diy solar

diy solar

EVE identifies Grade B cells using new marking Method

DSmartLife

Yesterday I got a new information from my supplier. I was supposed to order EVE LF230 (230Ah) cells from them. But it seems there has been a change on how EVE is sending out rejected cells (Tested to be lower than Automotive Grade) for auction to the Chinese market (grey). According to the new information EVE has started marking the letter "B" on the QR code of LF230 and LF280K cells that were being auctioned. I have attached the pictures below.

f6094625609c4929da81fff3af185bcc.jpg

8e0e8b25e7cc24e7c73544f723e7c190.jpg

Inkedf6094625609c4929da81fff3af185bcc-1_LI.jpg

It looks like they have also scratched off the serial number part. However the production date code is still intact, which is good for us. CATL has been scratching off the entire QR codes on their Grade B cells, but I think this is a new step from EVE.

If anyone has got this new info, please share. We need confirmation if this is going to be the standard going forward.

If EVE is really taking this step, then we will see huge changes in the market, as all of the cells that we get are these rejected cells that are being auctioned off at a much lower price. But all of the sellers claim these cells to be Grade A and are selling at a huge profit margin. However most of these unused cells will pass our capacity test and is still suitable for Solar ESS, so we really cannot complain. We will have to see how they handle this new marking of the reject cells. Note that there are a few legitimate Grade A suppliers like SunFunKits or buying directly from EVE Energy Co. As far as I know, all the other suppliers send us these non-automotive Grade B cells.

Is there a guide to translate that numbers and letters on the QR Code label on the EVE cells into something understandable?

Last edited:
Yes. You can Decode as follows:
1653352605088.png

Date Code is as follows:
Character#1: 9, A, B, C: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022
Character#2: 1-9: Jan-Sep; A-C: Oct-Dec
Character#3: 1-9: Day 1-9; A-V: Day 10-31

This is a standard format and works on most cells from EVE, Ganfeng, CALB, CATL etc.

Easy way is to just use this online Decoder:
https://www.gobelpower.com/lifepo4_decoder.html

Thanks,
Dennis

Yesterday I got a new information from my supplier. I was supposed to order EVE LF230 (230Ah) cells from them. But it seems there has been a change on how EVE is sending out rejected cells (Tested to be lower than Automotive Grade) for auction to the Chinese market (grey). According to the new information EVE has started marking the letter "B" on the QR code of LF230 and LF280K cells that were being auctioned. I have attached the pictures below.

View attachment 95191

View attachment 95192

View attachment 95193

It looks like they have also scratched off the serial number part. However the production date code is still intact, which is good for us. CATL has been scratching off the entire QR codes on their Grade B cells, but I think this is a new step from EVE.

If anyone has got this new info, please share. We need confirmation if this is going to be the standard going forward.

If EVE is really taking this step, then we will see huge changes in the market, as all of the cells that we get are these rejected cells that are being auctioned off at a much lower price. But all of the sellers claim these cells to be Grade A and are selling at a huge profit margin. However most of these unused cells will pass our capacity test and is still suitable for Solar ESS, so we really cannot complain. We will have to see how they handle this new marking of the reject cells. Note that there are a few legitimate Grade A suppliers like SunFunKits or buying directly from EVE Energy Co. As far as I know, all the other suppliers send us these non-automotive Grade B cells.
This is the guide from EVE for the end user to know what is the battery level they get.

View attachment 95191

View attachment 95192

View attachment 95193

Well stated. Any updates (factual).

Looks like I have a chance to buy some real B cells... At 150 shipped per cell for 230s I'm likely going to stick with prior distributor, just wish they had US stock.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221026-212141.jpg
    Screenshot_20221026-212141.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 30
  • -878245010255005781.jpg
    -878245010255005781.jpg
    510.9 KB · Views: 28
  • -876934003-1260231429.jpg
    -876934003-1260231429.jpg
    435.7 KB · Views: 27
Apparently this post was reposted from General to
There is an extended thread at the link above.

Back