diy solar

diy solar

Eve LF280K cells 6000 cycles?

TheJeremy

Hi I'm new here.

It's about time for me to upgrade from lead to Li. I'm looking at purchasing 16 cells. I haven't decided on the bms yet but being tight for money I'm currently looking into diybms.

A bit of reading has convinced me that the cheapest cells aren't likely to be a good option. It's likely I'll purchase from Luyuan.

I was looking at different options. Are bulk cells where someone buys a container or so from the factory, then sells them off? Is this a bit of a lottery?
The more expensive cells from the same factory, are they matched somehow at the factory?

Luyuan have the new LF280K cells, and one thing I noticed was they say they are rated for 6000 cycles whereas the older ones are listed as rated for 3500 cycles.

Does anyone know anything about this? Info from an alibaba seller doesn't mean that much to me, but I've heard from elsewhere about cells now being rated for 6000 cycles so maybe there is something in it? It would be worth paying the premium if it's true.

Hi I'm new here.

It's about time for me to upgrade from lead to Li. I'm looking at purchasing 16 cells. I haven't decided on the bms yet but being tight for money I'm currently looking into diybms.

A bit of reading has convinced me that the cheapest cells aren't likely to be a good option. It's likely I'll purchase from Luyuan.

I was looking at different options. Are bulk cells where someone buys a container or so from the factory, then sells them off? Is this a bit of a lottery?
The more expensive cells from the same factory, are they matched somehow at the factory?

Luyuan have the new LF280K cells, and one thing I noticed was they say they are rated for 6000 cycles whereas the older ones are listed as rated for 3500 cycles.

Does anyone know anything about this? Info from an alibaba seller doesn't mean that much to me, but I've heard from elsewhere about cells now being rated for 6000 cycles so maybe there is something in it? It would be worth paying the premium if it's true.
amy isnt just an "alibaba" seller, but is working actively with some forum members here, and she is the only one i know that sells matched and batched grade a cells...

bulk cells are just that : a gamble

that being said, i would expect someone to look in the resources section where one can find all kinds of resources , such as spec sheets, test reports etc...

</ end sarcasm mode>

Bulk Cells can come from a factory (not grade qualified) or blemished etc. Battery Brokers also buy end runs, off-grade, new old stock, used cells and sometimes even "repack" them with new labels and a "funny" QR label.

Factory to Vendor requires set contracts with deliverable targets and the MOQ (Minimum Order Quantities) apply typically 5000 cell lots.
Factories can & do Matching & Batching they are setup for that by default, it takes time to run the cycle tests and then to sort the cells accordingly and that adds cost. NOTE that usually ends up adding 50% to the cost of the cell but with big batches that can be reduced (as is the case with Luyuan who passes it on). If a 3rd party company does it, then that adds 50% + because the cells which don't match, go to the Bulk Cell Bin, for cost recovery.

Some Ref info for you.

Hope it helps, Good Luck
Steve

The chinese manufacturers in general look at the competition, and match the specs or go a bit higher.

Irrelevant anyway as good luck getting warranty at all, let alone after 16 years!

I bought the LF280N from Dongguan Lightning, and they provided me with the battery test data, and the capacity can reach 290Ah. But recently, it seems that LF280K was newly released, so I went to consult Hayley of Dongguan Lightning. She said that they both have LF280N and LF280K in stock.

I bought the LF280N from Dongguan Lightning, and they provided me with the battery test data, and the capacity can reach 290Ah. But recently, it seems that LF280K was newly released, so I went to consult Hayley of Dongguan Lightning. She said that they both have LF280N and LF280K in stock.

She shared with me the specifications of 280N and 280K. There may be some differences in size and cycle life. In addition, she also said that 280N is more suitable for energy storage in terms of parameters, and 280K is more suitable for power?

I have to recommend her Hayley from Dongguan Lightning again, she looks very young lol...More importantly, she is very patient to answer all my questions. She is the best! link to her:https://shandian.en.alibaba.com/pro...?spm=a2700.shop_plser.41413.55.76591c39WD9Ab2 This is the link of LF280N, of course you can ask her LF280K

She shared with me the specifications of 280N and 280K. There may be some differences in size and cycle life. In addition, she also said that 280N is more suitable for energy storage in terms of parameters, and 280K is more suitable for power?

I have to recommend her Hayley from Dongguan Lightning again, she looks very young lol...More importantly, she is very patient to answer all my questions. She is the best! link to her:https://shandian.en.alibaba.com/pro...?spm=a2700.shop_plser.41413.55.76591c39WD9Ab2 This is the link of LF280N, of course you can ask her LF280K

I know you! ahahah Yes, I agree with you, I finally placed my first order from Dongguan lightning, I also do business with Hayley, and she can reply to my message in time even if it seems to be late in China.

Unfortunately, what I bought is another product CATL302Ah 310Ah? ? So I may not be able to answer your question, but I searched for suppliers on Alibaba, and I found it was really amazing, because some suppliers of the same product sell very high, some sell low, I guess some suppliers don’t Honestly :rolleyes:, what I said was that they told you the battery you wanted but in the end you received another battery. So I always believe that quality reflects price

Hint, this is a falsehood. These are ESS Class cells. period. ESS Energy Storage Systems, typically 1C Rated cells. EV Rated LFP can handle up to 5C and YES much more $$.

Sample of a proper cell test report.
1627391371460.png

Both models require perfect compression at a specified PSI during the charge and discharge cycle to achieve that many cycles. I know EVE has a test jig that will accomplish this but I can't afford it :)

Hi I'm new here.

This rating isn't JUST from the word of the seller ..... She has attached the EVE spec sheet ..... So, if it isn't accurate, EVE has it wrong in their specs.

As noted by others, compression and temperature make a big difference also and that is outlined in the spec.

Hint, this is a falsehood. These are ESS Class cells. period. ESS Energy Storage Systems, typically 1C Rated cells. EV Rated LFP can handle up to 5C and YES much more $$.

Sample of a proper cell test report.
View attachment 57854

lol I looked back at my chat with Hayley, yes, I said the opposite, 280K is more suitable for energy storage.

BTW is this a 280N test report?

Here is the 280N sheet. I don't know if the 280K has been attached in this thread, but attached it too.

Attachments

• EVE LF280N-72174  Specification.pdf
    682 KB · Views: 72
  • LF280K (3 2V 280Ah) Product Specification( Version B ).pdf
    542.4 KB · Views: 116
Hello Steve, I have seen many people send EVE test reports here. The report you sent is 280N or 280K?
That's a Grade-A Cell Matching report on N series. Which model is MOOT, that is a proper matching report.... not just a screen image of a YR1035 reading of cells.

I’ve just finished my install of a 4s 280ah Luyuang system with a <$20 Daly 60a BMS. I didn’t do any of the stuff/processes required with bulk cells.
Everything looks great.

I know you! ahahah Yes, I agree with you, I finally placed my first order from Dongguan lightning, I also do business with Hayley, and she can reply to my message in time even if it seems to be late in China.
I also just placed an order with Hailey. Agree, her service is excellent.

K are 3 mm taller and the posts are farther apart. Have to wonder what they did to double cycle life. Maybe they changed the test.

6000 cycles... You intend to leave the batteries in your last will to your children? Even if you did cycle the batteries down each night and up each day, which you wont, it is 16 years.

Instead of who gets what jewelry .... it'll be all about who gets the batteries ...LOL

Back