diy solar

diy solar

EPEver U Power Inverter/Charger

AK_Offgrid

Good day - hope everyone is doing well.

Looking to upgrade my existing system. Current system: 6x100w mono 12v PVs, 1 EPEver MPPT 40A controller, 1 Trace 1512 inverter/charger, 3xConcord AGM 100Ah batts in parallel. Used in a off-grid cabin year round. Use a 3500w gene for backup/filler when needed.

My batts are aging (10+ years) and so I am going to replace them (with luck before they take matters in their own hands). I plan on moving to LiFePO4's, probably 8 of the Fortune 100Ahs, maybe 8 XCell 176Ah. Either way it would 8s1p.

For a controller (the first thing to be replaced) I would like to get an integrated Solar Charge Controller, Inverter/Charger. I see the unit Will favors and that is not a bad option although I am fond of the EPEver controllers. I have used several of the Tracer MPPT units and like them. Doing some research I see EPEver has an all in one under the U Power line. The U Power line appears to be only 220/230v at this time.

Has anyone heard anything from EPEver about releasing a U Power in 110v?
Thoughts on the MPP Solar all in one?
Other options for the all in one?

Thank you for your time.

AK_Offgrid, I have a similar setup in a house I just purchased. I have the Tracer DR2412, and a set of dead batteries. There is wind and Solar charging capability and I am looking at Will's favorite EPEver 40a MPPT controller to harness that. My primary charging will be utility power through the Trace 2412, as I suspect you would also do when you use your GenSet as backup power to charge the batteries. If that is your intention, what battery profile are you choosing on the Trace 1512?

Exterior-7.jpg

39Mamaw - Sorry to hear about the batteries. I use the EPEver MPPT controller (had the 20A now have the 60A). Love the EPEver. My Tracer is older school than 'profile'. You can set the charging amps but that is it. The charger will do up to 60A but I have it set to 30A. It worked well for my batts.

Since my original post I have upgraded my system. I now use 4 200w 24v Monos, the EPEver 60A, an APC 24v 3kW Inverter/charger. I have ordered but not received yet, a pair of 24v 100Ah LiFePOs. That required me taking out one of the 100Ah 12v batts while I wait for the LiFePOs and putting in a 24v-12v converter. Working well so far, have high hopes for the new batts.

If you don't mind me asking, where abouts is the cabin located and how is the wind working for you?

Back