diy solar

diy solar

EVE identifies Grade B cells using new marking Method [Reposting from General]

I don't know why you discount it as a sales pitch.
The Seplos logo was on the front of the video. It was that simple. I think they are a reseller but I may be underestimating his credentials. I do agree with your statement on another post that half the capacity for less than half the price can be a bargain.

Sorry! I'm missing one premise: most DIY batteries. Some factories with few EV battery companies can still create their best batteries for you, like Winston. But now the most cutting-edge technology of LiFePO4 batteries exists in battery factories capable of manufacturing EV batteries. It is almost impossible for you to buy EV batteries from them. If you pay more attention to the news, you will know that the global EV industry is in short supply. , either the chip or the battery. The odds that we as individuals will be able to buy EV batteries are simply too low. It's not a question of how much money you give, it's a question of whether the battery factory is willing to give it to you.
We've already established with hard evidence that you can buy cells which are EV grade / pass the EV standard for cells, and come with test reports to prove it, from a few smaller suppliers (sunfunkits, luyuan, and directly from EVE themselves - also possibly seplos).

I don't know where you are getting your information from, but without some kind of evidence to refute the hard evidence we have on hand, I find your claims difficult to accept.

I have seen that video before and discounted it as a sales pitch. I agree he says something about 28 days for the formation process Other videos have suggested Panasonic/Tesla can do the formation process in less than ten days. There also have to be some that don't make it past the initial CT scan. Where those end up in the grey market is anybody's guess. He does not say they all make it through the 28 day process. Perhaps there is some binning during that time.
One of the two videos linked says the test can be done in TWO ways, let them sit at 25C for 28 days *OR* let them sit at 45C for 7 days (IIRC).
They also say the 28 day method is more reliable. Make from that what you will.

One of the two videos linked says the test can be done in TWO ways, let them sit at 25C for 28 days *OR* let them sit at 45C for 7 days (IIRC).
They also say the 28 day method is more reliable. Make from that what you will.
So we do not know for sure which factories do which process. Is is possible that some might do the seven day process to do an initial binning and then do a more thorough process with the remaining cells to ensure quality. Depending on how many cells do not make the first cut it could save some valuable floor space to be used for a product that will get a higher price. This is just a hypothetical for the benefit of other readers. I have no expectation that any of this will change your mind. I have always believed that the cells that i purchase were binned very early in the formation or testing process. I will stand by that opinion until the Coulombs come home.

:)

Yeah not much of a concern if it pulls full capacity. However the cell quality can be very different compared to Automotive grade tested cells. It just depends on luck also. And the cells we get are always 1-3yrs old (may not be used but not new stock). So it is a gamble, but for Solar DIY projects with low C rates, it is probably fine.

Real grade A cells from EVE will accompany with factory test reports as given below and will be fully matched. The report has 3 IR values and Tested Capacity.
View attachment 95596

You can get these Automotive Grade A Cells with test report from EVE directly or SunFunKits.

I was interested if EVE has started marking their Cells that fail the grade A test because now it will be easy for us to identify. According to one of my supplier they have started marking recently, but others have not said anything. Have to just wait and see.

If EVE really does it then it will be very interesting for the market because, suppliers cannot simply tell their cells to be Grade A, like they do all the time now if the QR is intact.
I tried buying from EVE last week. They only sell to businesses, and vet them. Direct buy from EVE is not available to us DIYers

I tried buying from EVE last week. They only sell to businesses, and vet them. Direct buy from EVE is not available to us DIYers
Of course not. These people won't even talk to you unless your buying in quantities of like 1000 and up.

I just have a different perspective.
Ok, I just wasnt even clear anymore where our perspectives differ :D

Of course not. These people won't even talk to you unless your buying in quantities of like 1000 and up.

@Maitake - Thats really weird, who did you deal with? They were happy enough to quote me and continue to send me their promotional emails!

