diy solar

diy solar

Eve Energy Co., Ltd.

EVE replied and said cells are LF280N
So the next step would be to get a quote from EVE for however many cells you need with shipping included. And if you do, ask them if the cells are UL listed (they are supposed to be if bought directly from EVE) and the UL logo is marked on each cell... :)

Last edited:
The clip below is from the web page you posted .... it shows they are charging more for the N cells .... So, I would be very sure I pinned them down on what you are getting when you ask for the quote.

Untitled.png

The clip below is from the web page you posted .... it shows they are charging more for the N cells .... So, I would be very sure I pinned them down on what you are getting when you ask for the quote.
Am I to assume that non "N" cells are not as robust according to heat tolerances?
I ask because we just suffered a heat wave in which the temps went above 41C and the Eve cells I have went up to 37 C for about 4 hours.
35C they said may harm the cells in the manual I got.

I am worried now dang it.

Thanks Bob. :)

Am I to assume that non "N" cells are not as robust according to heat tolerances?
I ask because we just suffered a heat wave in which the temps went above 41C and the Eve cells I have went up to 37 C for about 4 hours.
35C they said may harm the cells in the manual I got.

I am worried now dang it.

Glad I could help ;)

But seriously ... I don't know if they are less robust .... or if they just decided to include that information in the spec.

Glad I could help ;)

But seriously ... I don't know if they are less robust .... or if they just decided to include that information in the spec.
Dang it. So I might have killed them then? :eek::oops::cry:?

Dang it. So I might have killed them then? :eek::oops::cry:?
I doubt that you killed them .... higher temps will just reduce cycle life.

Going from memory without looking back, but I think the lower temps had an amazing 6000 cycles while the higher temps had 2500.

Going from memory without looking back, but I think the lower temps had an amazing 6000 cycles while the higher temps had 2500.
So I went from babying them to get 20,000 cycles [compression and only charging to 80 or 90% and down to 20 or 30%] to 2,500 cycles? Dang it that sucks. :cry:
Ok thanks Bob.

So I went from babying them to get 20,000 cycles [compression and only charging to 80 or 90% and down to 20 or 30%] to 2,500 cycles? Dang it that sucks. :cry:
Ok thanks Bob.
I doubt you have that many sweltering hot days up there ..... and your babying them should still be buying you something even on the hot days ..... probably something else going to get you before the batteries die....LOL

I doubt you have that many sweltering hot days up there ..... and your babying them should still be buying you something even on the hot days ..... probably something else going to get you before the batteries die....LOL
Thanks. We just had the worse heat wave ever in BC. Over 40 C for three days here. It was not fun for many.
We broke a lot of records. [And some CD's and DVD's also :p LOL]
Ok thanks for your input Bob. :)

Now waiting for August when it REALLY gets hot LOL.

probably something else going to get you before the batteries die....LOL
Also, I expect to live another 30 years [out live your enemies is the best revenge LOL].
So I will probably get the [finally made] solid state batteries by then LOL :)

So the next step would be to get a quote from EVE for however many cells you need with shipping included. And if you do, ask them if the cells are UL listed (they are supposed to be if bought directly from EVE) and the UL logo is marked on each cell... :)
There has been some back and forth emailing going on. The old LF280L is now LF280K.
I was honest from the start stating i wasn't a big buyer and only needed a small quantity. They seemed fine with that but did ask if i has access to laser weld the studs myself which i don't. Emails then shifted to me going through a supplier of theirs. Waiting for contact.

I checked my messages this morning and EVE have stated price is $147 per cell plus shipping but not sure if that is N or K.

There has been some back and forth emailing going on. The old LF280L is now LF280K.
I was honest from the start stating i wasn't a big buyer and only needed a small quantity. They seemed fine with that but did ask if i has access to laser weld the studs myself which i don't. Emails then shifted to me going through a supplier of theirs. Waiting for contact.

I checked my messages this morning and EVE have stated price is $147 per cell plus shipping but not sure if that is N or K.
Interesting. I forgot they were mentioned in the forum. There are suppliers on Alibaba selling them and I posted the link to one of them. I don't think anyone has a spec sheet yet.

Interesting. I forgot they were mentioned in the forum. There are suppliers on Alibaba selling them and I posted the link to one of them. I don't think anyone has a spec sheet yet.

That link has a really good price. Here is the LF280K specs.

Attachments

• LF280K (3 2V 280Ah) Product Specification(Version B) (1).pdf
    980.2 KB · Views: 13
Specs say 1,800 cycles at 45 degrees and 1c.
I never do 1C I can't LOL. Charging is done at 15 amps max. And discharging averages 25 to 30 amps 95 % of the time with an occasional 70 amps rarely.
This is for an 24 volt, 8 cell 280 Ah battery.

Also it was 37 Celsius for about 4 hours. This includes sitting in my place cooling off as well. It took them over two hours in my place before they went down to 35C.

What is your educated guess on the damage?

Thanks for the info.

EDIT: for missing info

I just realized something. 2,500 cycles right? So charging them once a week would be 48 years. And charging twice a week is at least 24 years.
You know what? They might out live me yet LOL.

I have now been put through to Herculese energy who apparently are an EVE dealer. $143/US. Not sure which model he is talking about yet.

I have now been put through to Herculese energy who apparently are an EVE dealer. $143/US. Not sure which model he is talking about yet.
If they are the newer cells and UL listed then I would think that's a good price. I haven't seen any cells come UL listed from any supplier.

Back