diy solar

diy solar

Eve Energy Co., Ltd.

Pneuma

Hello all! I was on Alibaba going through battery cells option and going back and forth with Xuba and Basen Technology when I noticed the the EVE actuall store cells those cells but they are at a higher price! now Im wondering why Xuba and Basen are selling theirls so cheap. also the batteries from Eve Energy Co., Ltd. are Un ul ce iec.

Has anyone had experience with this company?

Please let me know. Thank you.

Ok so I talked with Jeffery LIu at Eve Energy Co.,Ltd and he is selling 280Ah cells for$ 250-270$ so I asked him why his prices are so high and he said:

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:12

Other distributors are not sure whether it is sold by our company.

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:13

Even second-hand, the battery cells obtained by dismantling the machine.

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:13

Many of them are Class B/c products in the previous market.

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:14

We will not make any comments on the goods and prices in the market.

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:14

I can only tell you that only those sold from me are guaranteed, brand new and Class A products.

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:15

So you can judge for yourself.

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:18

Only our engineers know the encoding algorithm of two-dimensional codes.

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:18

Therefore, we have no obligation to judge the battery cells sold from our company.

I asked him about their Certifications...

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:52

Un ul ce iec

Jeffery Liu2020-10-23 13:52

We also have ce certification system
......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
I aslo talked with Amy from Xuba and asked her why their price was so much cheaper and she said:

Wan Amy2020-10-24 00:26

We have a long-term cooperative relationship with EVE. Each time we order at least 1,000pcs 280AH from EVE, so we get the wholesale price.

Now I would like to believe him and her but its just not sitting well with me the price differences are crazy!

What do you all think? Please let me know :)

I Just asked Amy if their batteries were Un ul ce iec listed/certified and I am waiting for an asnwer. I will post the update when I get an answer.

What if your actual Goal or Purpose for doing all of this ?
Curiosity ? You want to tick off vendors ? You want to have reduce sales of EVE sales because you're a competitor who is raising muck for nothing? Getting a good deal from companies that buy in lots of 1,000 to 5,000 cells at a time and passing that on to customers with a lower markup is not good enough ? You are the first person to do such things here and it is quite odd.... there must be a sub-agenda that you have...

And people wonder why Manufacturers DO NOT WANT TO TALK WITH PUBLIC ?

FOR THE CURIOUS: Here is the link to the EVE Store on Alibaba pointed at their LFP cells.

Curiosity ? You want to tick off vendors ? You want to have reduce sales of EVE sales because you're a competitor who is raising muck for nothing? Getting a good deal from companies that buy in lots of 1,000 to 5,000 cells at a time and passing that on to customers with a lower markup is not good enough ? You are the first person to do such things here and it is quite odd.... there must be a sub-agenda that you have...

And people wonder why Manufacturers DO NOT WANT TO TALK WITH PUBLIC ?

FOR THE CURIOUS: Here is the link to the EVE Store on Alibaba pointed at their LFP cells.
You nailed this one. (y)

oops forgot the link, LOL. plus

FOLKS: Do Not PESTER vendors or manufacturers, asking questions is fine, trying to stir muck between them is not. Chinese Businesses are NOT like Western Businesses, there is a completely different mentality, process & rules. You cannot force them to do it the "Western Way" and don't even try. Many people have failed at doing business in China and elsewhere because they refuse to understand the corporate culture and everything behind it. You know: When in Rome, Do As the Romans ! NOT When in Rome, have the Romans do it "Our Way"...

Once you understand and appreciate the Mentality, Philosophy & Practices and have a handle on what "FACE" means to Businesses & their people in China, you will find the Proverbial Golden Goose and you'll be on your way. Failure to understand such things will not lead to successful dealings over the long term.

For example I built personal relationships with some manufacturers, some vendors & suppliers. Heck I even know about their kids & their schooling, their spouses & parents for some of them. These relationships have helped grease the path for future buyers.... These relationships have resulted in improved & new products for US HERE ON THIS Forum and subsequently everyone else looking for stuff.

How did I learn to do business with the Chinese Industries ?
Thanks to the Computer Industry and the importation of goods / products and the growth of that sector from the late 1980's when it all started the big future. Understanding the culture was never more important because if you did not, you'd get swept out to sea in a hurry, at your expense. You have to meet them on "their ground" and understand the rules to play the game. Their culture is THOUSANDS OF YEARS OLD, not centuries, do not think for a moment you can dictate to them... There are no spotted Tigers, they all have stripes.

My goal is to get the product that I trust and I know where it comes from and why it is the price it is. If you are being presented with one product from two different places with two different prices, arent you going to be curious as to why? Yes I am curious and I do want to know why and also I want other people to know why. That is why I pasted my conversations so everything is out on the table. That is what is natural to me. It is so easy for me to stay in the bubble and not ask questions or compare. They are both on Alibaba they are both selling the same cells. They both are doing business together. If one says something and the other says something else then Im not going to buy from them because I cannot trust.

You want to tick off vendors ?
Why would I want to tick off vendors? Im about to spend all the money that Im saving on a solar system because I am moving soon and have no access to electricity, on batteries and the vendors... and Yes I am for sure going to ask questions and compare and get what is best for me.

You want to have reduce sales of EVE sales because you're a competitor who is raising muck for nothing?
I can assure you Im not a competitor You can call me or come here to where I live Or I can even give you a video tour to see my life and see for yourself. I did not even know about EVE cells until I joined this forum. Even if I was a competitor I would let my product speak for itself instead of bashing others or "reducing their sell" That is just tasteless and wrong however if their sell are impacted by questions well then they must be doing something wrong.

If they are telling the truth then Great! They will gain themselves another longlife customer(me) and probably many others who will read this post.

