobs. They aren't horrible, just not what I thought I was getting. I picked up some victron 100/30's and they are doing fine.
Well I am past the return date so if you could share your settings and the order in which you put them in that would be helpful thank you. And you’re right it is crazy how their menu system works if you don’t put things in in the right order and hold your tongue just write you get parameter error. Another case of software engineers not thinking about how the user actually uses their equipment

Ok, don't have my cheat sheet in front of me but I have some incomplete info on text file right in front of me;

Start with;

float
boost charge
equalize charge
charge limit

Then

over voltage recovery
over voltage disconnect.

I switched over to paper notes at one point vs the text doc. I will look for my note book after this rain stops. Its out in my storage.

Some setting CANNOT be higher/lower then others. Example; float can't be higher then charge limit.

Back