diy solar

diy solar

Eve 280AH capacity testing

You want your loads to shut down before the BMS. Do something like telling your inverter to stop at 12v, and the BMS to disconnect at 11.6v. It really depends on how you want to run your assembled battery. The BMS should only trigger if all else fails.
That's the plan once I completed the capacity test. I was seeing if anybody did anything different for just this approach to safely squeeze every bit of Ah out of our batteries for the test. Once the battery is completed and in the system my inverter will be setup to safely shutdown before the BMS has to.
Thanks!

Question for you guys, what are you setting your BMS pack undervoltage at? I have an Overkill Solar and it defaults as 10.0V and individual cell at 2.8V. Is 10.0V too low or should I set it to 12.6 according to the thumbnailed LifeP04 voltage chart for a capacity test?

Thanks
If you are doing capacity testing, I would use 2.5v, 3.65v for cell cutoff, and 10v, 14.6v for battery pack settings. You should always hit the cell disconnect before the pack disconnect. Capacity testing is of course intended to go to the limits, normal daily use and I would use different values.

Reactions: Dzl
If you are doing capacity testing, I would use 2.5v, 3.65v for cell cutoff, and 10v, 14.6v for battery pack settings. You should always hit the cell disconnect before the pack disconnect. Capacity testing is of course intended to go to the limits, normal daily use and I would use different values.
That's exactly the plan. After this i'll set the overcharge pack voltage to 3.6v with the BMS and undercurrent will be set to 12.6 by the inverter. I just want to see what i get out of these!

Back