Eve LF280K 6000cycle rated for solar at .5C 32cell build

michael d

Solar Addict
I just ordered 32 cells with double busbars through Alibaba. The price was less than the Lishen cells and I ordered them with the welded-on screw holes, 20mm long m6 set screws, and serrated flange nuts. It will be about 60 days or so before they arrive.
I will be assembling a 32 cell 280Ahx4cells=1120 Ah battery at 25.6volt nominal using 32 cells 4P8S.
The total cost was $4243.19 including their service tax/fee delivered to South Dakota USA.
This makes the average delivered price = $132.60 dollars per 3.2Volt Eve LF280K cell.
3.2x8=25.6 nominal volts.
280Ah x 4 = 1120 Ah in parallel groups of 4 cells.
1120 Ah x 25.6 volts = 28,672 Wh battery potential capacity. they are reported to have more than 280 Ah capacity potential.
The plan is to use the Electrodacus SBMS0 as the BMS.
All will be off-grid.😎

066logger

You’re building the exact battery setup I have. Except I have the welded studs not threaded holes. And FilterGuy helped me through the bms mess, and so much more (thank you FilterGuy!!) we ended up doing 4 overkill bms’s. I love it. Having the 4 bms’s ensures I’m never pushing them hard at all. Typically my max load is 80a total. 20a per bms. I have went higher by shutting off individual batteries and running singly just to check temps. But everything so far has worked exceedingly well. A million times better than my old fla batteries. This is after doing 2 loads of laundry running a dehydrator all day well pump for probably 30 minutes, insta pot for 30 minutes Fridge, freezer all day, microwave for 5 minutes, toaster, lights tv you name it. And I think they were at like the same charge percent this morning, (I have it adjusted conservatively if you noticed). Now my biggest problem is I just need more panels 🤣! More power to charge this awesome battery!

Attachments

• EA42AEF3-56B2-4ED2-907A-432C8C2EC366.png
    EA42AEF3-56B2-4ED2-907A-432C8C2EC366.png
    608.6 KB · Views: 14

066logger

Oh also, you notice 10 battery cycles? I put the batteries in service June 26 lol. Looks like im not going to be too worried about them cycling to death

michael d

Solar Addict
Here is the new specification sheet for the Eve LF280K cells. The specification sheet is a pdf file so one can open enlarge etc. I am not sure if this is already on the forum or not but here it is at any rate.
These cells weigh 5.42kg each;
so 32cells x 5.42kg/cell = 173.44 kg which is approximately 381.568 pounds.
I chose the welded-on screw holes as they had slightly more surface contact area than the welded-on studs. This will be a bit better for the busbar contact. I was interested in the welded-on stud version but they were out of stock and would slow the order a few more days .... hahaha .... still takes 60 days or so on the slow boat ride from China to the USA!
Hope this information will help others in the future.😎

Attachments

• LF280K (3 2V 280Ah) Product Specification( Version B ).pdf
    542.4 KB · Views: 16

michael d

Solar Addict
5 days after order the batteries are being shipped. On 9/13/2021 the boat ride begins. see how long it takes them to arrive to port in the USA.

michael d

Solar Addict
Grade A
This will be the 2nd time I ordered 32 cells from this seller. I specifically asked the seller and they are new grade A cells.
I do not have these in my possession yet.😎
I bought them through Alibaba.com so I have had good success through this method, but the shipping time delivery time is long. one(the buyer) has to have a lot of patience. I expect most of 60 days before they arrive at my location.

nnhan114

Well, the price 132,6$ per cell was totally surprised me. Because EVE grade A the selling price is $0.55/Ah (not including shipping cost). And you can get it for $0.474/ah (including shipping cost). This is a surprise

koobs

Solar Enthusiast
Grade A
This will be the 2nd time I ordered 32 cells from this seller. I specifically asked the seller and they are new grade A cells.
I do not have these in my possession yet.😎
I bought them through Alibaba.com so I have had good success through this method, but the shipping time delivery time is long. one(the buyer) has to have a lot of patience. I expect most of 60 days before they arrive at my location.
Every seller will state their cells are Grade A++ Super Cells +++ Amazing top quality.
Don't take what they say for absolute truth.
Reassuring you've bought from them and been satisfied though.
What seller was it?

michael d

Solar Addict
ryan zeng
Every seller will state their cells are Grade A++ Super Cells +++ Amazing top quality.
Don't take what they say for absolute truth.
Reassuring you've bought from them and been satisfied though.
What seller was it?
ryan zeng

michael d

Solar Addict
Maybe I can set up a group buy to negotiate a good price. Have to have patient buyers as I can not absorb the huge price. and expect a 60 day wait for the delivery, due to customs and the slow boat ride. 😎more later,