diy solar

diy solar

EPEVER Tracer 6415AN 60A thinks battery is charged but it’s not!

Angus79

Hi all,

Sorry if this has been asked before but a newby here with issues.

So I have a simple issue where my charge controller thinks the battery is fully charged (shows 14.7v and full battery on MT50 display, therefore reduces charge amperage to 0.1A) but when battery disconnected and left to rest multimeter across terminals shows 12.4V.

Because the battery is reading this lower voltage, the inverter out (Victron Phoenix 1200) when the fridge comes on which I assume is because compresssor kick in drops voltage below victron cut out.

On further investigation today the MT50 seems to show erratic voltage at battery, ranging from 14.7V down to 12.4V even when on constant load (dc lighting only)

Diagnostics carried out between battery/breaker/busbars and charge controller with multimeter shows same voltage on all terminals as at the battery. Even terminals at charge controller show the same 12.4V even when charge controller at 14.7V.

I will put a load on the battery tomorrow and check for volt drop in circuit but other than that I’m at a bit of a loss.

Any help really appreciated thanks,

Angus

6D52B4FD-2E5A-4D72-9CE0-7774D010030F.jpeg

Please give us all the details about your battery. Chemistry, age, brand, model, ect.

It is a 12v Sterling Battery 200ah AGM Deep Cycle VRLA (Lead Acid)

Attachments

• 200ah Sterling battery manual HP200-12.pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 1
Sorry should have said battery is less than a year old - installed October 21

First thing I would suggest is to charge it completely from mains power and load test it to be sure that the battery is not the issue.

Back