diy solar

diy solar

Epever Tracer3210AN - has anyone got the apps to work?

Don B. Cilly

Energetic energy padawan
So, that is the controller I have.
I tried the PC app. Over RS 485 to USB cable. Took me ages to get the COM port settings right, but I managed that.
I set my parameters. It said OK. User mode appeared in the charging settings - I set it to that.
Next day I got some sun, it went to 28.8V (I set max at 27.6), BMS kicked in, red LEDs, annoying annoying.

After which... getting the COM port to work is such a bitch (especially with Wine or Virtualbox, it's not as if one wants Windows or Mac anywhere in the neighbourhood is it ;·)... I tried the Android apps. None of them work. At all. Of the two AN-compatible ones (I got them from the Epever site, not the Play store) one goes to Settings whatever I do (and does not get out), the other can't see any devices.

So, has anyone got any AN-compatible app to work? How? :)

I've gotten the apps to work and updated settings on my two parallel Tracer AN charge controllers. For the PC version in using Solar Station with the cable. But for Android I use the WIFI module and the Lithium app, even though I am in Lead Acid it works. Assuming you made the changes in PC , pressed update and it gave the pop up that changes were accepted?

Well, that video doesn't really show anything the official Epever ones do, except how to make the cable, and I already got the Epever cable.
I did save the data, I'm pretty sure I didn't have a "User" mode on the controller before, I even saved a backup file, which has now disappeared :·/
I might try the WiFi module... I don't know though, I'm kind of tired of spending money on dubious Chinese hardware to use crappy Chinese software that basically never works :·(

Back