diy solar

diy solar

Eve 280's expansion per cell?

Solarfun4jim

Solar seduced :-)
My reading of xuba's supplied datasheet on the EVE 280 cells, suggests a difference in thickness of 0.5mm between 100% SOC and 30% SOC. The cells themselves can vary +/- 1mm also, irregardless of SOC.
@cinergi @HaldorEE
Can either of you folks give me your 'average' cell expansion(ie per cell), between these two states of charge please? Trying to determine how close to the 0.5mm, it works out in practice.
Thanks

My reading of xuba's supplied datasheet on the EVE 280 cells, suggests a difference in thickness of 0.5mm between 100% SOC and 30% SOC. The cells themselves can vary +/- 1mm also, irregardless of SOC.
@cinergi @HaldorEE
Can either of you folks give me your 'average' cell expansion(ie per cell), between these two states of charge please? Trying to determine how close to the 0.5mm, it works out in practice.
Thanks

its varying by which corner of the cell I measure at but I have up to 2mm of difference for a 4s battery from 0 to 100%. Minimum of 1mm.
* it’s important to note that the initial decrease from 100 to 0 was higher. The cells need to get to a lower SoC in order to turn into a more perfect rectangle and then will stay that way from that point on. The test 8s config I just did consists of cells at 100% - 4 were under compression and 4 weren’t. Even though they’re under 400 pounds of force the 4 that were under compression are nice and tight and square. The others aren’t! I’ll share a photo or video in my build thread soon.

its varying by which corner of the cell I measure at but I have up to 2mm of difference for a 4s battery from 0 to 100%. Minimum of 1mm.
* it’s important to note that the initial decrease from 100 to 0 was higher. The cells need to get to a lower SoC in order to turn into a more perfect rectangle and then will stay that way from that point on. The test 8s config I just did consists of cells at 100% - 4 were under compression and 4 weren’t. Even though they’re under 400 pounds of force the 4 that were under compression are nice and tight and square. The others aren’t! I’ll share a photo or video in my build thread soon.
@cinergi
Thanks, thats exactly what i needed/expected....sort of confirms my 0.5mm/cell (y)

Back