diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280A cells black Friday sale.

Thanks Tim

Hey am I seeing things or did you post 1400w first ?
so 2800w it is I will have to get quite a few things running to get that high on the test bench
a heat gun and a small heater should do it

1500w for the heat gun
1200w for the ceramic heater
and 100w just for the inverter to be on.

Still no reply either from email or chat on 18650 Battery Store's warranty. If they cannot answer an email or their own chat service, I got no idea how to get in touch with them for any kind of warranty service. Would have liked to support an American business but Docan and Gobel answer any questions within 24hrs.

Finally got an email reply and it was in response to our chat conversation.

FWIW when asking about the warranty and their somewhat confusing disclaimer in terms of service " ... "as is" and without warranties of any king ... "
Their reply is that "The 30 day warranty covers your ability to return the cells to us for any reason for a full moneyback guarantee.
Best Regards, ".

I'm good with that. Time to place an order.

Last edited:
Well the test is over and I pulled 282ah . I am charging them up again and will run it again . I lost all my data before I could get a pic of the tablet . but the info was solid I watched it till the bms stopped it . its charging back up now but my signitur solar 18amp charger is not working out too good . its only been putting out 6.2 amps and it shut offs at 53.4 volts and says the battery is 100% . I emailed signature solar and we will see what they say .

Dan

I do not hear or feel any liquid sloshing sounds when I rotate the cells. What about you guys?

Still no reply either from email or chat on 18650 Battery Store's warranty. If they cannot answer an email or their own chat service, I got no idea how to get in touch with them for any kind of warranty service. Would have liked to support an American business but Docan and Gobel answer any questions within 24hrs.

Finally got an email reply and it was in response to our chat conversation.

FWIW when asking about the warranty and their somewhat confusing disclaimer in terms of service " ... "as is" and without warranties of any king ... "
Their reply is that "The 30 day warranty covers your ability to return the cells to us for any reason for a full moneyback guarantee.
Best Regards, ".

I'm good with that. Time to place an order.
Shortly after receiving the above email in response to our chat conversation, I received another email from 18650Battery Store regarding both the original week old email, and our recently lactluster chat conversation. It was a fairly long winded reply regarding bloating, runners, and grade B cells, in general. In short form, it appears not everyone at 18650Battery Store was happy with the decision to offer lesser grade cells, fearing it might diminish their reputation as a high quality retailer, so to mitigate possible harm to their reputation, they took a lot of care in choosing and 'binning' their grade B cells. With that, it was also stated since these are grade B cells, and you obviously get what you pay for, they can only guarantee capacity of the grade B cells.

Just received another email; 18650Battery Store will, in fact, have 30day full warranty coverage on the B grade cells.

To my ears, and their long winded reply, it became apparent they care about and want to build their business. Maybe a bit understaffed when it comes to answering emails and chat (sorry, but that really does need attention), but yeah, it does appear they care about what they are doing.

Ordered 32 of the eve304. Fingers crossed that they have minimal bloating, and an active balancer will take care of any runners.

Last edited:
Not only a discount but a US seller with a good reputation.
Couldn't resist a 16 cell order :giggle:
I almost bought cells from them. I really like the terminals but I went for a cheaper option. I got grade B 280 ah cells from Docan. They ship from Texas. I'm not trying to rain on your parade. Just saying for the benefit of those looking to buy cells. I do envy you for those terminals. Should be no issues stripping threads.

My grade A Eve cells are pretty well balanced after 56 cycles considering I didn't top balance them before installing. Much more balanced than my year old pre-built 280Ah battery with grade B cells. I'm planning on ordering 48 more of these cells next month.

20230111_020433.jpg

The B grade eve304, from 18650Battery Store, arrived today. Only had time to look at a dozen of them. Don't yet have a setup to measure capacity or IR. Voltage wise, one measured 3.293, another 3.294 and the rest 3.295. Born on dating of 11-30&31-2022.

A few are not exactly flat as their jelly rolls are showing, but I'm thinking this is a totally different issue that bloating.

So far, all studs are in good shape and the exterior of the cells are blemish free. The shipping boxes provide decent protection from the men in brown.

B is etched over the barcode.

eve304_2.jpg
xx
eve304_3.jpg

xxx

eve304.jpg

Checked voltage on the remaining cells and the vast majority are 3.295 with a few outliers at 3.293, one at 3.296, and one out of the ballpark at 2.773. The cell reading 2.773 was in the last box and oddly enough, I got the faint smell of fingernail polish when pulling the cells from that box. When giving the 2.773 cell the sniff test, it does faintly smell like fingernail polish. It's not a strong odor, but it's definitely there. The vent seal looks in place and there is no visible damage, or bloating and the other cells in that box do not smell. Odd. Guess I'll be pulling the other 31 cells out again for the sniff test and keeping a close eye on that one.

Checked voltage on the remaining cells and the vast majority are 3.295 with a few outliers at 3.293, one at 3.296, and one out of the ballpark at 2.773. The cell reading 2.773 was in the last box and oddly enough, I got the faint smell of fingernail polish when pulling the cells from that box. When giving the 2.773 cell the sniff test, it does faintly smell like fingernail polish. It's not a strong odor, but it's definitely there. The vent seal looks in place and there is no visible damage, or bloating and the other cells in that box do not smell. Odd. Guess I'll be pulling the other 31 cells out again for the sniff test and keeping a close eye on that one.
Maybe you should mark that one with some borrowed fingernail polish?
Of course that would skew the results of future sniff tests. So, maybe not a good idea. lol

Of course that would skew the results of future sniff tests. So, maybe not a good idea. lol
IIRC, LiFePo4 electrolyte is supposed to smell like fingernail polish, so yeah, being an outlier and the smell does concern me.

All the cells should be labeled and notes taken on each, especially fingernail polish 2.773V cell.

I like using letters: A, B ,C... because cell position in a battery is a number (cell #1 on negative battery end).
Good notes are very useful, especially when diagnosing issues.

A big red marker (red duct tape or similar) on positive end is surprisingly helpful preventing mistakes.

Well, if you do find issue with the cell, I hope we will find out how good the customer service of 18650 is.

All the cells should be labeled and notes taken on each, especially fingernail polish 2.773V cell.

I like using letters: A, B ,C... because cell position in a battery is a number (cell #1 on negative battery end).
Good notes are very useful, especially when diagnosing issues.

A big red marker (red duct tape or similar) on positive end is surprisingly helpful preventing mistakes.
The voltages were all taken about the same time/temp and are written on a piece of masking tape on the battery. If I decide to buy the stuff needed to test capacity and IR, I'll keep notes written on the batteries and on a ledger. My mind is like a steel cage ... and the bottom is rusted out.

Well, if you do find issue with the cell, I hope we will find out how good the customer service of 18650 is.
Good luck with that.
They still dont answer emails or the chat box.
I have one cell that only pulls 278 ah. I have sent multiple emails and sat until I couldnt waste anymore time in the chat box. Everything goes unanswered.
I even tried to explain to them I wasnt demanding a refund, I only wanted to get some help and would even pay a good portion to get a cell that would better match the other 3.
Been 6 days since the first email, but since I have never gotten a reply to the ones I sent over a month ago I am not holding my breath.

Back