These are all pointless anyway. All I wanted to gain from this post is to see if anyone had any experience with these two company and If anyone has seen any difference between the cells.

Please let me know. Thank you for sharing your EXPERIENCES.

If you want to know my motive or you doubt me, please ask me seriously instead of coming to conclusions.

I will keep this post updated.

These are all pointless anyway. All I wanted to gain from this post is to see if anyone had any experience with these two company and If anyone has seen any difference between the cells.
No one on this forum that I know of has ordered directly from EVE. The majority have ordered from XUBA but there are other good suppliers. IMO, the price difference vs the risk of ordering directly from EVE is not worth it. If you have read posts from members that have ordered from XUBA and other suppliers you will notice the vast majority are happy. And the good suppliers stand by their sales just like EVE does.

Regarding the UL, I will be interested in Amy's response. I would suggest however to try to avoid commotion between EVE and XUBA. As Steve pointed out China has a very different culture and it's difficult to understand their business practices. Because of that EVE and AMY both could be telling the truth in their own way. EVE will not confirm or deny the suppliers we get the cells from are grade A EVE cells. It has been confirmed the cells XUBA is selling are in fact EVE cells and I suspect this is true of the other suppliers. If there were "copy cats" I would think someone would have discovered it by now.

I suspect, but am not 100% positive, the cells we get from the suppliers are grade A- for reasons we don't know. We do know they are not capacity matched but the ones tested all test at 280 amps or better. And the internal resistance of the cells tested by the supplier is very close to each other. For the price difference that's good enough for me. That's my 2 cents.

If they are telling the truth then Great!

The 'truth' is a rather, lets say, fluid concept in that both companies might very well be stating the truth, but they will not acknowledge that for one another. That's why you don't want to poke the proverbial wasps nest because some of this stuff is probably not fully sanctioned all across the board (i.e., gray market). There are several theories doing the rounds, and I have some myself, but in the end it doesn't matter. If you want to have the best possible cells, spend the money with EVE. If you want something that is for all intents and purposes (a solar system) just as good at a fraction of the price, go with one of the other vendors with the knowledge that these cells are not matched, you need to put some effort into balancing, that the cell manufacturing dates are spread out, and probably won't be able to use them in an electric vehicle or other very high current applications (i.e., not solar). Read the posts of those with first hand experience with these cells to make a decision.

Thanks Ya'll! I am still waiting for Amy's response. She used to answer my questions very fast until I asked about the certificaitions but you know life happens and what not so Im giving it few more days.

I’m curious to see if these EVE style cells have anything like the longevity of Winston/CALB/Sinopoly/GBS that i’ve seen last a decade in use as a house bank.
(we may not know if they are good value for 20 years yet!)

Thanks Ya'll! I am still waiting for Amy's response. She used to answer my questions very fast until I asked about the certificaitions but you know life happens and what not so Im giving it few more days.
I'm kind like you, I tried to find why so much differences in price. My conclusion is that...Eve is selling at a high price cause they keep the best cells for them and they certainly want to be a "quality brand" -> high price.
The other sellers got their battery on the grey market...they are perhaps lower quality batteries but...by how much..? Perhaps the corona let Eve with a lot of unsold stock...that has been sold at a far lower price to the grey market.... Who know, some people know ...for sure.
Now what is important, the cells quality, I think that for a solar system which is pretty cool on batteries...it should be fine and anyway..you'll find nothing as cheap...so.. it's a kind of a risk, perhaps they will fail in 2 years or 5 ..but I doubt it. You got to take risk sometimes in life, this is kind one of them...a small one.
I know it do not fully reply to your questions... Imagine it like a nike shirt from which the brand tag as been removed... A nike shirt which sell for 20$ is way overpriced vs the manufacturing cost...without tag they will sell at their realistic price. Perhaps nike is not the best example, here in France there are a lot of luxury brands that never lower their prices...but you can find some of them on the grey market without the brand tag...and God...they are cheaper, perhaps they are not as perfect as the one sold at 10x the price but they are good enought for me and I know they are properly builded...!

Manufacturers that sell their product direct and also use distributors usually don't discount the price when selling direct. If they did discount, it would piss off the distributors and their distributors would dry up. It doesn't always work like that, it depends on the distribution chain.

I'm kind like you, I tried to find why so much differences in price. My conclusion is that...Eve is selling at a high price cause they keep the best cells for them and they certainly want to be a "quality brand" -> high price.
I think that's pure speculation. I could tell you what I think but that would be speculating as well.

Thank you all.

I just know, based on their prices it should be a lot more than just a wholesale difference. The fact of the matter is that they are NOT selling the same cells. Eve Energy Co., Ltd seems to be selling their high quality cells and maybe their leftovers are sold to other distributors.

Today Amy finally answered my questions.

For certification they only have CE while Eve Energy Co., Ltd cells are Un,ul,ce,iec.

Also NO warranty on Xuba and a ONE year warranty from Eve Energy Co., Ltd

If I'm not mistaken Basen technology offers FIVE YEAR warranty. I'm curious as to how and why lol however their warranty is for Factory Cell Lifepo4 280AH 3.2V cell NOT Eve cells.

All in all I now know that there IS a difference regardless of their tries to make them look like they are the same cells.

You get what you pay for.

Last edited:
I think that's pure speculation. I could tell you what I think but that would be speculating as well.
Hi, you are right, it is speculation (I think i was clear about it) since I do not know what when where on this subject, I'm just speculating. I could hear your speculation too and see if it is more convincing...?

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken Basen technology offers FIVE YEAR warranty. I'm curious as to how and why lol however their warranty is for Factory Cell Lifepo4 280AH 3.2V cell NOT Eve cells
I ordered 17 Eve from Basen and the proforma give me 5 years of warranty, but I doubt they will fulfill it after one or 2 years.

Back