diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280AH cell has low voltage after storage.

I use a Batrium BMS and can see the cell voltage sag pretty easily when charged full and discharge occurs. You won't see it as much of course once below 3.4V until you get to the lower knee. Same with charging, 304's tend to run more than the 280's from the data I have.

Don't get me wrong, these cells are perfectly fine for use in a solar system. It's just the little things that you see from different cells. I still recommend the 304's over the 280K given the price point and test results I have. I just don't care for someone saying the 280K were somehow sold dishonestly when the lowest cells I tested all came within 1% of the stated capacity. I received what was advertised. Does the same person measure the beer in each bottle before they drink it to see if it is outside a 1% window of the stated volume?

Over time, the 280K might actually have longer cell life, better balance and less voltage sag compared to the 304's. Or the 304's might indicate the cells are far superior to the 280N or 280K.
i cannot compare to the 280's, as i have skipped them on purpose...
only thing i can compair them with , is my CALB 150's , which were ordered for airplane use , but never used..
i see no difference in behavior under high load on charging or discharging , my seplos bms, together with Solar Assistant pulling from the bms gives me a pretty good insight...
that being said, i could have simply fortunate with my cells...
i do have quite a few cells from multiple vendors

Back