diy solar

diy solar

Epever Tracer AN high-current won’t support LiFePO4???

I think what you mean is that the load relay is an active ON relay, meaning Load relay is closed when Load should be ON. (Which is how I am using it).

This is what I have assumed - Normally Closed Generator relay is closed when SCC is off or whenever Vbat is > Vuvw.

Once Vbat drops below Vuvw, that Normally Closed Generator Relay opens and once open, it remains open until Vbat charges to above Vuvwr

I appreciate that you’ve confirmed my reading of the generator relay function is correct. I am suspecting my issue may be related to not understanding whether ‘OilEngine_controlsignal’ must be Enabled for generator relay to function as well as whether changes to Vuvw and Vuvwr take immediate effect or not.

Some changes to settings apparently only take effect overnight and/or after charging state has changed…
Re Load mentioned in first part of your answer: there is a switch on the controller, near the terminals, to enable generator and load contacts. It’s obvious, as you have the load relay working, that the switch is on (default when shipped).

P
Re Load mentioned in first part of your answer: there is a switch on the controller, near the terminals, to enable generator and load contacts. It’s obvious, as you have the load relay working, that the switch is on (default when shipped).

No idea what oil engine means! To me it seems UVW & UVR take effect immediately. I am using the Generator normally closed contacts, for the SCC to turn off a relay, when UVW is reached.

No idea what oil engine means! To me it seems UVW & UVR take effect immediately.

Are you using the PC software to control settings? OilEngine_Controlsignal is in the middle right above the rightmost column of voltage settings.

If you have generator contacts working without that being enabled, it may have no effect.

Not sure whether the MT50 even shows that setting.

I am using the Generator normally closed contacts, for the SCC to turn off a relay, when UVW is reached.
This is great information - thanks.

And just to be clear, when battery voltage drops below UVW, the normally closed contact opens (which you use to turn off an external relay) and at that point, the contact remains open until battery voltage increases past UVR, correct?

And also just to be clear, the ‘normally closed contact’ you are referring to is what the manual describes as ‘13 Utility Generator Relay OFF’, correct?

No idea what oil engine means! To me it seems UVW & UVR take effect immediately. I am using the Generator normally closed contacts, for the SCC to turn off a relay, when UVW is reached.
By the way, do you mean that you can turn off and turn on generator relay at will by modifying UVW and UVR settings?

That is something that pretty certainly is not working for me… (checking today whether modified UVW and UVR settings take effect after overnight).

My Epever SCC has never been out of Boost cycle, and from other threads, it seems that certain parameter changes don’t take effect until charging status changes…

You can apparently also do a hard reset to get ‘delayed’ parameters to take effect, so that will be my next step if today is another fail.

And also just to be clear, the ‘normally closed contact’ you are referring to is what the manual describes as ‘13 Utility Generator Relay OFF’,

No I’m using the ‘10 Utility / Generator relay ON’ which is on most of the time, as long as battery is over UVW. - that’s why I also have a switch to turn on my SSR when I want it, leaving the SCC to turn it off at UVW.

The 13 Generator contact comes on at UVW, so can be used to re-charge battery.

Yes, you can modify UVW & UVR as long as follow rule Under Voltage Warning Reconnect Voltage > Under Voltage Warning Voltage > (or equal to) Discharging Limit Voltage.

Manual section 2.4 Relay instruction is useful.

I mainly use MT50. There is a mention in manual about V on & V bat being set by PC software. I do use Solar Station on PC, mainly monitoring (it’s only way to see the charge mode). Am getting an eLOG 01 to analyse data over time.

fafrd said:
And also just to be clear, the ‘normally closed contact’ you are referring to is what the manual describes as ‘13 Utility Generator Relay OFF’,

No I’m using the ‘10 Utility / Generator relay ON’ which is on most of the time, as long as battery is over UVW. - that’s why I also have a switch to turn on my SSR when I want it, leaving the SCC to turn it off at UVW.
So you are using the relay on the right side described as ‘10 Utility Generator relay ON’ to provide a relay which is normally closed and opens only once Vbat drops below UVW?

The 13 Generator contact comes on at UVW, so can be used to re-charge battery.
So ‘13 Utility Generator relay OFF’ should be used to have a relay that closes to turn ON a generator once Vbat drops below UVW??? Great documentation.

I’ll do some testing tomorrow but this could be my issue…

Yes, you can modify UVW & UVR as long as follow rule Under Voltage Warning Reconnect Voltage > Under Voltage Warning Voltage > (or equal to) Discharging Limit Voltage.

Manual section 2.4 Relay instruction is useful.

I mainly use MT50. There is a mention in manual about V on & V bat being set by PC software. I do use Solar Station on PC, mainly monitoring (it’s only way to see the charge mode). Am getting an eLOG 01 to analyse data over time.
I understand the rules about the voltage setting relationships. In fact, the software issues a warning if you attempt to violate any of those ‘rules’

What I am experiencing is no effect from new settings for UVW and UVR being uploaded.

If I upload new timer settings, they take effect immediately. I can change the Load Relay state at will by changing timer settings.

But if I change LVD setting from below Vbat to above Vbat, it does not change the Load relay from closed/ON to open/OFF.

And same with changing UVW and UVR - no immediate impact on Utility Generator relay state.

My SCC has never made it out of boost/bulk stage in case that has any impact, but if you are able to immediately change Load relay or Utility Generator relay state by changing LVD or UVW settings while in bulk/boost charging state, your Epever SCC behaves differently than mine…

Ok. I made an assumption that it would change immediately. I can’t test it while the baby is asleep, with solar powered aircon on. You could try disconnecting the battery, then a reboot should work; to test it.

Ok. I made an assumption that it would change immediately. I can’t test it while the baby is asleep, with solar powered aircon on. You could try disconnecting the battery, then a reboot should work; to test it.
I ended up dissembling my system (wiring from SCC to battery) and testing the AN 6420 with a voltage supply in the place of a batttery.

I’m not sure what made the difference but between depowering the system and testing various low voltage fault conditions, the relays finally started responding y to o my settings.

Everything A-OK now.

Just to put this subject to bed, I contacted Epever support and and was more or less told by them to de-energize and re-energize an AN-Series SCC whenever any voltage parameters have been changed. The precise response they gave me:

Answer: it would be best to re-power the controller if you have change the control parameters.

Note: the below orders must be observed when power off or power on the controller.
The disconnect order of the controller (power off): 1. PV, 2. battery;
The connect order of the controller (power on) : 1. battery , 2. PV ;

Back