diy solar

diy solar

Eve Energy Co., Ltd.

Hi, you are right, it is speculation (I think i was clear about it) since I do not know what when where on this subject, I'm just speculating. I could hear your speculation too and see if it is more convincing...?
I speculate they all come from the same warehouses and not directly from EVE. Where the warehouses get's them from I don't know. That part is pure speculation. China has a different culture and their business dealings are much different and there are things we will never know.

I do believe these are grey market cells and not grade A cells. But they are a very good value as opposed to ordering directly from EVE. I do not believe one supplier is selling better cells than the next supplier. There is no proof of that and people receiving cells from the different suppliers are getting cells that are the same.

I ordered 8 cells from the group buy and they came from Basen. The cells are no different from people who have received EVE cells. Even the labels are pretty much the same...the biggest difference of course being the serial numbers. That much I am sure of.

I ordered 17 Eve from Basen and the proforma give me 5 years of warranty, but I doubt they will fulfill it after one or 2 years.
Here is some more speculation. If a cell doesn't fail within a short time chances are it will never fail until it reaches it's end of life unless it is abused. Generally end of life is when the cell reaches 80% capacity. Of course they can be used beyond that for some time.

If one doesn't compress the cells then one should expect to get 2000 full cycles from the cell. That is more than 5 years if one does a full cycle every day. This is why Basen can gamble with a 5 year warranty.

It is important to check them over when received, top balance them then capacity test them in case there is an issue. Or at least capacity test the cells individually. If there is a problem it's best to get it resolved with the supplier asap after receiving the cells.

Thank you all.

I just know, based on their prices it should be a lot more than just a wholesale difference. The fact of the matter is that they are NOT selling the same cells. Eve Energy Co., Ltd seems to be selling their high quality cells and maybe their leftovers are sold to other distributors.

Today Amy finally answered my questions.

For certification they only have CE while Eve Energy Co., Ltd cells are Un,ul,ce,iec.

Also NO warranty on Xuba and a ONE year warranty from Eve Energy Co., Ltd

If I'm not mistaken Basen technology offers FIVE YEAR warranty. I'm curious as to how and why lol however their warranty is for Factory Cell Lifepo4 280AH 3.2V cell NOT Eve cells.

All in all I now know that there IS a difference regardless of their tries to make them look like they are the same cells.

You get what you pay for.
If you recieved the reply from the account "Amy Wan" today, be aware this is NOT Amy.

Amy is nolonger with Shenzhen Xuba since a few days ago.

Did you end up buying direct from EVE?

I'm kind of surpised at the flack this guy is getting. Not everyone is buying cells to play around in their garage. Quality and reliability is important. Why pay 80-90% of the new price for used cells?

Did you end up buying direct from EVE?

I'm kind of surpised at the flack this guy is getting. Not everyone is buying cells to play around in their garage. Quality and reliability is important. Why pay 80-90% of the new price for used cells?
I believe buying directly from EVE is going to be super expensive. Most of us have bought commodity cells and as far as I know all of the commodity EVE cells people have received have been new old stock. I bought 8 EVE cells from Michael last October and paid less than $850.00 including shipping. My weakest cell tests at 272ah's but I am happy with that for the price I paid and there were no signs they had been used.

NOTE: Amy has her own company and it's been awhile since she worked for Xuba. As far as I know no one at Xuba is using her account. Amy is selling Grade A EVE cells but they are more costly than commodity cells. It all boils down to what one is willing to pay for the cost per kwh and there are many options for cells manufactured by various comanies and sold by a variety of suppliers. I recommend Amy and Michael for cell purchases based on what I have seen. I am not saying other suppliers are bad but one needs to research the forum and come to their own conclusions.

I believe buying directly from EVE is going to be super expensive. Most of us have bought commodity cells and as far as I know all of the commodity EVE cells people have received have been new old stock. I bought 8 EVE cells from Michael last October and paid less than $850.00 including shipping. My weakest cell tests at 272ah's but I am happy with that for the price I paid and there were no signs they had been used.

NOTE: Amy has her own company and it's been awhile since she worked for Xuba. As far as I know no one at Xuba is using her account. Amy is selling Grade A EVE cells but they are more costly than commodity cells. It all boils down to what one is willing to pay for the cost per kwh and there are many options for cells manufactured by various comanies and sold by a variety of suppliers. I recommend Amy and Michael for cell purchases based on what I have seen. I am not saying other suppliers are bad but one needs to research the forum and come to their own conclusions.
According to their Alibaba site, their cells are only $4 more each compared with Amy. I have actually purchased other cells off Amy and happy to give my future business but if the price difference is so small things change a bit.
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...06.html?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.38403e5fedugVA

The cheaper cells look like they are the old 280's. The 280N's are significantly more expensive.

Which ones is Amy selling? Are you sure you are comparing apples to apples? What type of terminals do the ones directly from EVE have?

I don't know which ones they are supplying yet. Do you think a 3rd party supplier will sell a better product than manufacturer?

The cheaper cells look like they are the old 280's. The 280N's are significantly more expensive.

Which ones is Amy selling? Are you sure you are comparing apples to apples? What type of terminals do the ones directly from EVE have?
Amay just said "The new version EVE cells"

The "N" new version of the cells on the EVE site were the ones that are $200 each. Might be worth asking EVE what the manufacture dates are on the regular 280's.

I don't think the resellers can even get the old version of the 280 any more ..... so, not a fair comparison.

I didn't say anything about what was better ..... you are comparing prices of different models of the cells.

What is the difference between them? I'm not going hard on charge or discharge current at all.

What is the difference between them? I'm not going hard on charge or discharge current at all.
I have the spec sheet handy for the newest one LF280L. I don't know if this cell is available. But the cycle life is interesting. I will also attach the spec sheet for the LF280N and the older LF280.

Attachments

• EVE LF 280L.pdf
    3.6 MB · Views: 17
  • EVE LF280N-72174 Specification.pdf
    682 KB · Views: 12
  • LF280 (3.2V 280Ah) Product Specification(Version E)-2019.7.5 (1).pdf
    789 KB · Views: 13
I have the spec sheet handy for the newest one LF280L. I don't know if this cell is available. But the cycle life is interesting. I will also attach the spec sheet for the LF280N and the older LF280.
yeah .... they are no longer showing compressed VS not compressed cycle life .... they are assuming compression and showing how much difference temperature makes.

6000 cycles at 0.5C for the 280L is great. At my house we would hardly ever pull 0.5C

EVE replied and said cells are LF280N

Back