diy solar

diy solar

Errant shutoff with chargery DCC

Actually, the "unwritten rule" for a pack (especially bulk cells) is 1mv per AH of capacity as Bulk cells can drift that much, especially when pushed hard. So for a 280AH cell up to 280mv differential is quite possible. I do not suggest exceeding that because beyond 1mv difference other issues will rear their heads and none of them are good for the cells or your investment.

The matched cells never drift like that, I've seen 50mv with hard 200A pulls, I can see 200mv with the Bulk cell packs @ 200A pull.
Just another difference between Bulk & Properly Matched cells. But pennies override common sense for some and then they whine when they got the Chevette they paid for, rather than the Cadilac they wanted & expected, at which point blame is spread like manure on the field.
Steve, Very good detail there and I agree! Thank you so much for all the input and info you share on here!
LOL at the Chevette and Cadillac! Had used the Chevette (better than Ford Pinto looks the same) terminology before but together with Corvette or "Vette" than the Cadillac. Speaking of which maybe this time next year maybe June I will finally have my vette!

Back