diy solar

diy solar

EVE or LISHEN

juanmijm

Hello, I am about to buy 280ah cells, but I can't decide if it would be better to buy EVE or LISHEN, from everything I have read in the forum it seems that EVE is the king of purchases here, but there are also people who have bought LISHEN and there are no negative comments about them, the sellers I have in mind are Dongguan, Basen and Senberry.

Senberry tells me it only has LISHEN cells because EVE has stopped selling.
Dongguan and Basen offer me both EVE and LISHEN, the price is very similar, 5 $ difference in favor of LISHEN, and both tell me that they are both of the same quality, Basen tells me that the only difference is that LISHEN is focused to the Chinese market while EVE is for the international market.

What do you guys recommend?
Thanks

Last edited:
Translated to English:
Hola, estoy por comprar celdas de 280ah, pero no me puedo decidir si sería mejor comprar EVE o LISHEN, por todo lo que he leído en el foro parece que EVE es el rey de las compras aquí, pero también las hay. personas que han comprado LISHEN y no hay comentarios negativos sobre ellos, los vendedores que tengo en mente son Dongguan, Basen y Senberry.

Senberry me dice que solo tiene celdas LISHEN porque EVE ha dejado de vender.
Dongguan y Basen me ofrecen tanto EVE como LISHEN, el precio es muy similar, 5 $ de diferencia a favor de LISHEN, y ambos me dicen que ambos son de la misma calidad, Basen me dice que la única diferencia es que LISHEN está enfocado a el mercado chino mientras que EVE es para el mercado internacional.

¿Qué recomiendan ustedes?
Gracias
Hello, I'm about to buy 280ah cells, but I can't decide if it would be better to buy EVE or LISHEN, from everything I have read in the forum it seems that EVE is the king of purchases here, but there are also. people who have bought LISHEN and there are no negative comments on them, the sellers I have in mind are Dongguan, Basen and Senberry.

Dongguan and Basen offer me both EVE and LISHEN, the price is very similar, 5 $ difference in favor of LISHEN, and both tell me that both are of the same quality, Basen tells me that the only difference is that LISHEN is focused on the Chinese market while EVE is for the international market.

What do you recommend?
Thank you

My english reply:
I am using Google translaste, so I appologize for any errors. We do not have significant history with the Lishen Cells on this forum. However, I have not seen any negative results with them either. I would say they are somewhat unknown. I have been very happy with my EVE cells for the last few months.

The most important consideration, is the seller. A trustworthy seller will stand by their product.

Mi respuesta en español:
Estoy usando Google Translaste, así que me disculpo por cualquier error. No tenemos una historia significativa con las células Lishen en este foro. Sin embargo, tampoco he visto ningún resultado negativo con ellos. Yo diría que son algo desconocidos. He estado muy contento con mis células EVE durante los últimos meses.

La consideración más importante es el vendedor. Un vendedor de confianza respaldará su producto.

I'm sorry, the translator has played a trick on me and I have published in Spanish when I wanted to have do in English, I have already edited it in the main post.
I see that there is not much history of lishen in the forum, so I appeal to whoever has them, it would be good to know how they go, since it seems that from now on they are going to sell a lot.

I've exchange 1 chat with Basen. They have SEVERAL listings for their batteries and many appear to be near exact duplicates.
I'm not sure this is a tactic to simply fill up search result screens with more of their listings than a competitor, but I don't personally like it.

However, they have separate listings for Lishen at both 272ah and 280ah nominal capacity. I thought it may be a typo, so I inquired and they replied that when the battery sets are 'matched' you will get 280ah capacity. I'm assuming the are 'prime bin' selections from their testing?
Even if it isn't true, The EVE are 6.6% higher priced for just 3% more capacity. But for just $5/battery, I'm leaning towards EVE just to be sure.

