diy solar

diy solar

EVE 230Ah Batteries

LithiumSolar

Solar Enthusiast
Does anyone have any info on the EVE LF230 batteries? Basen is telling me the LF280s are sold out, price will be going up, and are recommending the LF230s. I can't find any info (or a datasheet) on them anywhere. Thanks.

Hello, I can only send you a CN / EN mini data sheet. Unfortunately I don't have any more.
Greetings uli

Attachments

• H2d000482c8fa459dbb1d552014c9c78dH.jpg
    H2d000482c8fa459dbb1d552014c9c78dH.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 85
  • H383079121f3845e383f64dd4bbfbce23w.jpg
    H383079121f3845e383f64dd4bbfbce23w.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 80
I don't suppose you know the weight of them, do you? Maybe around 3.5kg if the 300 odd AH ones are 5 ish kg? I got the same messages and am considering ordering a batch.

Does anyone have any info on the EVE LF230 batteries? Basen is telling me the LF280s are sold out, price will be going up, and are recommending the LF230s. I can't find any info (or a datasheet) on them anywhere. Thanks.
EVE280AH Grade B is really in short supply. if you want the similar capacity with similar size, LISHEN272AH, CATL271AH,REPT280AH are more closer to your needs.
EVE230AH is fine if you don't mind the 50AH capacity lower.
the trend of the battery price is rising. this is true.

Attachments

• 微信图片_20210525181339.jpg
    微信图片_20210525181339.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 7251ea3df92d258517b13a3ca8b1f84.jpg
    7251ea3df92d258517b13a3ca8b1f84.jpg
    143.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 微信图片_20210525181318.jpg
    微信图片_20210525181318.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
I've ordered some of these 230's from Basen,

Upon request I received attached datasheet from them

And yes, stock is getting limited. Not only with the EVE 280Ah, but I hear this from many sellers, on multiple brands. Also, prices are increasing rapidly.

I''ve seen multiple quotes of $110-120 for cells which were $86-$90 less than a year ago

Attachments

• evelf230product specification.pdf
    629 KB · Views: 91
Joined 43 minutes ago, you're even newer than I am! :-D Thanks for the datasheet, DJ Smiles :)

Mandy, why does one of the photos show a round-terminal cell?

Joined 43 minutes ago, you're even newer than I am! :-D Thanks for the datasheet, DJ Smiles :)

Mandy, why does one of the photos show a round-terminal cell?
HAHA i watch this forum long time ago but i didn't register till today. oh thanks for reminding. that is another cell not the 230AH.
i ask my warehouse people take a picture just now. this is the real appearance of the EVE230AH.
There is another one with square terminal. see the photo below.

Attachments

• 微信图片_20210601182120.jpg
    微信图片_20210601182120.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 方极耳.jpg
    方极耳.jpg
    229 KB · Views: 51
Those square ones look funky - not yet machined! I'd be a bit scared of drilling and tapping them myself. Is that how the manufacturer supplies them to you? Or some special purpose cells for spring contacts or something?

Actually the batteries have no stud or screw terminal inside originally from the factory. these parts are added later. Nearly all chinese suppliers will add these terminal before sending out abroad since you guys have no equipment to welding. Do the welding also need some cost.

Interesting. The datasheet from above seems to support this with the fairly unclear photos in it. However it doesn't specify how much depth/meat there is in those alloy blocks. How do you know how far to machine in if the datasheet doesn't say or do you only electro spot weld out-bound studs ONTO those factory alloy blocks?

You bring up a good question. for this model we only weld a stud upon rather than drill a hole internally. Some cells can be drilled with a hole some can't . There are experienced people who is good at it. Must be zero risk! on the whole we recommend the stud but some customers prefer drilling the hole inside. only if it is allowed to do it,we will follow. if it is harmful or risky,we won't follow. and the only disadvantage of adding the stud is making the total height a bit higher. and package a bit more difficult. anyhow safety comes first.

Sure thing. I would be using a stud and nut/washer combination anyway as bolts are the wrong way to attach to a soft substrate like aluminium.

Sure thing. I would be using a stud and nut/washer combination anyway as bolts are the wrong way to attach to a soft substrate like aluminium.
This is true, also why CALB uses a heli-coil in their CA180's that have internal threads in an aluminum terminal. (Note, these are cells from Mandy (Deligreen) that I got around April 2020Terminal_Long-Wide-1.jpg

I've ordered some of these 230's from Basen,

Upon request I received attached datasheet from them

And yes, stock is getting limited. Not only with the EVE 280Ah, but I hear this from many sellers, on multiple brands. Also, prices are increasing rapidly.

I''ve seen multiple quotes of $110-120 for cells which were $86-$90 less than a year ago
Hello DJSmiley,

Thanks for the data sheet. A question, do you happen to have an English translation for the battery label code (page 7)?

That would be interesting.

Hello DJSmiley,

Thanks for the data sheet. A question, do you happen to have an English translation for the battery label code (page 7)?

That would be interesting.
No, I don't, but on some other EVE datasheets there is an English version

@Gazoo for example posted a datasheet of the EVE 280Ah cells with an English version.

Hallo Nicole, der Preis wäre sehr gut für original EVE. Aber der Händler hat eine Mindestabnahme von 2x4 Zellen. Aber sonst OK Gruß

No, I don't, but on some other EVE datasheets there is an English version

@Gazoo for example posted a datasheet of the EVE 280Ah cells with an English version.

Google translate (app) works well on the Chinese data sheet. I bought a set of the eve 230s from Basen through a member here in the biz, they arrived promptly, well packed, in perfect visual condition and matching voltages. Working on getting them hooked up and in compression now. So far they look really nice.

Great to hear, Frick. How many did you get and roughly where are you located? I'm just trying to figure out the freight side of it and quantity I need to order to make it worthwhile while keeping the risk relatively palatable.

Back