diy solar

diy solar

EVE-280 cells should these be clamped tight or spaced for expansion?

We do agree the suppliers should know what they are selling.
No, you are dealing with an entirely different culture. A culture that has 3000 years of history and was the largest economic force in the world for many years until it started looking inward and missed out on the the industrial revolution. Then it got exploited by western powers including Opium addiction and then Japanese colonization, a civil war, a huge totalitarian dictatorship under Mao and finally an opportunity to go back to their fundemental capitalistic nature. Then of course one should add a little bit of Confucius and finally that is China today. It is what is is and we have a choice to accept it for what it is or buy somewhere else at a different price and with a different guaranty of quality. We have a choice.

Change your expectations. These cells do not age significantly with the passage of two years. Look at the big picture, you have kWhs of storage at significantly less per kWhr than people who are buying used cells from Bigbattery and others. If you want perfect, buy a Battleborn at $900 per kWh and sell your Shenzhen Basen cells for $200 per kWhr to someone who wants them right and does not want to wait. Let us help you balance these cells and put them in a pack. Don't fret over minor issues.
Thanks, I really did not mean to "fret over minor issues". The only thing that I wanted to share was my experience with a company and learn from oters on this forum. Like I am trying to learn about QR code rule by EVE and people shared valuable information here.
Regarding my expectation, the company assured me the cells are 2020 production and capacity test and matching will be done before shipping.So far, I don't know if the cells are 2020 and also one of cells was at 5% SOC when received and other three around to 90%. it doesn't look like someone did match these cells at first glance. So I don't think I have high expectation.
If 2020 year production and capacity test proves that the lower voltage cell is fine then I would be happy to confirm then I would say the company was honest and post it here. Also I think it would be helpful for others to learn from our experience here.
Right now I am trying to top balance the cells and waiting for battery capacity test device to be delivered. I will update as soon as I come up with test result.
Thanks for support!

No, you are dealing with an entirely different culture. A culture that has 3000 years of history and was the largest economic force in the world for many years until it started looking inward and missed out on the the industrial revolution. Then it got exploited by western powers including Opium addiction and then Japanese colonization, a civil war, a huge totalitarian dictatorship under Mao and finally an opportunity to go back to their fundemental capitalistic nature. Then of course one should add a little bit of Confucius and finally that is China today. It is what is is and we have a choice to accept it for what it is or buy somewhere else at a different price and with a different guaranty of quality. We have a choice.
WOW, Is this a history thread now? ?

Regarding my expectation, the company assured me the cells are 2020 production and capacity test and matching will be done before shipping.
I am married to a Chinese woman and I can tell you that a lot is lost in translation. It doesn't matter what you thought they assured you. The culture is different and what we think are normal contractual understandings are entirely different in a Confucian culture. We have a choice to understand and accept or chose to not do business. It is unreasonable to have an expectation that we, with a 300 year history with the common law, can change a culture with 3000 years of history.

Wow! Where did all of that come from and why directed solely at me when I was agreeing with someone else? I just don't get it and I will stand by what I said. The supplier should know what they are selling. Don't get me wrong, I am empathetic towards the Chinese people and I have no problem receiving new cells a couple of years old since I didn't ask for a recent production! If I had asked for a recent production and was told that is what I was going to receive, then received cells a couple years old I would be disappointed.

WOW, Is this a history thread now?
It did not start out that way. But to do business in a foreign country it helps to understand history and the culture.. Ten years ago, long before I had my first Lithium batrery,, I was involved in a $30 million multiyear transaction in Korean. My mentor was a friend from high school who had become head of HP in Korea and I learned a lot from him. Much of it was about history and some about Confucius.

Wow! Where did all of that come from and why directed solely at me when I was agreeing with someone else?
It was not directed at you, but offered for the benefit of other readers. I did not agree that a supplier in China should know what they are selling. Yes that is a normal expectation in the USA. but not in dealing with Chinese merchants.
I can't change your expectations or the expectations of the original poster and I don't need to either. If the shoe fits, wear it. My responses were intended as general comments. The quote I picked was for the purpose of illustrating the concept and not intended as a personal attack.

Last edited:
Regardless of history, I believe this seller fully understands what a purchase agreement is and the importance to us that the agreement be honored .... but none of this has anything to do with the title of the thread. I has become seriously diverted and that subject matter will be hard for an interested person to find.
This whole date code and contract discussion should have been a separate thread.

Yes, and for what it is worth, I clamp my cells. My apologies for the hijack.
It was already hijacked before you chimed in ..... I really don't want to be the thread police and don't really know how to split off the thread without loosing context .... so, i guess it is what it is.

This whole date code and contract discussion should have been a separate thread.

I agree and sometimes I have been so wrapped up in the discussion I forget the thread title. Remember that Chargery thread back in July and you made the same point? You were right then too. I think the best approach is to suggest to a poster who is way off topic to start a new thread and that's what I should have done. I am looking forward to an update from @miky and perhaps he could start a new thread with the update. But this thread is so far gone now I wonder if it matters?

I agree and sometimes I have been so wrapped up in the discussion I forget the thread title. Remember that Chargery thread back in July and you made the same point? You were right then too. I think the best approach is to suggest to a poster who is way off topic to start a new thread and that's what I should have done. I am looking forward to an update from @miky and perhaps he could start a new thread with the update. But this thread is so far gone now I wonder if it matters?
You've got a better memory than I do about that ....LOL I guess I would vote for @miky to start another thread with his results and post a link to it here. That way this thread doesn't continue off track and interested people can still follow the subject.

Sounds like the best solution to me. But I don't think my memory is any better....lol. My memory of that thread was triggered because of another discussion about balancing cells. So I had to find it and I bookmarked it. I think that's the best hijacked thread ever...lol. But agree it should not happen in the first place.

@miky is posting in this thread:

There, I have linked it and it's more appropriate for him to continue the discussion in that thread. I look forward to his updates in that thread.

Sounds like the best solution to me. But I don't think my memory is any better....lol. My memory of that thread was triggered because of another discussion about balancing cells. So I had to find it and I bookmarked it. I think that's the best hijacked thread ever...lol. But agree it should not happen in the first place.

@miky is posting in this thread:

There, I have linked it and it's more appropriate for him to continue the discussion in that thread. I look forward to his updates in that thread.
I already posted there,The reason I came to this thread was to find out about the QR code. Maybe I start QR code related discussion there

It's hard to know what is a sidetrack and what is relevant information for a given thread.

The subject of the QR code and how to unravel what it means could probably be a thread of it's own.

I already posted there,The reason I came to this thread was to find out about the QR code. Maybe I start QR code related discussion there

It's already been started there and in my opinion it's okay to continue there since your concerns are all related to Basen. Thanks.

I received an answer on my qeustion, send directly to EVE.

As you can find from the attached picture, the cells are fastened tightly when assemble from cell into a pack, the fixture is a simulation of the real usage situation and cells are fastened tighly by steel band. The 300kgf= 2940N is a force from outside.

Back