Ok, I just wasnt even clear anymore where our perspectives differ :D

@Maitake - Thats really weird, who did you deal with? They were happy enough to quote me and continue to send me their promotional emails!
Alecia Cheng is who I dealt with at EVE

I think they have a MOQ. They quoted me for 100pcs 100Ah cells. There are two stores in Alibaba, EVE energy and EVE Power. I think EVE Power is the one who sent me quotes. Example:
1653441781811.png

Finally I didn't buy from them as they cannot weld the LF100LA terminals with studs/drill screw holes and I needed to arrange my own customizations at a third party location.

In the US, you have many options, just get real Grade A from a known third party supplier like SFK or Amy@ Luyuan because they will offer you better customization and packing for international shipping. The Box packing of EVE is terrible and they will also not offer you welded terminal options if the model does not have factory welded options. They do have a factory welded terminal option on LF280K but does nothing to protect those welded terminals during shipping as seen here:
1653442500628.png

People on this forum already ordered directly from EVE before and had shipping damages. Example (above pic is from this post):
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/h...e-eve-energy-co-ltd-lf280k-16s-damaged.33981/

As per the EVE sales personnel their packing is sufficient only if the boxes are in a crate,. So they expect you to order at least one crate if you want no damages. I think you can see those crates in the SFK video also.

I think they have a MOQ. They quoted me for 100pcs 100Ah cells. There are two stores in Alibaba, EVE energy and EVE Power. I think EVE Power is the one who sent me quotes. Example:
View attachment 95720

Finally I didn't buy from them as they cannot weld the LF100LA terminals with studs/drill screw holes and I needed to arrange my own customizations at a third party location.

In the US, you have many options, just get real Grade A from a known third party supplier like SFK or Amy@ Luyuan because they will offer you better customization and packing for international shipping. The Box packing of EVE is terrible and they will also not offer you welded terminal options if the model does not have factory welded options. They do have a factory welded terminal option on LF280K but does nothing to protect those welded terminals during shipping as seen here:
View attachment 95721

People on this forum already ordered directly from EVE before and had shipping damages. Example (above pic is from this post):
https://diysolarforum.com/threads/h...e-eve-energy-co-ltd-lf280k-16s-damaged.33981/

As per the EVE sales personnel their packing is sufficient only if the boxes are in a crate,. So they expect you to order at least one crate if you want no damages. I think you can see those crates in the SFK video also.
I used the link from the EVEbattery.com website. I'm guessing you aren't buying from EVE the battery manufacturer, but somene riding the name.

Interesting.
They were not interested in selling 52 LF280K to me.
Yeah it's weird, they had no trouble quoting me for 64 cells and continue to email me about extra factory stock now and again. But again you may have dodged a bullet given the shipping mentioned above :)

EV or Automotive cells will last nearly twice as long as rejected cells that become classified as Telecom cells.
Here is a graph on it. This is at 1C Discharge and Charge.
View attachment 95597
Batteries like the ones in the EG4 are clearly labeled as Telecom cells by the manufacturer gangfeng Lithium
http://www.ganfenglithium.com/pro3_detail_en/id/173.html
This Data comes from their own UL Application.

As I said it's no big deal if you get half the life for half the price. It might even be a bonus as who knows what new cells will be capable of in 5 years.

Ha! robby you better watch out, if you keep posting truths your going to get the boot!

I think they did at one time, but have no clue on how to pack them, 1 guy here got some and they were all busted up:

so they probably fired the guy who sold them and then decided to do business to business only.

Honestly, years ago I stopped trying to figure out what they do over there. You might be dealing with EVE, you might be dealing with someone who is a liquidator for EVE or it could be the CEO's pet company and he is running a sideline business. Any of them using the real companies address and credentials.. None of the above would be unusual in China.
The mistake westerners make is that there is Black and White and shades of Grey when doing business in China. The reality is it is all Shades of grey and then occasionally you get someone doing some Black stuff and that typically ends with them being executed or doing a lifetime jail sentence.
Most of the Grey stuff they do would land you in jail for a lengthy time in the US and EU but in China it's just considered common business practices.
As I said in another post, China is one big Ferenginar and once you understand that you stop using western logic and use the greed philosophy instead.

Last edited:
The mistake westerners make is that there is Black and White and shades of Grey when doing business in China. The reality is it is all Shades of grey
There is a Confucian philosophy which is a different way of thinking than our Western thought process.

Back