diy solar

diy solar

Espar van heater fuel pump amp/ Ecoflow 12 volt issue/ Amp limiter

sonofcops

First, I want to say I will not attempt any modifications until I get an approval from Eberspacher.
I have a airtronics B4L M2 installed in my Transit. I went with a Ecoflow Delta Max to supply power to it and few other items. What I am finding is at the start up stage of the Espar, the watts for the fuel pump and fan will fluctuate from 50-148 watts. The EF Max 12 volt cigarette output allows for 126 watts. On first attempts it will overload the 12 volt but if I kick everything back on shortly after it will do its 30 minute cycle. Likely because the initial heavy load is over and now the watts drop below 100. My question is, if allowable and approved, is there a way to limit the fuel pump amp draw just a little so the cycle does not overload the EF 12 volt circuit? I obviously do not want to mess with the fuel pump functioning properly but if I could get the amps decreased by about 2 I think it could work. I cannot tell if a DROK Buck module is an appropriate device or something else inline that serves this purpose. I know I can fabricate an AC to DC converter to my fuse panel and everything would work but I would prefer simply not doing that inefficient process if it can be solved easily. Thanks for any input.
K

First off its the glow plug that's pulling the most power. Is your Transit 12 volt? If so simply build a parallel cable that powered by the Transit. Time the high watts event. Once figured out set up a timer. There is "NO" way that the company will authorize slowing the pump or fan.(fire hazard)

Hi Grizzman, Thanks for the reply. The transit is 12 volt. I believe you with the answer being no way on the messing with the Espar settings. I'll do some digging around the van to see about using power from it.

Welp, I have the problem solved. Since I already own a Bluetti Ac200p I will use the 25 amp DC output. I stopped using the ac200p in the van because I cannot read the display but it's a nice option that I can take advantage of now..

Welp, I have the problem solved. Since I already own a Bluetti Ac200p I will use the 25 amp DC output. I stopped using the ac200p in the van because I cannot read the display but it's a nice option that I can take advantage of now..
I'm having a voltage drop issue using my Bluetti AC200 with an Espar heater. Have you found your Bluetti to be reliable to start your Espar. At start up there is a load of approximately 8-9 amp, sometimes more. The DC 25 amp output should be enough.

Using the DC25 amp outlet to supply power works just fine. I decided to go with an entirely different set up though. Heated Battleborns and PIP 2724 system. Problem is the Bluetti gets too cold to keep in the van and expect it to charge. It will discharge at cold temps fine though.

Using the DC25 amp outlet to supply power works just fine. I decided to go with an entirely different set up though. Heated Battleborns and PIP 2724 system. Problem is the Bluetti gets too cold to keep in the van and expect it to charge. It will discharge at cold temps fine though.
This is good information to know the Blueetti AC200 "DC25 amp outlet to supply power works just fine."

Potentially, my problem lies with a simple voltage drop due to too long a power cable to the Espar B4L.

Back