diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280 Ah from Shenzen Basen are not "brand new" as advertised

We're all still learning, which is why this forum is so great!

Someone once posted information (from EVE I think) that at a certain temperature there was zero degradation.
I think it was an early discussion focused on fixtures and the value of compression, but unfortunately I can't find it.
You can find the spec sheets for the cells in the resources section of the forum. EVE does recommend 0℃~35℃ for long term storage. I tend to go by the spec sheets. I learn something new here every day.

Ok, so what's becoming apparent to me is that there's at least three factors:

Degradation from:
Temperature vs charging
Temperature vs discharging
Temperature vs storage

Those graphs are great

jove-137-57501-6.jpg
Multiple temperature trials below freezing~☃️?

Yeah, I downloaded the spec sheets for EVE and Lishen straight to my desktop long ago.

According to this author, storage at 35C results in minimal capacity loss.
Degradation due to usage (rather then storage) may be a different beast, with lower temperatures better for discharge than charge.

Are capacity loss and degradation essentially the same thing? I don't know.
paper added

I'm not too worried about the degradation. If I get "only" 3500 cycles out of my eight cells, that's over nine years. I will have moved on from this trailer long before that, or the technology will have come up with something that will compel me to upgrade early.

Copy that. Retired with time on my hands, it's just an interesting topic (like compression).

we know of only one reseller who appears to have reached an agreement with EVE to deliver cells directly (rather than through a broker) and including cell-by-cell capacity test data.
Hi Fafrd, can you tell which is this reseller please ? name ? thanks a lot :)

Hi Fafrd, can you tell which is this reseller please ? name ? thanks a lot :)

How strange. I ordered from the same vendor a couple of days after the OP's order on January 8, but they took over 2 months for them to pass customs.

Mine appear to be brand new Grade A cells with holographic QR stickers and all 16 were perfectly matched. It's odd to have a completely different experience and our orders were only a few days apart

Shenzen Basen bamboozle more and more customers:

More bad experiences with Shenzen Basen:

@Ampster what did you end up getting..? I am thinking about doing a small expansion of my packs.
My last order was from Amy in December. I stuck with EVE 280s even though there were less expensive quotes for Lishan 271s. I now have a total of 48 cells but have not integrated them yet. We bought a new home and I have to get new service panel and solar, then reinstall the Skybox and the larger pack.

Anybody gotten the REPT 280ah? If so, how is it? Anybody done comparison between Eve, Lishen, REPT, etc? Thanks.

Hello everyone, I would like to inform you about my experiences with Shenzen Basen "Emely".

On January 5th, 2021 I ordered 4 Cells "EVE 280 Ah brand new cells". I was glad that they arrived yesterday, February 19th, 2021.
View attachment 37790
After unpacking the big disappointment came; The poles had scratches, the housing had dents, when tilted they make a gurgling noise.

View attachment 37785View attachment 37784

When I decoded the QR codes, it turned out that the cells were manufactured in different production facilities in 2018 and 2019. It is also not the type B71, but B66.
View attachment 37791

When confronted with these findings, Shenzen Basen only answers the counter question: "Does the battery work properly? Are the inteernal resistance voltages and capacities tested"

I will keep you updated on how this goes on now. Friendly greetings from Germany
Earlier I posted that I also purchased from Basen. I kept silence since to give justice and see what is the condition when my shipment arrives. Well, it has arrived and I noticed similar issues and maybe worse. I notified Basen and, guess what, they told me it is **normal**. Well, I replied back and see if we can work sometime out. My friend also brought from them; issue too. I hope things can be worked out, otherwise, this will make me think twice or rule out ever buying from Basen or Alibaba again.

Last edited:
My last order was from Amy in December. I stuck with EVE 280s even though there were less expensive quotes for Lishan 271s. I now have a total of 48 cells but have not integrated them yet. We bought a new home and I have to get new service panel and solar, then reinstall the Skybox and the larger pack.

@Ampster Yeah that is what I am thinking, sticking with 280ah. The panel expansion I did end of last summer was enough to push me to float with still 2-3 hrs of productive daylight left aka running out of battery storage. So which 'Amy', what company and was the packaging better than Deligreen?

@Ampster Yeah that is what I am thinking, sticking with 280ah. The panel expansion I did end of last summer was enough to push me to float with still 2-3 hrs of productive daylight left aka running out of battery storage. So which 'Amy', what company and was the packaging better than Deligreen?

When Amy Wan was in charge at Xuba things were pretty good. Packaging improved, orders were right.That doesn't seem to be the case at Xuba any more. My eight cells came from Xuba when Amy was there.

Amy is now at Shenzen Luyuan as the owner/operator. If I was in need of additional batteries I would look to her first. Link to her thread:

Anybody gotten the REPT 280ah? If so, how is it? Anybody done comparison between Eve, Lishen, REPT, etc? Thanks.
I've got the REPT 280ah from Shenzen Starmax. I've got a couple cells with a couple dimple sized dents, some variations in settling voltage, and some of the "laser welded terminals" look a little rough, but with that said I am fairly pleased with the product. I tested the cell that fell the most in voltage, and if I'm not mistaken it is not self discharging at an alarming rate, it simply settles to a slightly different voltage. My capacity test was at 282ah when I ended the test (2.9v). Internal resistance appears to be at .16-.17mohm and relatively constant from the ones I have tested. Out of a batch of 32, there are probably 20+ real premium cells, really close voltages, would make an excellent 48v pack or what not, and the remaining 12 are totally usable, it would appear. From my conversations with Starmax, they seem to be eager to do business, I had some complaints and they are dealing with me reasonably so far. I have decided to trust them and will see how things go. I am building a few 12v packs, still prototyping the first, but will be doing a review with pictures soon.

Back