diy solar

diy solar

ESARE 429Ah LiP04 Battery cells on Ali Express

IDMT

ESARE 429Ah LiP04 Battery cells on Ali Express -- Has anyone heard of this distributor -- and what are your thoughts for this size of battery???

No datasheet, Aliexpress, random store name, no reviews..

all red flags.

Take in consideration there is no known 420Ah manufacturer as far as I (and the majority of the users here) are aware, and their other listings have for example 300Ah plastic cased cells... I'm quite sure they are overrated cells (270Ah or so in reality), or used cells (in case of those plastic ones)

Personally, I don't understand why people are continuing to even consider unknown sellers on Aliexpress... That's like buying genuine iphone cables for $2 and than complaining they aren't....

Go on Alibaba, look into sellers/traders specialized into LFP, take a guess, or go for real gradeA cells from eg Amy/Luyuan.

In my opinion:
Luyuan or similar: 100% accurate and perfect cells
Basen/Xuba/and so on: Generally good cells, but your milage may vary, some people had issues with them, so it's more of a guess
AliExpress: Taking a deep dive, can be anywhere between completely crap derated used cells, inaccurate ratings (280Ah sold as 350Ah) or you might be lucky.

I, too, tested these 420Ah cells to about 240Ah.
That very same company is advertising 240Ah cells right now for about $75 each.
Versus the roughly $150 they charged me for the "420Ah" cells.
Nice scam!

I initiated a dispute through PayPal. PayPal found in my favor.

But I lose, anyway.
They want me, of course, to return the cells. Here is the address they gave:
The Crossroads between Fanrong road and Shangde Road, Shangji Industry Cluster District xu chang shi he nan sheng 461000China
Roadblock 1: Do you think any carrier will accept a consignment to deliver to a "crossroad" between two other roads?
Roadblock 2: PayPal told me to use https://www.parcelmonkey.com/ to get an estimate. The best estimate is just under $2000.

So I have to pay $2000 because of their fraud, or lose everything I spent.
"I don't think we're in Kansas anymore, Toto."

Funny thing, the packing slip shows that the cells were shipped from Compton, about 100 miles up the road from me.
So I have written to PayPal, and to the Chinese company, demanding that they let me return the cells to Compton.

I did find two articles on what to do about it...I think I'll try what they suggest.
A small claims suit against Alipay, since they're HQ'd here in California.
And try getting a local Chinese attorney.
One more thing, I saw another article that said to contact the district attorney. Might try that.

fake. All sellers with the Name ShopXXXXXXX or XXXXXOrdersStore are fake!

Back