diy solar

diy solar

EVE 280Ah with different terminals directly from EVE Energy- any experience?

Svalbard

I just get an offer directly from EVE Energy for 16 280Ah Cells with the terminals shown on the picture. I would like their 304Ah cells, but they do not weld themselves so then I have to order from Amy at Luyuan instead (with normal studs). That is no problem, however, I got interested in the look of those terminals. Maybe they are not so sensitive for tightening the bolts as the normal studs? Anybody have experience with those?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    15.4 KB · Views: 53
I just get an offer directly from EVE Energy for 16 280Ah Cells with the terminals shown on the picture. I would like their 304Ah cells, but they do not weld themselves so then I have to order from Amy at Luyuan instead (with normal studs). That is no problem, however, I got interested in the look of those terminals. Maybe they are not so sensitive for tightening the bolts as the normal studs? Anybody have experience with those?
I have no experience with them, but they look interesting. Do you know what the posts are made of? Stainless Steel? Even if they are aluminum, there are two screws and deeper threads so it should help avoid the stripping problems.

Also, do you happen to know the size of the threaded holes? If they are M8 that would be nice as well

However, those posts will hold bus bars and cables further up from the pad, giving them more leverage to damage things if there is movement.

Two Tapped holes per terminal. Interesting.

are bus bars Included or offered as an option? If so, will they allow a 8 X1 configuration only or is there a separate bar drilled different to allow 4 X 2?

I have no experience with them, but they look interesting. Do you know what the posts are made of? Stainless Steel? Even if they are aluminum, there are two screws and deeper threads so it should help avoid the stripping problems.

Also, do you happen to know the size of the threaded holes? If they are M8 that would be nice as well

However, those posts will hold bus bars and cables further up from the pad, giving them more leverage to damage things if there is movement.
I would trade my standard threaded terminals for those new attached terminals in a heartbeat IF:

-they are composed of aluminum
-they are welded to the cell terminal (ideally by Eve themself, but any professional high-volume welder would be OK.

I agree that if using solid busbars, the increased height combined with any mechanical stress could be a concern, but I’m using short 2/0 battery cables with lugs, so no concerns for me there…

Would parallel bus bars fit terminal to terminal with no overlap? I would like that.

They are made of 1060 Aluminium. M6 holes. Welded by EVE company. I got an offer directly from EVE US$125,50 per pc plus US$ 1.100,- shipping as dangerous goods. No one else can find a shipping company that can deliver to my place in Norway? I tried Amy at Luyuan, but she still struggles finding a shipping possibility. I would like to have the 304Ah cells, but from EVE they come with no studs or holes.

I see now you have to click on the picture to see the whole.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    34.2 KB · Views: 48
I got an offer directly from EVE US$125,50 per pc plus US$ 1.100,- shipping as dangerous goods. No one else can find a shipping company that can deliver to my place in Norway?

That might make your choice right there. The ability to get the cells at all might make any extra work needed for appropriate bus bars and such moot. Bleedingly expensive shipping, but at least possible, and should still be well ahead of premade batteries on a cost per watt hour basis.

They are made of 1060 Aluminium. M6 holes. Welded by EVE company. I got an offer directly from EVE US$125,50 per pc plus US$ 1.100,- shipping as dangerous goods. No one else can find a shipping company that can deliver to my place in Norway? I tried Amy at Luyuan, but she still struggles finding a shipping possibility. I would like to have the 304Ah cells, but from EVE they come with no studs or holes.

I see now you have to click on the picture to see the whole.
If I ever purchase more cells, it will be these. The fact that they are welded by Eve is a big plus. Looks like they’ve decided the DIY and powerwall market is worth taking seriously.

Once members like Svalbard have secured some of these new Eve-welded cells, I’ll be interested to understand what levels of torque they are able to apply (without issue) to those 1060 Aluminum M6 threads…

I got some of these cells, they are nice, downside is that they are aluminum so they can strip just like the old holes in the terminal.

BUT... you have 2 holes, and heck enough meat to possibly drill a third hole...

I got some of these cells, they are nice, downside is that they are aluminum so they can strip just like the old holes in the terminal.

BUT... you have 2 holes, and heck enough meat to possibly drill a third hole...
Any space to put a nut underneath? I assume they would have to be drilled through and tapped.

Back