I like the idea of buying a spare.. but curious. Would rotating a couple batteries every few months extend the whole pack life or actually make it worse? I'm not sure it's even worth the hassle if it did.. :)

Hello, I am about to buy 280ah cells, but I can't decide if it would be better to buy EVE or LISHEN, from everything I have read in the forum it seems that EVE is the king of purchases here, but there are also people who have bought LISHEN and there are no negative comments about them, the sellers I have in mind are Dongguan, Basen and Senberry.

Dongguan and Basen offer me both EVE and LISHEN, the price is very similar, 5 $ difference in favor of LISHEN, and both tell me that they are both of the same quality, Basen tells me that the only difference is that LISHEN is focused to the Chinese market while EVE is for the international market.

What do you guys recommend?
Thanks
EVE cells are popular because they are (1) cheap, (2) available, (3) high capacity and (4) familiar
Beyond this there is nothing special or especially attractive about them.

Lishen cells satisfy 1, 2, and 3, but not yet 4. Almost nobody has experience with the Lishen cells so far, but it is worth remembering, less than 1 year ago nobody knew of the EVE cells. If the EVE cells go away or become expensive, more people will begin buying Lishen cells or other brands, and if they are decent quality the crowd will move to them. One trusted forum member is currently testing Lishen cells, so this should provide some more information.

You can learn more about all the different LFP manufacturers and types of cells here
Both datasheets are available here

Here are two of their ads, both for Linshen at same price $75.20, but one lists 272ah nominal voltage, and the other 280ah nominal voltage.

I guess they are selling matched and unmatched sets?
Aimee Lee2020-11-09 11:05

Hello Michael, many thanks for your inquiry.
For Lishen, the standard capacity is 272Ah, but when we match capacity, it will over 280Ah, I will send some information for your reference tomorrow morning.

This is very common from what I have observed, many listings for the same cells. I'm not entirely sure why suppliers do this. I suspect that keywords may have something to do with it (you could search Lishen 272Ah or Lishen 280Ah and would get a result).

Lishen, EVE, ETL are all common cells and have been available for years as "manufacturer brands" and are all good companies. They are all comparable and have been making cells for storage & even EV's for a few years. Do remember that LFP R&D and improvements came hard & fast in China due largely to the boost for NEV's and LFP is used in many of the EV's available in China and now going towards export (CATL & BYD Packs in EV's). Even Tesla China is producing Model-3's with LFP for Chinese Domestic & Export models. CATL & BYD cells cost more, the CATL CTP & BYD Blade packs are NOT Available to buy retail either.

Matched & Batched cells will cost you at minimum $50 more per cell. It s a long drawn out process of testing & evaluation prior to matching up cells for Voltage & Internal Resistance and more. NONE OF THE CELLS are Matched / Batched & Binned at these prices.

LUYUAN, a Known Good Vendor for example, sells CATL, EVE, Lishen cells. Like most others, these are GRADE-A NEW Cells but they are NOT Matched/batched or binned. They meet the Manufacturers base Grade-A Specs and have passed the basic evaluation but that's it. This is the primary reason that it is recommended to pre-balance these cells prior to assembly into packs. Top Balancing is the most common and workable method but some go deep and do both Bottom & Top Balancing.

Reference info for the curious.
BU-803a: Cell Matching and Balancing – Battery University
Pre-Balancing Cells | Orion Li-Ion Battery Management System

Hope it helps, Good Luck

Aquí hay dos de sus anuncios, ambos para Linshen al mismo precio de $ 75.20, pero uno enumera un voltaje nominal de 272ah y el otro un voltaje nominal de 280ah.
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/3-2V-280Ah-Batteries-Cell-prismatic_62556226025.html [/ URL]
[URL unfurl = "true"] https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...ml?spm=a2700.icbuShop.41413.24.75ed6b6dcxZLri [/ URL]

¿Supongo que están vendiendo conjuntos combinados e inigualables?
If you see the video of the 280ah article, it tells you that it is 272 lishen, but that capacities of up to 285ah have been verified in them, I think that having duplicate ads helps them to attract more customers, because it is easier for someone to search for 280 than 272.

