diy solar

diy solar

EVE or LISHEN

Also wondering if all vendors sell the CATL with studs or threads, or some just provide them as-is (so you have to laser-weld or create threads yourself)

So far, there are too many uncertainties for me yet for the CATL's, I'll just wait some longer (which is the best practice anyway due to upcoming CNY
Unless you're in a hurry, I won't recommend ordering before somewhere in march

I've ordered 17 CATL300, paid for one to be tested, so far this is the report I got:
1610073892056.png
I have already ordered test equipment to validate once I receive. I decided to take the chances. Worked with Selina from XUBA, they laser welded the terminals and sent a picture.

I've ordered 17 CATL300, paid for one to be tested, so far this is the report I got:
View attachment 32513
I have already ordered test equipment to validate once I receive. I decided to take the chances. Worked with Selina from XUBA, they laser welded the terminals and sent a picture.
How much did they charge for the capacity testing ?

What was the outcome? Ah / Wh ?

Will's review of Lishen 272 x 4s cells with a Daly Smart BMS.

One thing I noticed is that there was no gap between the cells, whereas all of my EVE 280 cells undulate on the long sides.

Last edited:
Will's review of Lishen 272 x 4s cells with a Daly Smart BMS.

One thing I noticed is that there was no gap between the cells, whereas all of my EVE 280 cells undulate on the long sides.

One of the first things Will says in the video is that they are EVE cells. Am I missing the Lishen connection?

One of the first things Will says in the video is that they are EVE cells. Am I missing the Lishen connection?
If you look in the comments, he updated and said they are lishen's. Good sign that the entire pack hit 280, I've got 16 lishen cells on order and would be very happy if all the cells were 280+.

If you look in the comments, he updated and said they are lishen's. Good sign that the entire pack hit 280, I've got 16 lishen cells on order and would be very happy if all the cells were 280+.
Ah OK. Thanks.

I seldom bother to read much of the comments. I would miss that every time.

which BMS will you be using?

Also wondering if all vendors sell the CATL with studs or threads, or some just provide them as-is (so you have to laser-weld or create threads yourself)

So far, there are too many uncertainties for me yet for the CATL's, I'll just wait some longer (which is the best practice anyway due to upcoming CNY
Unless you're in a hurry, I won't recommend ordering before somewhere in march
Why is it best not to order before Chinese New Year? My main concern is that it will delay despatch and delivery.

@ghostwriter66 did make a great post about this:

Basicly: Rusing to get things out before CNY, lesser quality control.
And yes, huge delays, especially if it's not out of China before CNY. Having it shipped by the vendor still can have delays further down the chain if it's not out of CN before CNY.

Yeah, Amy says her CATL s are grade b, with scratched of qr codes.

I wonder if prices will come down in March, am really in no big hurry.

Sad i had a quote of $72 for same lishens in November.
Indeed, i have various sellers that sell them as grade B... So when all other cells they sell as grade A are actually grade A-, B+ or so, i wonder what the outcome of the cells they sell as grade B will be. Grade C to our standards? I need another 144 cells, but won't take the risk with the grade B cells and stick to the 280 ones. Maybe i'll order a few of the 300 ones to test

For 144 cells I would place order 1 by plane and test before doing the full order.

Since most of the commenters on this thread indicate that you are ordering directly using Alibaba vs through one of the group buys please note that from my personal experience, if you have to raise issues with the vendor, take screenshots of all their responses. Irritatingly they can delete their responses as one did to me when they decided that a “pack” of a product meant 1 unit, not a standard retail pack of 5 units.

They deleted all their responses when I didn’t back down having received 20% of what I expected but thanks to screenshots I was able to file a complaint with Alibaba customer service who cancelled all charges after expressing that they themselves couldn’t believe what I received and how the vendor deleted all their responses.

Since most of the commenters on this thread indicate that you are ordering directly using Alibaba vs through one of the group buys please note that from my personal experience, if you have to raise issues with the vendor, take screenshots of all their responses. Irritatingly they can delete their responses as one did to me when they decided that a “pack” of a product meant 1 unit, not a standard retail pack of 5 units.

They deleted all their responses when I didn’t back down having received 20% of what I expected but thanks to screenshots I was able to file a complaint with Alibaba customer service who cancelled all charges after expressing that they themselves couldn’t believe what I received and how the vendor deleted all their responses.
Ouch!

Sorry you had to go through that.

As mostly a lurker here - working up my courage to switch from lead-acid to LFP - stories like yours make me pull back a bit.

Ouch!

Sorry you had to go through that.

As mostly a lurker here - working up my courage to switch from lead-acid to LFP - stories like yours make me pull back a bit.
Case like that are an "EXCEPTION" and not the norm.
We have several Known Good Reliable Vendors supplying our membership and they are openly discussed here.
Poor & Bad Vendors are also brought up but it helps when one turns out to be a "sheister" that they are IDENTIFIED with links to their site and Name them. Noone here reads minds !

First Rule is to Research a potential supplier/vendor to discover if they are "Known Good" with good reputation.
Second Rule, NEVER Impulse Buy ANYTHING ! There are always deals and not all deals are deals when viewed in hindsight.

Case like that are an "EXCEPTION" and not the norm.
We have several Known Good Reliable Vendors supplying our membership and they are openly discussed here.
Poor & Bad Vendors are also brought up but it helps when one turns out to be a "sheister" that they are IDENTIFIED with links to their site and Name them. Noone here reads minds !

First Rule is to Research a potential supplier/vendor to discover if they are "Known Good" with good reputation.
Second Rule, NEVER Impulse Buy ANYTHING ! There are always deals and not all deals are deals when viewed in hindsight.
Oh I know @Steve_S. One of the phenomenal things about this forum is that people share their experiences with vendors, both good and bad. I've been keeping a kind of mental good list and naughty list. Of the frequently-mentioned, it seems Amy at Luyuan is on the good list, and it seems to me that Basen may be heading for the bad list. I can't really tell about Xuba yet.

Since I'm now to the point of reading this forum every day for the past 3 months and have no immediate need, I don't think I'm at risk of any impulse buy. On the contrary, it seems more likely that I will remain a few feet away from the "buy now" button for some time to come.

Mmmm they can't recall comment in alibaba... Not after you read them, at least for what I experienced myself.

Oh I know @Steve_S. One of the phenomenal things about this forum is that people share their experiences with vendors, both good and bad. I've been keeping a kind of mental good list and naughty list. Of the frequently-mentioned, it seems Amy at Luyuan is on the good list, and it seems to me that Basen may be heading for the bad list. I can't really tell about Xuba yet.

Since I'm now to the point of reading this forum every day for the past 3 months and have no immediate need, I don't think I'm at risk of any impulse buy. On the contrary, it seems more likely that I will remain a few feet away from the "buy now" button for some time to come.
who else is on the good list and what batteries do they offer?

Back