diy solar

diy solar

ESP8266 Minipower MPPT SCC with Internet dashboard.

rin67630

Solar Enthusiast
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/l...sting-an-attempt-to-build-a-better-scc.13847/

It is still work in progress but I came very far and have already wired prototypes, and written most of the code.
Soft Power (Github)

The main focus, beside low-cost, is the ability to run efficiently at very low power.
A domain where the standard MPPT controllers are not performing well, since most of them draw 1-2W for their own consumption all the time.

The micropower (for solar panels up to 10 W) hardware
1609078995851-png.31331

The minipower hardware (for solar panels up to 100 W)
1608750594399-png.31096

The midipower hardware (for solar panels up to 300W) is under construction.

The full power hardware > 300W is out of scope, that's the realm of commercial devices.

One possibility of Internet – dashboard:
1608415244451-png.30765

Last edited:
Nice work, looks like what I've built.. I'm using the s32 now because it has many ADC converters, I2c, etc..

This started on a raspberry pi but now served off windows using DOTNET core.

1610309770595.png

Using the S32 now for Temp sensors / relay services using json, that was not from the S32 but I could. It is using SignalR and a SOA2.0 message server that I developed. Everything else on it is JavaScript that can be hosted off of the S32 web server. I have not tried very much it because when I originally started with this, I tried using Luna and only had 12k available for source. I have sense moved over using Arduino with these and it works very well. Just about every controller I've built with the raspberry pi could be done with this but I have to use an API, not real time using DOTNET Core / SOA2.0 so I'm happy with how it turned out.

Here are the includes for this with Arduino platform. If you google ESP32 json server, you will find a lot out there. The last one I created was a Json based service to turn on outdoor lights.

Any event, If you need the json library and code to create these this on your ESP, let me know.. I can share it with you. Instead of using SOA2.0, live streaming, you can use a timer and API call back to your ESP that will send the data back to the page.

#include "Arduino.h"
#include <FreeRTOS.h>
#include <AsyncTCP.h>
#include <AsyncEventSource.h>
#include <AsyncJson.h>
#include <AsyncWebSocket.h>
#include <AsyncWebSynchronization.h>
#include <SPIFFSEditor.h>
#include <StringArray.h>
#include <WebAuthentication.h>
#include <WebHandlerImpl.h>
#include <WebResponseImpl.h>
#include "WiFi.h"
#include "ESPAsyncWebServer.h"

Using the S32 now for Temp sensors / relay services using json, that was not from the S32 but I could. It is using SignalR and a SOA2.0 message server that I developed. Everything else on it is JavaScript that can be hosted off of the S32 web server. ...
That sounds pretty complicated.
I love Thinger.io.
They do everything for me in the cloud and 2 devices are free of charge. I don't even need a computer and you can access worldwide the dashboard and modify it as you like.

Back