Lishen cells are 272ah. Multiple suppliers have told me, shown me test results, and shown me videos of the Lishen cells testing at 285ah and higher.
However, given that they come from the factory billed as 272ah, I will sell them as 270ah to 272ah and if you test them higher than that ....Great!

So far 2 of the 4 I shipped to someone in the forum that has tested a LOT of Eve cells have now been tested.

His results were 274.9ah for the first one tested, and 276.2ah for the second one tested.

I will post the results of these two, and the other two when they have been tested, in the Group Buy Section where I will be starting a new thread for the Lishen 270ah-272ah cells.

Thanks for your answer, I am the founder of a new DIY group in Spain and we are planning a joint purchase from Basen, to buy about 150/200 units, and we are very undecided if it is worth paying $ 4 more for EVEs.
In reality we are not concerned with the capacity, if it is 272 or 280ah in the end it is practically the same, we are more concerned with the quality.

Lishen is known for derating the label, so it is not unusual to see higher capacity per cell when new. CATL, CALB and a few others do similar, it's typically 2-5% over the label capacity.

Some folks are mentioning that cells from certain vendors are "Matched" but are sold at the same discount as unmatched cells. Matching & Batching IS A COSTLY EXCERCISE and is always reflected in the sale price, no one eats $25 to $50+ per cell to sell them for $80.00 each. Often vendors call cells "Batched" because they come from the same Production Run/Batch. Some representatives do not even have the slightest clue of what Matched/Batched & Binned means.

The popularity & demand on EVE cells has put pressure on the supply chain which is reflected in the costs. The Lishen Cells are Good Quality cells (they also make versions for high output EV use) and you will see a few other brands at very good prices appear very soon because stock is available.

BTW: There is a bit of a shift in the LifePo manufacturing sector going on due to changing demands and some expected evolutions. The picture will be changing somewhat over the next 12 months.

BTW: There is a bit of a shift in the LifePo manufacturing sector going on due to changing demands and some expected evolutions. The picture will be changing somewhat over the next 12 months.

What does this mean? Any more info?

Basen said their EVE and Lishen are both the same A5 grade and not A1. She still did not say what it meant exactly.
I asked if these should retain 80% after 2000-2500 cycles in normal usage. I was just fishing for more potential info on this A5 label.
She only said that 2000-2500 cycles should not be a problem. I went ahead and ordered the EVEs.

Note, their ads simply state grade-A.

Capacity and internal resistance determine grade level. A grade typically means no blemishes, and meets minimum spec or higher. Each MFG has their own internal grading system that we don't typically have access to. I would guess A5 is the lowest of the A grades. Given the pricing that would make sense. EV applications would want top tier cells, and that's a common application of these cell types. EV busses and cheaper EV light cars.

I have never heard a manufacturer or another seller, refer to A1-A5. Even the distinction of 'A-' is only made by some. If I were you I would try to get some clarity on these terms. It may internal or industry wide sub grades (it may be A5 is what some others call A-), or it may be 'grade inflation' (most likely in my eyes).

• Sad
Reactions: Mow
If Amy from Luyuan wished to keep ahead of the pack of Eve/lishen cells suppliers, they could do worse than supply tinned copper busbars that would actually carry 1C on the 280AH cell(280A). Also studs with a small flange(instead of fiddly screws) such that when torqued down onto the solid busbar(6mm?), would be an exact fit for the cell depth. The flange would prevent stripping the cell thread or going too deep into the terminal. If selling to the DIY market, you want a unique selling point that instills confidence....imo.

Reactions: Dzl
I have never heard a manufacturer or another seller, refer to A1-A5. Even the distinction of 'A-' is only made by some. If I were you I would try to get some clarity on these terms. It may internal or industry wide sub grades (it may be A5 is what some others call A-), or it may be 'grade inflation.'
Same here. It does call for more speculation concerning the differences... :unsure:

Back