diy solar

diy solar

ETC 277AH Grade B?

UV-PWRD

Interesting situation. I've ordered and paid for 16x 277ah Cells from Alibaba - Shenzhen Xuba/Selina Li and Pina Long.

During the initial conversation, I specifically asked for Grade A cells, and on the advice of a mate, requested Lishen. Pina confirmed all cells are Grade A.

In checking the shipping info, I have just realised I've been sold ETC 277AH cells and as the ads are all near on identical, I have not realised that at the time.

The ad clearly notes - "
Product Description
Tips:

1. ETC 3.2V 277AH, grade B, performance is very good, just there are some flaws in appearance, such as some wrinkles on the skin. Honesty is the basis of all cooperation, we think we should indicate this in advance.Thanks for your understanding!"

Ad here
1pcs Etc 3.2v 277ah Rechargeable Lifepo4 Li-ion Battery Cells For 12v 24v 48v Solar System Ev Rv - Buy Lithium Ion Battery,Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery,Lifepo4 Battery Solar Product on Alibaba.com

Has any been in this position? If so what was the outcome as I clearly asked for Grade A.

Has anyone had experience with these ETC 277AH cells as I cannot find much on them other than I think this is the datasheet - https://lithiumsystem.ch/wp-content/uploads/2020/10/ETC-LFP277AH.pdf

I should add, I've noticed this issue 2 weeks after shipment, so they are currently in transit.

I've contacted the supplier, but welcome the any feedback others have on the cells or a similar experience.

Unless you're paying a premium, you're not getting grade A cells. Grade A cells MUST meet the datasheet requirements, and they will all almost certainly fall short on capacity.

You're likely getting high quality grade B cells that will meet everything BUT the capacity. My 9 Eve cells I just received all fell short with most testing around 272Ah. Still a very good value.

I wouldn't say I paid a premium, but I had some level of "hope" of them being "decent" given what people are seeing here from EVE/Lishen and Wills recent testing showing above rated capacity.

I paid about $120/kWh based on rated. I paid $123/kWh based on actual.

The key to success here is reasonable expectations. Will you really care if they're all 265Ah but meet all other requirements?

P.S. Welcome to the forum.

If we look at Nominal voltage x AH then I've got at best 14.18kwh (51.2x277).

I've paid $2103 AUD delivered (I'm in Aus) or $1627.68 for you US folks.
$148.35 AUD/$114.82USD per kWh at best, which will only go up from there.

I was hoping they would perform as close to rating as possible, but again I'm basing that on YouTube testing of different brand cells and I thought I was buying Lishen which appear to test quite well.

And thank you for the welcome, been lurking a long time as I've built my 48v system :) Was initially using a MaxxCell 10kWh pack from MPP Aus, but it failed shortly after purchase and I went for a refund after being disappointed in many respects.

Nominal is the correct way.

I'm tickled with the value. 7 weeks was worth the wait. :)

Welcome to the light - a lurker no more.

Last edited:
Well she seems confident I'll give her thekat even if the "previous batch" stuff seems very convenient.

Hopefully these attach properly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210114-184311_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20210114-184311_Alibabacom.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 53
  • Screenshot_20210114-184421_Alibabacom.jpg
    Screenshot_20210114-184421_Alibabacom.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 52
I haven't received them yet so not sure if there's a customs bill.

A mate of mine just got his 16 cells so I'll ask him.

I won't be paying GST as my order was shipping in 2 bundles to different addresses to drop the value below the threshold.

I haven't received them yet so not sure if there's a customs bill.

A mate of mine just got his 16 cells so I'll ask him.

I won't be paying GST as my order was shipping in 2 bundles to different addresses to drop the value below the threshold.

I ordered my EVE280 cells in batches of 8 and didn't pay customs/GST.

However maybe the customs service was just overloaded in Q4, as the AUD$1000 threshold is calculated on [goods cost + shipping] in USD converted to AUD at the time of arrival.

So about USD$770

Edit : ?770 = AUD$1000, you would either need to ask a vendor to declare the total consignment with shipping at under that amount, or hope to get lucky.

I paid about USD$865 per 8 EVE cells shipped, but wasn't charged customs/GST

Last edited:
I paid about $120/kWh based on rated. I paid $123/kWh based on actual.

The key to success here is reasonable expectations. Will you really care if they're all 265Ah but meet all other requirements?

P.S. Welcome to the forum.
You guys are making me feel good about the deal I got: $1440 US for 16 280Ah cells, all-in, or $100.45/kWh (assuming 3.2V and full 280Ah rating).

This is normal shipping. You just don't rely on whatever Alibaba tells you the shipping will be (I assume that's where you got yours) and contact the seller directly (using the chat function) to get a personal quote.
I did, but I was under the impression that there was a strong economy of scale.
How much did you pay for postage only, if you don't mind me asking?

I ordered my EVE280 cells in batches of 8 and didn't pay customs/GST.

However maybe the customs service was just overloaded in Q4, as the AUD$1000 threshold is calculated on [goods cost + shipping] in USD converted to AUD at the time of arrival.

So about USD$770

Edit : ?770 = AUD$1000, you would either need to ask a vendor to declare the total consignment with shipping at under that amount, or hope to get lucky.

I paid about USD$865 per 8 EVE cells shipped, but wasn't charged customs/GST
My orders are a few bucks under that limit lol see how we go.

And yes ordering more gets you lower price per cell naturally.

A friend recently ordered 60 and paid much less than me over kWh.

When I ordered from Selina @ Xuba, I orederd the Lishen cells and then the invoice stated ETC. I had to ask to change change the invoice to Lishen. I thought at the time it was an honest mistake but looks like they are doing this for others as well..... I did get Lishen cells by the looks of them as I asked for the change before paying.

Selina was good and dropped the declared value for me for 20 cells and didn't have to pay anything else from customs. So another saving there. :)

Currently working out an issue with dented cells, fingers crossed.

I have mixed feelings now with Xuba, seems they've dropped the ball a bit after getting a good name.

I see, I'm annoyed I didn't spot it, but I feel like it's an easy mistake to make, especially if you are asking for Lishen and they are quoting ETC anyway.

I went back and looked at the messages in full, I never specifically asked for Lishen, I asked for Grade A, I also enquired via an ETC listing so it's all on me.

My main concern now is simply how good the ETCs are given I'll be seeing them soon lol

Back