diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280ah Cell Storage SOC

sshibly

Solar Enthusiast
Morning from Sunny Balmy West Michigan,

I test my EVE 280ah cells and I got 272ah out of them 4s1p config before I was too sleepy and stopped.

I charged them and added back 100ah,

I am guessing I am at 110 ah give or take a few amp hours.

Is this SOC
110/280 = 40% approx good for storage?

My solar stuff is not here yet, I will have to wait till they get here to use them. it will be anther 3 months.

Danke,
I added another 18ah, the batt was a 3.1 before adding 18 ah, I am going to check voltage EOB today after the cells have time to settle down.
I connected them in parallel with Sh$tty bus bars XUBA sent, I need to measure Ohms across the bus bars.

I wish I had a milling machine, hmm, maybe I can use the bench drill press to mill out copper flat stock and make a few bus bars.

Danke,
I added another 18ah, the batt was a 3.1 before adding 18 ah, I am going to check voltage EOB today after the cells have time to settle down.
I connected them in parallel with Sh$tty bus bars XUBA sent, I need to measure Ohms across the bus bars.

I wish I had a milling machine, hmm, maybe I can use the bench drill press to mill out copper flat stock and make a few bus bars.
Copper bar stock is soft and apparently quite easy to cut and drill. About $70 for a 6 foot bar, a circular saw and a drill have produced some good results for others.

Back