diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280A cells black Friday sale.

That does look to be to a good deal, especially if you can wait 45 days.

Last edited:
That does to be to a good deal, especially if you can wait 45 days.
How do you calculate 45 days? I went to the site and found no 45 day shipping requirement, appears to be ready to ship from USA.

How do you calculate 45 days? I went to the site and found no 45 day shipping requirement, appears to be ready to ship from USA
Strike that. That was for Grade B cells arriving in 45 days that I mistook for Grade A cells due to how they were placed in the pulldown menu.

I was just at the site, looks too good, I have been waiting for a USA seller, did ask for quote..

That is a good deal! I see they also have 230Ah for $119 + $53 shpd to Cali.
BTW, the 45-day one is $139 each for 280K, from China.

Last edited:
Somehow memories from dealing with my Chinese electronics has left a foul taste for dealing with offshore sellers.
I have been hoping that Elon Musk would build a LFP factory here...in Nevada

wow that is a good price, asked for quote shipped to canada! I have 4 banks of 16 currently, same cells, they perform well but I am quickly finding out that on bouts of cloudy days its NOT ENOUGH STORAGE

You can buy some for me ?
I am taking a punt on the REPT grade B cells, will see if they are better or worse than the super duper grade A cells from Docan that were swollen.
I have them in my cart too, I told them to notify me the day they receive them, Dec 7th, then I will make the payment right away, I hope there will be no shipment delay.

I asked him rept or ganfeng B grade cells and why, here is his reply -
Both cells are testing around 290Ah so you can't go wrong with either.

Ask them about the WH as well not just AH, if they are 290 AH you should be getting at least 900WH. If so you are set. Make sure you get that writing.

What you don't want is 290AH but only 840 WH. Must have 896WH or more for full capacity.

UPS just delivered them.
So, ordered on the 16th and delivered on the 19th is pretty impressive.
I'll take photos when I unpack them.

UPS tried, but failed to damage them.
IMG_3146.JPG
TaDa
IMG_3159.JPG
With the supplied studs, which I'll talk about in a moment
IMG_3162.JPG

IMG_3179.JPG
About those studs, and this isn't a criticism, just an observation and a warning. The tapped holes in the mounting go all the way through, so if you use bolts or are a bit careless with the studs, they might go through the top of the casing insulation with the possibility of a short. The pictures explain it better.

IMG_3166.JPG
IMG_3171.JPG

I used a plastic ruler under the stud as a gauge to set the depth. As I said just a warning.IMG_3183.JPG.
I did a quick voltage check, and they all came in at 3.295V (y)
Going to be busy tomorrow. ;)

Back