diy solar

diy solar

EVE LF280K Capacity Test

atti

I bought some grade A EVE LF280K cells from Jenny and when I tested two of those cells I found their capacity around 270Ah, these are brand new never been installed and I am told they are grade A and they also look like it. Is this normal? I was expecting them to atleast be 280Ah if not exceed their rating.

Testing was done using Junsi 4010DUO @ 25A in 3 steps, 1) Full charge to 3.6v, 2) Full discharge to 2.5v and then finally 3) Full charge to 3.6v.
Both the cells I tested fared around 270Ah.

I also used this method to test few of my other grade b cells bought from AliExpress (scam) from last year and most of them tested over 280Ah, some of them going over 300Ah too. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here.

I can see many videos online but has anyone here on the forum tested it like I am doing.

Yeah you've got Grade A- cells.
Grade A is nominal capacity or better
Grade A- is under nominal capacity but not by much (like 275-ish on 280 cells)
Grade B is (used) trash.

At leasts that's how Amy sorts them and I can verify her capacity tables are accurate.

I have no idea if your tester is accurate. Will recommends one off his page here.

I use a dl24p https://www.ebay.com/itm/394091997554
IMO the DL24p is accurate. Am opinion because I never calibrated it.

I bought some grade A EVE LF280K cells from Jenny and when I tested two of those cells I found their capacity around 270Ah, these are brand new never been installed and I am told they are grade A and they also look like it. Is this normal? I was expecting them to atleast be 280Ah if not exceed their rating.

Testing was done using Junsi 4010DUO @ 25A in 3 steps, 1) Full charge to 3.6v, 2) Full discharge to 2.5v and then finally 3) Full charge to 3.6v.
Both the cells I tested fared around 270Ah.

I also used this method to test few of my other grade b cells bought from AliExpress (scam) from last year and most of them tested over 280Ah, some of them going over 300Ah too. Not sure if I am doing something wrong here.

I can see many videos online but has anyone here on the forum tested it like I am doing.
Docan cells test this way, some as low as 263, also they are short on WH as low as 785.

But not to blame solely everything on Docan the 280K cells are just worse than the previous 280N. Even Grade A with manufacturer reports are not testing to 280, usually 278ish.

So I would say as long as you did not pay more than $110ish per cell you did ok.

Back